Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Improvement] Fully upgraded cars in league events

Please use the fully upgraded version of cars in a league event. It kills interest in league events for drivers that just want to jump in and rally with their community.

I suggest it is simply an option in the rally setup.  That way the person creating the rally can choose.

1. Base car, ie no upgrades
2. Full upgrades
3. Upgrades earned in career mode.

Even though I voted yes, it usually only takes a season or two for upgrades to be fully applied. I still think it should be an option regardless, considering the base costs for cars exist.

For anyone that voted, NO, can you tell us why?  Because you want there to be the possibility that you have an advantage over people who haven't progressed as far in single player?  What possible reason is there for not wanting a level playing field?  Have you really won something if the playing field isn't equal?

We run a small league between a group of friends, but its impossible to compete and disheartening, when you are up against a fully upgraded car, drive a flawless stage and lose 12 seconds.  
I can get through Fferm Wynt 10 seconds faster in an upgraded 2wd M3, than what I can in an un-upgraded Grp A Impreza!!

Yes we need this.  Please give the admins the option.  I am fine with the cars actually not being upgraded as well in league mode if we choose. Just let the league administrator choose rather upgrades are allowed or not.  

eliandi said:
I suggest it is simply an option in the rally setup.  That way the person creating the rally can choose.

1. Base car, ie no upgrades
2. Full upgrades
3. Upgrades earned in career mode.
This would be fine too, serious sites would be able to always use the full upgrades, but fun series and individuals could opt out in their own tourneys

I voted no for events, since events are tied to the career mode (you get money and upgrade progression from them).

For leagues I'd say it would be nice to have upgrades as an option for the league creator.

I like the extra incentive to update cars, keeps me coming back. There should be types of online events that even the playing field though, like the ones where they let you try out a new car.

I still play most of the events with cars with few or no upgrades, and it is twice as rewarding if I get the chance to finish in the top 10% as an underdog.
I'll get my cars fully upgraded at some time, and I hope that gets me better results.

I really want this for league events, it makes sense that the Career -> Online Events are locked to your career progress. I should have specified league events in the OP.

For leagues however, in order to be competitive, players are forced into playing game modes they have no interest in. Grinding out money and upgrades in career mode has become work. I honestly now dread having to repeat this process again and dreading playing one of your favorite games is no way to go thru life.

I am also starting to get feedback in my current series, players who are involved in race series in other games not wanting to compete since they are at a disadvantage, and not having the time to put in to Career mode to be on a level playing field.

So leave the Career -> Online events they way they are, that's fine. But please allow league admins to run events with fully upgraded cars.

39 to 13 in favor of equal/upgraded cars for league events.  It's clear what the community wants, so when will this be implemented?

Yes, but just for leagues. (or better, could be nice if league admin could choose fully upgraded, stock or user status)

And remove the contract consumption in leagues!

OK so we are definitely going to make all the cars fully upgraded in leagues.

We are also going to investigate making it an option for the league owner to enable player upgrades but that will take more time.

Hell yes!

This open the door to all those people who likes racing in community but dont want/have the time to spend in the "RPG" section of the game in order to get the car upgrades.
Now, everyone can compete on equal footing.

But, what will be happen about the team, the engineers? I mean, repair times will be the same for all too?

OzoreXS said:
Hell yes!

This open the door to all those people who likes racing in community but dont want/have the time to spend in the "RPG" section of the game in order to get the car upgrades.
Now, everyone can compete on equal footing.

But, what will be happen about the team, the engineers? I mean, repair times will be the same for all too?

Your engineers are not used.

KickUp said:

We are also going to investigate making it an option for the league owner to enable player upgrades but that will take more time.

Awesome news!

KickUp said:

Awesome, that's great news, thanks!

It was announced that full upgrades will be enabled in leagues, but was it implemented or not? I didn't found an answer. Did I miss something?