Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

{PC} AI Stick to leaders pace

Recommended Posts

A short description of the problem: The pack has not formed up when the safety car comes in and all the AI that are not in the queue all stick to the leaders pace even though they shouldn't be. I initially get limited but I am able to go as fast as I want after 1 second or so ( I am the WIlliams at the start of the video)

Platform you're on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC Steam
Game Version: 1.20
Game Mode, including if it was singleplayer or multiplayer: Single Player Career Mode 
What happened in the lead up to the problem?: On lap 33/36 at Brazil the safety car comes out and since it is so far into the race when the safety car comes in at the end of lap 34 the field has not fully formed behind the safety car.
If you get an error message, the exact wording  of the error message you're receiving: Nothing
Any accessories you are using: (wheel, pad, etc): Pad

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

Video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Camza2011,

Thanks for the post.

Just to clarify from the video, the SC has been and now left the track, and you can drive at full race pace while the others are stuck under SC delta. Is that correct?

Also, the SC was deployed on Lap 33 and came back to the pits again on 34? Has this happened to you since?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I can confirm I had the same issue on PS4. Career Mode. Safety car was deployed near the end of the GP (Canada). It came out for 1 lap. When Jeff says Safety comming in this lap, AI cars would slow down and not catch up with the leading group. In my situation, I got stuck behind P10 I think ( I was p11) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zon1bzh said:

Hi, 

I can confirm I had the same issue on PS4. Career Mode. Safety car was deployed near the end of the GP (Canada). It came out for 1 lap. When Jeff says Safety comming in this lap, AI cars would slow down and not catch up with the leading group. In my situation, I got stuck behind P10 I think ( I was p11)  

 

Hi @zon1bzh

Do you have video of this? How many times has this happened to you? What length of race?

If either you or @Camza2011 have a full video, including initial deployment, that I can look at, that would be great

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Camza2011,

Thanks for the post.

Just to clarify from the video, the SC has been and now left the track, and you can drive at full race pace while the others are stuck under SC delta. Is that correct?

Also, the SC was deployed on Lap 33 and came back to the pits again on 34? Has this happened to you since?

No the safety car is heading to the pits after coming out for a retired car and the cars not behind the leader waiting the restart are also locked to the leaders pace, (around 89mph). This also happened at austrailia in career mode again safety car comes out lap 26 out of 29 goes in lap 27, the pack hasnt formed up top 5 are all behind hamilton (leader) going around 89mph, then al the cars behind are going 89mph meanwhile im able to close a 6 second gap to Hulkenburg before the game limits my car.

 

I honestly don't think its a bug just an oversight from the people who code it as they probably assumed the pack would always be formed up. Since this was also the case in 2018

Edited by Camza2011
made an error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @zon1bzh

Do you have video of this? How many times has this happened to you? What length of race?

If either you or @Camza2011 have a full video, including initial deployment, that I can look at, that would be great

 

I have this which briefly shows what happens in my above post 

Video

 

next time i have a late safety car i will make sure to record all of it

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @zon1bzh

Do you have video of this? How many times has this happened to you? What length of race?

If either you or @Camza2011 have a full video, including initial deployment, that I can look at, that would be great

 

I don't have any videos. (Sorry) 

It only happened once so far. Not had any Safety cars since.  50% races.

I will pay more attention next time, with some videos.

Edited by zon1bzh
Forgot information
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×