Sign in to follow this  

[Improvement] Gamepad support

I know it supposed to be sim and i would love to keep it that way, nevertheless right now its lack of gamepad configuration option. Fro instance in AC (which in my opinion is proper sim) im able to configure pad and make it playable on ds4. I've read that x360 controller has options that actually work but some others not really (like ds4, old logitech, direct input device in general) So I'm wondering how many of you use gamepads. cheers

I am really curious on what votes are going to look like. According to my other pool (not releated to Your topic) only 21 users out of 114 are NOT using steering wheels. I am looking forwards to follow this votes!

Excellent news, I have to use a pad the majority of the time due to time and space restrictions, so that's great to hear.

SamRWD said:
I am really curious on what votes are going to look like. According to my other pool (not releated to Your topic) only 21 users out of 114 are NOT using steering wheels. I am looking forwards to follow this votes!
I haven't seen other similar pool, and i can imagine most of people here have steering wheels, but similar too RogerDavies I don't have a lot of space , time and founds, so I'm more like casual player, but so far even on ds4 i cannot stop playing this game :) 

r0zen said:
SamRWD said:
I haven't seen other similar pool, and i can imagine most of people here have steering wheels, but similar too RogerDavies I don't have a lot of space , time and founds, so I'm more like casual player, but so far even on ds4 i cannot stop playing this game :) 
Please don't get me wrong, I am not looking down on gamepad users at all! I was just really surprised, that more than 80% of gamers are wheel users while it doesn't make much sence to use anything but keyboard/ gamepad to play previous DiRT games.

I'll repeat myself from other post:
To be clear, just because I want to play with pad it doesn't mean i want game to be dedicated for pad. I don't want another Dirt4 which I've played for 15 min max. I respect all you "wheel guys" and I would like Dirt as much sim as possible, (maybe some day I'll get wheel).
What I'm referring too is configuration options for pad which i don't think affects physics in game at all (or at least they shouldn't). In AC i can configure everything what I need as I want and i would love to have this possibility here, that's all

I'd play any racing game that  has a decent pad configuration out of the box and still give me enough kicks :wink: The handling guys wanted to make sure that the game played well on a pad, hence there are pad specific options. Pad issue will be looked into I'm sure :wink: 

I also have a wheel, but usually I'm too lazy to set it up. Also Xbox One controller support would be nice. I love that thing in Forza 5.

FlakHound said:

Arguriou said:
Sim and Gamepad = NOT SIM !!!
Feel free to go back to RBR. Oh wait, you can use a gamepad in that...

Ηahahaha

you are funny

This is not Grid my friend. This is not for pop-corn Players (consoles Players).

If you want fun play NFS with your Gamepad or pac-man.

This is Rally sim.

Arguriou said:

FlakHound said:

Arguriou said:
Sim and Gamepad = NOT SIM !!!
Feel free to go back to RBR. Oh wait, you can use a gamepad in that...

Ηahahaha

you are funny

This is not Grid my friend. This is not for pop-corn Players (consoles Players).

If you want fun play NFS with your Gamepad or pac-man.

This is Rally sim.

So? I can't fit a seat, steering wheel in pedals in my room! I don't really have much choice on what I use. Plus it's also expensive. It can still be a sim when played on a pad, and maybe we don't want to play need for speed? We want to play this.

id like better support for the Xbox one controller, the feedback in the steering isn't quite right, and you can't shift gears quickly, which has caught me out so many times after a spin when trying to go from reverse to first quickly, I end up rolling off a hill in neutral revving the nuts off it!

You cannot Play Sim Rally with a gamepad.

But you can Play Need for Speed.  There is no Problem. But Rally sim and Gamepad = pop-corn

I dont say buy a whell or a shifter. But without this you cannot drive the sim. This is so simple.

But it's not?

Did you not read anything I said or are you just being ignorant? The game is equally as challenging with a game pad. I'd like to play on the best wheel with a high spec PC, but I don't have to space or money, so I play on a pad. It's not quite as good, but it's still incredibly satisfying.

Ho These so call simmer can be a nasty butch.

To be honest not every Body can afford a wheel never the less the high end one's or the high end PC to go with them.

excluding people is childish , why should people who own a pad not be able to Play any Sim ?

A sim is still a game at the end of the day .

Next thing you know is you can only Play a sim if you have three Screens & Fanatec Clubsport V2 Setup ,

anything less is just to arcade.

at the end of the day Codemaster will not excluding pad users or Consoles for this game it would be to bigger loss of Revenue.

I have a Sim setup but still think people should not be excluded from playing unless they are willíng to spend 300 to 2000 bucks on a wheel & pedals.

They are not going to be setting record times but could still have fun I hope.

But it's not?

Did you not read anything I said or are you just being ignorant? The game is equally as challenging with a game pad. I'd like to play on the best wheel with a high spec PC, but I don't have to space or money, so I play on a pad. It's not quite as good, but it's still incredibly satisfying.
He's just a troll, and almost all of his posts look like that. And I'm not really sure why he constantly refers to it as "pop corn." Is there something lost in translation there? Anyways, I've reported his post because he literally doesn't add anything to the threads, just heckles gamepad users.

No, I shouldn't feed the trolls, just wanted to make a point :)

Just had an intense monte in the group b's, and it felt pretty good, but I just did shakedown in the 90's lancia and it felt horrid again. I'll have to fiddle with the sensitivity to try and get it to work better

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but when I move the steering stick from side to side, it doesn't steer instantly, it goes sloooowly, which makes it impossible to make quick turns in the heat of the moment, or control understeer/oversteer. I need it to be completely direct, as precise as my thumb is. Bassically, I just want the steering to behave exactly like it would in a wheel, but using my stick as an input. That's how I play Assetto Corsa, rFactor and Live for Speed.

Arguriou said:

Popcorn, huh? Don't blame me if you starve!  ;)
*hoards cake, cheeseburgers, and POPCORN while enjoying Dirt Rally*

I have a nice Fanatec wheel and and a sweet set of clubsport pedals. I use a gamepad anyway.

If its a simulator, then why is it organized so much like a game? Don't get me wrong, I'm unbiased and will soon be welding a chassis together with a seat, controls, all the goodness for my games.