Sign in to follow this  

[PC] - Screen Freeze - Lower Vehicle Reflection Settings

Hello,

just downloaded game from steam a couple days ago,   I cannot get through a race before the screen freezes and goes back to the windows home screen.   I tried tried turning off the shading (n nvidia geforrce Rex 2080).  I have a i7-9700k processor 16 go memory so there are shouldn’t be any issues,  I uninstalled through stream and then reinstalled and still have same problem.

any help is appreciated!

mark

Edited by marks2

1 minute ago, marks2 said:

Hello,

just downloaded game from steam a couple days ago,   I cannot get through a race before the screen freezes and goest back to the windows home screen.   I tried tried turning off the shading (n nvidia geforrce Rex 2080).  I have a i7-9700k processor 16 go memory so there are shouldn’t be any issues,  I uninstalled through stream and then reinstalled and still have same problem.

any help is appreciated!

mark

Post a dxdiag and the name of your mainboard if it is not in the dxdiag, thanks.

Come on codemasters just look at the sheer number of people suffering freezing and crashing to desktop (see steam forum comments for the patch). The new patch has wrecked the game. Please can you let us all know when a new patch to fix the last patch is going to be released. In the meantime please can you provide clear instruction on how we can all get back to the last working version of the game. Thank you.

Edited by RayCattini
spelling

12 hours ago, marks2 said:

Here you go.....

ASRock  2370 Pro4-CB

DxDiag.txt

ASUS Z370 Pro 4

Updated UEFI BIOS please follow the steps outlined. Your CPU will not be properly identified or have microcode without the update.

@BarryBL may well be correct, it seems the crashes in F1 2019 are related to the Nvidia driver. 

If changing the settings is ineffective, I would recommend DDU and reinstall.

Let's go for these changes and then I will analyse the other drivers more closely later if needed.

Edited by steviejay69
check board is correct before proceeding

I have not got the updated UEFI yet, (not for lack of trying), but did lower the Vehicle reflections setting from Very High down to High, and have not had any problems since...

i will keep trying the UEFI.  It doesn’t want to read the files (Says they aren’t there )off the USB drive.  When I try it from Windows it loads the files and then nothing happens other than the window closes and it doesn’t ask to restart....

Mark

15 hours ago, marks2 said:

I have not got the updated UEFI yet, (not for lack of trying), but did lower the Vehicle reflections setting from Very High down to High, and have not had any problems since...

i will keep trying the UEFI.  It doesn’t want to read the files (Says they aren’t there )off the USB drive.  When I try it from Windows it loads the files and then nothing happens other than the window closes and it doesn’t ask to restart....

Mark

image.thumb.png.af883eb9701fd97713fa16debec7c339.png

There should only be the one file. You need to extract the download to the root of a FAT32 USB. You need to read the instructions I posted -  DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS FLASHER!

There are quite a few downloads in between your release BIOS and the latest. Knowing ASUS, one may well be a bridge BIOS and not documented.

Try v3.30 then v4.30 if you have extracted the file correctly.

Edited by steviejay69
and for god's sake please check the board is the correct one! I will not be repsonsible for a paperweight!

17 hours ago, marks2 said:

Mark

Hi @marks2,

Hopefully, it looks like the Vehicle Reflections change may have helped.

If you run into anything after this, please let us know. The change to the Vehicle Reflections is still a solution we are looking for feedback on, so anything would be appreciated 👍

Finally was able to update EUFI-BIOS.  It turns out my board is an OEM ASRock Z370 PRO-CB (the CB must stand for CyberPower?).   I could only update after  contacting CyberPower and being sent the file.  It wouldn't recognize the file direct from ASRock.  

Also, calling CyberPower I was told that they would not help and updating would void my warranty....!  When I wrote to them I was sent the file and directions and no threats about voiding warranty....

I did try to change the Shadow settings back to very high and almost complete a 50% race length at Austrailia before it crashed.  It looks like turning the Shadow to High the ticket.  

Many thanks to those that assisted!!

Mark