Pit assists

Hi ,

It's me or There are circuits where pit assists can give You an extra of 2 seconds just entering the pitlane on full throttle? Canada is very obvious

You cm guys should fix that, i renember the same issue from the first F1 game i played

Edited by pedrosdt

Hi @pedrosdt,

There is an option to turn off Pit Assists should you want a more realistic experience. This can also be edited in the Settings for both Offline and Online modes.

20200210104407_1.jpg

What do you think the topic starter means with this topic. "Using pitassist should not give you 2 seconds benefit".  you should be awarded to switch it off. Going full throttle with pitassists on gives you 2 seconds benefit in for example canada. 

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @pedrosdt,

There is an option to turn off Pit Assists should you want a more realistic experience. This can also be edited in the Settings for both Offline and Online modes.

20200210104407_1.jpg

Thanks Barry ,

I know it, what i mean is that should not be that huge difference in time, the ai should slow down the car if it enters the pit too quick, in order to make fair multiplayer sessions between people with and without assists.

• Agree 3

In project cars multiplayer the lobby creator gets to choose whether people have to do manual pit stops or auto pit stops. Everyone has to use the same method so no advantage is gained. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

In project cars multiplayer the lobby creator gets to choose whether people have to do manual pit stops or auto pit stops. Everyone has to use the same method so no advantage is gained. 

Technically the manual pit stop can be mandated by assist restriction, but in the unrestricted lobby the drivers CAN use manual or auto. In an unrestricted lobby you do as the Romans.

• Agree 3

I don't mean that everybody has to use the same assists, i like playing with everybody no matter their skills, and it's funny to fight against anybody, veteran or new players if they are clean

What i can't understand is why a car in front of me is braking from 300 to 60 km/h instantly while i have to respect the laws of physics, just that, a fix to avoid the 2 seconds "penalty" to the people who play with no pit assists.

I'll try to post a vídeo but i'm sure most people know what i mean

Edited by pedrosdt
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, pedrosdt said:

I don't mean that everybody has to use the same assists, i like playing with everybody no matter their skills, and it's funny to fight against anybody, veteran or new players if they are clean

What i can't understand is why a car in front of me is braking from 300 to 60 km/h instantly while i have to respect the laws of physics, just that, a fix to avoid the 2 seconds "penalty" to the people who play with no assists.

Because that's what gamers do. If it didn't behave like that, the pit assist would be broken. Either it's an assist (autopilot) or it's under user control. It's impossible to make a part assist. But then, because it's unrealistic, gamers will use the advantage.

Hi Barry, that's the 20g braking i was talking about

I wonder if could be possible to make the people who enters the pit at this speed loose during the pitstop the same amount of time they gained at the entrance, just to make the game just more fair to everybody

I understand that being an assist it can give the fastest pitstop possible in real life, but not faster than that

Edited by pedrosdt
  • Agree 1

Hi @pedrosdt,

With the nature of the assist, it has to be a complete end-to-end assist designed for new players to the game. Apart from turning it off, there would be no way to manage the time gained. In sessions where the assist can be on, it can be managed so all players, in that race, have an equal playing field

The only way this could be used as an advantage is in online play, as offline you have the control to turn it off yourself. For this, host of lobbies should have this set as either OFF to level the playing field or let people use it to their advantage, very much like any assist in the game that can help the player. This would be at the discretion of the host of the lobby.

20200211090655_1.jpg

Also, holding someone in the pits because they used the assist wouldn't seem realistic either, and would be a hard one to justify to players.

Hi @BarryBL, I understand that stopping a car 0,5-2 sec in pits wouldn´t seem realistic, what i mean is that instant braking from 323 to 80 km/h isn´t realistic as well. I can imagine how difficult is to manage this issue in pit entrances like Canada, where is difficult to know until the last moment if the player is entering the pits or is going to continue for another lap, so the game has less space to slow down the car, but maybe if the ia takes control a few meters before it could be a little more gradual, making it more realistic and reducing the gaining time. I know that somebody who fails the corner could be forced to enter the pits if the red line in the image below is used by the ia to take control, but maybe the green could be safe for the assist users.

image.png.bac3c8f673f16c6c63cbc189170d2139.png

This same discussion about gaining time with or without other assists is very common in the forum, and i think could be great to balance these differences. If somebody comes with a better idea would be great. I know that this issue about pit assists isn´t very important and doesn´t affect to all circuits, but why not to make it a little better if its possible.

Thanks anyway for your time and answers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

best solution would be: Take this assist completely out of the game.

It's more of a cheat than an assist as nothing like it appears in real life due to the bypassing of basic physics laws. TC and ABS appear in real life as well as self drive cars... But even self drive cars can't stop on a dime from full speed! 

• Agree 1

If you enable the racing line, the line shows you more or less where you should break to get to the speed limit.

Maybe a fair solution so the assist isn't an advantage would be that the assist kicks in a few meters ahead where the racing line shows the braking spot. 

So that way:

- No racing line and no assist: you can get the best entry time. Trial and error where to brake.

- Racing line and no assist: you can get a somewhat best entry if you brake where the line marks

- Assist (racing line or not): the assist kicks in earlier than where the racing line shows