What is your favourite F1 2019 Classic Car?

I like the 1996 Williams the most, especially in cockpit around Spa at sunset. Retro.

• Like 1

All Time Favourite: McLaren MP4-13 but whith WEST sponsor and not like in the game without it.

2nd car is Ferrari F2001 (of course with Marlboro) but it was never in the game.

3rd car is Benetton B195 (Bitburger) also was never in the game.

ALL SPONSORS NOT ALLOWED (ALC & TABAC) due Pegi 3  :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

Benetton B195 (Bitburger)

Love the Benetton, hope we'll get one soon in the game. It's one of my favorite mods on RFactor amd Assetto Corsa to drive with.

14 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

ALL SPONSORS NOT ALLOWED (ALC & TABAC) due Pegi 3  😄

Never understood this.

Tobacco sponsorship is banned in real life, so it not being in the game makes sense, but the nonexisting alcohol sponsorship is just is sad, as FIFA, which is also rated PEGI3, had plenty of it in the game for years.

Guess it's all about the budget.

(Still, interestingly "Singha" sneaked into the game on the Alfa Romeo livery, so why no Heineken etc.?)

As a young boy / teen a long long time ago I was highly impressed by the Lotus JPS livery and even made my Dad buy me the Scalextric version to race my brothers with. Nowadays that would be called bad parenting I guess although I never took up cigarette smoking because of it. I was also an avid snooker player and no amount of Embassy World Championships influenced me to indulge in long term suicide. I dont like the re-writing of history in any way instead believing its important to see how things were back then and how they have improved now. I believe most if not all of people using classic cars are us old enough not to be gullible to brand recognition, as youngsters would generally not be seen dead in crusty old cars their Dads used to reminisce about. It's somewhat like fighting the Germans in a WW2 game without swastikas. Just plain silly. 

• Like 1

1996 Williams is the first one that stands out to me, although I am a Ferrari boy at heart.

All-time favourite being the 2002 Ferrari for car, 1998 Williams for livery (so bad its good!)

• Like 3

Personally love the McLaren 1998 car, shame it's so lonely at the top of the K2 class 😄

Really enjoy the 3 cars from 2010, hope they add more cars from the one season😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Nice choice, for me it is the 98 McLaren and the 09 Brawn.

(Sadly they removed the 02 Ferrari)

Any idea why they removed the 02 Ferrari?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

Any idea why they removed the 02 Ferrari?

Could be a plenty of reasons why:

-maybe they decided that it is not necessary to be included anymore due to getting live statistics on what cars were used the most?

-maybe they simply did not want to pay the licence fee for this particular car for yet another year?

-maybe they were specifically told by the licence holders that the 02 Ferrari is now perhaps offlimits or the licence fee got too expensive or they had a time limited agreement / contract that expired?

-maybe they cut the 02 Ferrari from the game, after the controversy of Codemasters being the ones that stole the CAD data of the 02 Ferrari from a hobby designer on Assetto Corsa without asking him for permission nor giving him any credits or payment to the original creator of the model?

-maybe someone of the higher ranks and or the majority of devs at Codemasters did not like the car and simply asked the respective department to erase the 02 Ferrari from the game?

Either way, hope they can be a little bit more transparent about classic cars, classic tracks and the whole licencing procedure, so that the community gets a better understanding of what happens behind the closed doors of Codemasters, this would also give us the opportunity to properly appreciate their work and not end up in speculations or rumours being spread nonsensically.

Still, how much info is too much info?

If at all, only Codemasters can give a definite & official answer.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Thanks 1

no question, one of the best designs is the 1995 Benetton

Further I liked the BAR Honda 2004

For sure the red queen from Michael 2001

Jordan from 2001 with the Hornet

1994 Williams

there were some nice cars out there I have to say- could speak about more

From the 2019 Season Alfa wins the price for best design in my opinion.

• Like 1

1990 Ferrari.  Nostalgia and sound. 
2004 Ferrari.  Same as above. 

Pity the McLaren Honda of 1991 doesn’t sound particularly realistic.  And what’s with all the echo on tv replays?!?

• Like 1