Why my car crashes without any reason?

Hi everybody, I play F1 2019 on PS4 since January. Since the end of my last race (career mode) and the beginning of the German free practice 1, the car crashes again and again without any reason. I exit boxes and the car crashes by itself 100 meters after. Again and again. I drive a Racing Point car. When I drive any other car in a single race this problem disappear. Any answer? Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the video.

I'm guessing you are still in Season 1? Has this happened to you at any other track other than Hockenheim?

When trying this out in a single race, did you also use Hockenheim?

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks for answering. It began to happen at the end of British race. I had to use flashbacks many times just for finish the race. In every flashback the car crashed a little bit far and that's how I could finish. And the video I've posted is what I'm suffering every time I try to start Practice 1.

Yesterday I tried a single race in Hockenheim, with Ferrari/Leclerc and everything was fine.

Thanks.

You state your in career mode, do you have any damaged components?

maybe the gearbox? Can you change any worn components and still have time left

in FP1 to finish any practice programs you want done?

Edited by CCDriver1
  • Thanks 1

Last night I skipped FP1 and tried FP2 for a few minutes and everything was ok. Today I'll try to make entire FP2. Still thinking what was wrong. Yeah, maybe gearbox, but my team should notify me... Thanks for answering.

to be fair it looks weird but that is defintely a component failure.

the retire (DNF) system is very bad in this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

HI @Vitalogy1412,

Thanks for your post.

Can you provide the below information when possible:

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3.       Game-mode?

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include exact recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

6.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

• Agree 1

Hmm, seems interesting but this may be isolated to this one track, while rest of the game is working just fine. Talking about game improvements, have you heard about best way to get fo76 caps to make the game more enjoyable? When playing in a literal nuclear wasteland I guess it's obvious for both of us that you could use any help you can get.

Edited by dolbyjob
  • Agree 1

Could also be engine components? Can you send a screenshot of the state of your gearbox/engine too. Just in case 😄 

• Agree 1

Hi, from what I heard, the tires lock up. This must be a component failure. You should check your MFD or on your computer before a session starts to look at your components.

• Thanks 1

If you use flashbacks, in a component failure situation, I believe that you can't flashback.

After Jeff says "That was a big one, let me know you're okay?" You should look at the replay if you are able to flashback. If so, then, this might be a bug... 

• Thanks 1

Finally I've tried to make entire FP2 and everything has been fine. Any problem and I've finished 7th. Maybe a bug... Thanks everybody!

I would suggest a useful addition into the game would be if a player is about it start session and one or more components are in such poor condition that they might not last the session then a warning should show on screen :

TEAM WARNING - COMPONENT X IS BADLY WORN AND SHOULD BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY PRESS A TO CONTINUE OR B TO ENTER SETUP AREA 

This warning could of course be toggled on or off in config so as not to annoy a player only intending to do a couple of laps but would at least eradicate ignorance of a poor car component! 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I would suggest a useful addition into the game would be if a player is about it start session and one or more components are in such poor condition that they might not last the session then a warning should show on screen :

TEAM WARNING - COMPONENT X IS BADLY WORN AND SHOULD BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY PRESS A TO CONTINUE OR B TO ENTER SETUP AREA 

This warning could of course be toggled on or off in config so as not to annoy a player only intending to do a couple of laps but would at least eradicate ignorance of a poor car component! 

This could be great...

11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Interesting idea, I think that would be useful.

I'll suggest it to the developers for future titles

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Much as I like it, I think that Jeff could relay the situation in the pit box (after the game either comes back from repair time or before driving from the garage). I mean it's not Caterham or Williams is it....?

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Much as I like it, I think that Jeff could relay the situation in the pit box (after the game either comes back from repair time or before driving from the garage). I mean it's not Caterham or Williams is it....?

Jeff could definitely do it as well for more realism, yes good point, except so many of us are used to tuning Jeff out due to his repetitiveness that for something so important as a session/race ending component a visual cue and request for user input would be very useful. 

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We all appreciate your willingness to help. However,doing that makes no sense as the game will already let you know when parts that you have the choice of replacing or not have worn to the point that they will not give maximum performance or,as with the transmission,is about to or has failed.The only damaged/worn parts that you can leave the garage without changing are those such as the engine,transmission,turbo and generating units.As with a flat tire,all other damage,such as wing or suspension,will be repaired before you will be allowed to leave the garage.That is why when you have a crash that isn't enough to retire the car,when you get back to the pits you have to sit there while the repairs are being done before you can go back out.The worse the damage,the longer it takes to make repairs.The OP's issue is either a glitch in the game which seems unlikely because if it was then there would be more reports of the issue and there would be a lot more crashes on track due to these worn or damaged parts and the crash would happen at different places on the track.The issue is most likely a bad connection and or glitch with his wheel/controller.That's why the OP is the only one with this issue because the issue lies within the system the game is being played on.One last possibility is that it seems when he got on the brakes,the rear brakes locked and the fronts did not which sent a car into a spin without turning the wheel.Perhaps he accidentally adjusted the brake bias too far or all the way to the rear or a computer glitch made that adjustment for him.

The same thing has just happened to me. Been running a season without any problems until the Austrian GP. Every time I try to race the car suddenly just stops mid track and I get the "That was a big one, are you ok?" in my ears. No visible damage or anything. I checked every component afterwards and all seem ok. I didn't spin or skid or anything, the car just stops and the race is over.

Also tried using flashbacks and got a bit further each time but. This all happens at about lap 32 of 36. Every time I try to race.

Running Alfa Romeo in Career mode. First season. It's like the game doesn't like that I've won all races so far and won't give me another victory.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lakrits said:

The same thing has just happened to me. Been running a season without any problems until the Austrian GP. Every time I try to race the car suddenly just stops mid track and I get the "That was a big one, are you ok?" in my ears. No visible damage or anything. I checked every component afterwards and all seem ok. I didn't spin or skid or anything, the car just stops and the race is over.

Also tried using flashbacks and got a bit further each time but. This all happens at about lap 32 of 36. Every time I try to race.

Running Alfa Romeo in Career mode. First season. It's like the game doesn't like that I've won all races so far and won't give me another victory.

Exactly! Well, I wish I could won a single race, but that's not my case 🙂 . You've described the same I told you, so I don't feel like a freak... Thanks.

like i said in previous comment...

thats 100% gearbox failure.

you have one for training and one for Q and R (at least for 6 races without getting penalty).

The system give you the opportunity to change the Q and R gearbox...after 6 races there is always a pop up massage.

BUT....for your training gearbox, there is no massage....so you should observe by yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

like i said in previous comment...

thats 100% gearbox failure.

you have one for training and one for Q and R (at least for 6 races without getting penalty).

The system give you the opportunity to change the Q and R gearbox...after 6 races there is always a pop up massage.

BUT....for your training gearbox, there is no massage....so you should observe by yourself.

It would be reasonable if the problem remained in every FP, but it only happened in FP1. In FP2 it went fine...