Sign in to follow this  

Another update...

SO another update has been delivered. How are people finding it? My observations are...

• Engine cutouts seem to be reduced.
  • Corner cutting seems to be more tolerated.
  • Homicidal drivers seem to have more ability to take you out without damaging their car.
  • Safety rating seems to have disappeared / been hidden
  • A new premium event for those that want to spend £5 has appeared. I decided to bit the bullet and try it, but it seems that cheating is just as rife as in the non premium events. At least - I would LOVE to see a one minute 16 second lap. My best is a one minute 27. So apparently I am 11 seconds off the pace. My car is not too shabby now with fairly high aero (622), and I can see that with upgrades it should be possible to get a one 20, But one 16?

What are other people seeing?

I'm still seeing the oppostion have incredible pace from nowhere, in qualifying at Singapore I was 0.4s behind before the first corner, which isn't very far from the start line. They flew past me like I wa standing still. 

I lost about 300pts after the update, losing duel after duel to people with lower car ratings than me, I'd do a personal best and they'd beat me by +2.0s.

In one event I had a grid start at Monaco, the oppostion car moved forawrd before the countdown had finished, smashed the car in front into the air, it landed on may car and I DNF'd before the race had even started. It's really hard to win points on this game but so easy to lose them (even ignoring the amount of times the game crashes when loading a duel and when you restart you've lost more points). 

Agree on some of the race times in Bahrain, those times are unrealistic. My personal best is a 1:23 and I'm miles from the front-runners.  

How did you knock +1s off your personal best, did you have some upgrades? 

I'm braking in the same places as you (for shorter times too) and taking the same lines, I obviously don't have the the perfromance in the car to get near those kinds of times.  

44 minutes ago, G1bby said:

How did you knock +1s off your personal best, did you have some upgrades? 

I'm braking in the same places as you (for shorter times too) and taking the same lines, I obviously don't have the the perfromance in the car to get near those kinds of times.  

No upgrades for a while.Don t forget to turn off your brake assist

1 hour ago, CosareNL said:

No upgrades for a while.Don t forget to turn off your brake assist

I have no brake assist and low steering assist.

I've just been exerimenting with my set-up, my previous best was a 1:23.6 using a full aero package (aero = 640ish) but I've now added a bit more power and handling and after a bit of practise I've just done a 1:21.4 so a 2s improvement. 

I think that's teh most I can get out of my current parts, need to get some upgrades...........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G1bby said:

I have no brake assist and low steering assist.

I've just been exerimenting with my set-up, my previous best was a 1:23.6 using a full aero package (aero = 640ish) but I've now added a bit more power and handling and after a bit of practise I've just done a 1:21.4 so a 2s improvement. 

I think that's teh most I can get out of my current parts, need to get some upgrades...........

Great job.It takes time.I am playing it since april 2019

Edited by CosareNL

Thanks Cosare - I'm beginning to see where I am getting my lines wrong. I also need to get the hand of not using brake assist.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:48 AM, CosareNL said:

Great job.It takes time.I am playing it since april 2019

Just moved up a level so I've been able to add a bit more performance to the car, just did a 1:19.99.  

• Like 1