VR low resolution?

Hi,

I tried Dirt Rally 2 VR for the first time today and I noticed that the resolution is really low. It reminds me of a 800x600 monitor resolution. Very pixelated. Other games don't look like that. I use a Odyssey+ that has a high resolution screen (better than the original vive / oculus rift). I run on a 1080ti and 8700k. No immersion at all.

Any tips?

On 2/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, Spiceworm said:
Hi,

I tried Dirt Rally 2 VR for the first time today and I noticed that the resolution is really low. It reminds me of a 800x600 monitor resolution. Very pixelated. Other games don't look like that. I use a Odyssey+ that has a high resolution screen (better than the original vive / oculus rift). I run on a 1080ti and 8700k. No immersion at all.

Any tips?

Maybe you haven't set a good supersampling.

Before starting DR2, set a good supersampling in SteamVR, settings, video. Try between 150% and 200% of original resolution. If you can (with your 1080Ti), put more.

And test it with and without reprojection.

If you won't see changes, maybe you are using an old version (two weeks ago) when you needed to change AA in a race in order to see supersampling well set.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, cestomano said:

Before starting DR2, set a good supersampling in SteamVR, settings, happy wheels, video. Try between 150% and 200% of original resolution. If you can (with your 1080Ti), put more.

If you won't see changes, maybe you are using an old version (two weeks ago) when you needed to change AA in a race in order to see supersampling well set.

Thank you very much for the very detailed help!

Edited by phillipmiller

Go to the VR config file for the game in my documents, open it with an editor, and manually change the resolution and set full screen to 0. Windows MR is broken in this game unless you do that.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:53 AM, cestomano said:

Before starting DR2, set a good supersampling in SteamVR, settings, video. Try between 150% and 200% of original resolution. If you can (with your 1080Ti), put more.

This problem wasn't fixed on the Odyssey/WindiwosMR. The only workaround is as I posted above.

Posted (edited)
On 2/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, cestomano said:

Before starting DR2, set a good supersampling in SteamVR, offshorededi, settings, video. Try between 150% and 200% of original resolution. If you can (with your 1080Ti), put more.

A Better Guide, Finally. thankyou.

Edited by FreakyVenom