Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Off Your Replays

bogani said:
Can anyone recommend a video editor that's not too complicated but still puts out good quality? The source recordings I did for this are in good and crispy quality but as soon as I merge and edit in Windows Movie Maker the video quality turn to shite. I really like how simple you can add videos and crop them real easy in WMM though.
Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas. For simple cutting and putting clips together it's very simple. It gets complicated when you want to do more but there are so many tutorials out there that it shouldn't really be much of an issue. If you'll be going with Premiere, I advise getting Adobe Media Encoder as well, great piece of rendering tool (Handbrake is still a must for compressing the files while retaining the quality).

dgeesi0 said:
 even flat out car just drops no bounce.odd.
I've noticed in Finland (or any jump) that if you match your speed, and watch your RPM (don't just keep your foot flat on the floor) over the jumps, you can land them so much easier without the drama and punctures. 

Evilsmurf said:
dgeesi0 said:
 even flat out car just drops no bounce.odd.
I've noticed in Finland (or any jump) that if you match your speed, and watch your RPM (don't just keep your foot flat on the floor) over the jumps, you can land them so much easier without the drama and punctures. 
I can attest to that. Having enough patience to figure out the exact speed and RPM is another story completely though :D 

dgeesi0 said:
fast run but looks so robotic.you never hardly counter steer even flat out car just drops no bounce.odd.
Quite Gamey...

Yeah, the V2 RS200 is vastly more 'challenging' to drive than that.  The car doesnt rev, sounds like its running rookie Traction control lol

KevM said:
Quite Gamey...

Yeah, the V2 RS200 is vastly more 'challenging' to drive than that.  The car doesnt rev, sounds like its running rookie Traction control lol
I guess if someone doesn't bother learning it, it can be quite challenging. :)

Quite condescending there Porky!     I like it!!   :D

My seven year old cousin came over last week.  I let him play DiRT Rally, but he was tragically poor at driving, so I switched on Rookie Traction control for him, it made it nice and easy!

He made it through the stage easy enough then, & thought he was some kinda hero!!  Funny story...  :D   lol

KevM said:
Quite condescending there Porky!     I like it!!   :D

My seven year old cousin came over last week.  I let him play DiRT Rally, but he was tragically poor at driving, so I switched on Rookie Traction control for him, it made it nice and easy!

He made it through the stage easy enough then, & thought he was some kinda hero!!  Funny story...  :D   lol
This hinting of me using driving assists is what's funny. Just because you can't learn to drive for the life of you doesn't mean everyone else has the same problem. I think next time I'm recording a run with this car I'll be sure to take a few extra seconds to let the viewer have a peak in preferences, just to shut his yap.

hahahah i dont think he uses anything kev just the run while fast was so smooth but just robotic to watch.nice run anyways. ;)

dgeesi0 said:
hahahah i dont think he uses anything kev just the run while fast was so smooth but just robotic to watch.nice run anyways. ;)

He gets grumpy when he hasn't had a Snickers!  :)

I never suggested he used TCS (i dont think he would), I only said that it sounded like it!   

The "having a go at my ability to drive", very Club-ramPage!! Im ok with that, cracks me up though, :D  
I am consistently in the top 20 without thousands of hours of play!!  Considering the frequent bombardment of augmented times, goodness knows where that ACTUALLY puts me in the grand scheme of things, in terms of actual ability....?  ;)

Oh no, you didn't suggest I was using assists at all, nope. And I wasn't in fact having a go at your driving ability, what would make you believe such a thing? :o

Calm down big fella, you'll crash in the daily's! :D  

Some day in the near future, you and me can borrow Playstation 4s and have a race & it'll be good fun!  We can look back and laugh at this oul crazy bitching! :)

I was about to write about my though on shortcut... You really have to play a lot to know those...

I don't play a lot on Wales & not really interested in the leaderboard time. I'm happy enough being often in the top 100.

KevM said:
Slight stutter at the very start (mine seems to do the same when using OBS) but fine after that
Alright thanks. Guess it's something between me and youtube then. I did some test recordings too with a combination of v-sync and locking the framerate and still had the same things with the uploaded clips. Also tried a different app and encoding to see if that made any difference but no.

Edit: Yeah, something was messed up with my Firefox settings. Once I reset that to defaults playback was fine. Thanks again for letting me know.

I'm on a mission. A mission to score all legit WR's. On Monte Carlo. With 2000s class. 1 stage down so far. 11 to go. Wish me luck... or not xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSPXR_oNUuw

Mk2 on Sweet Lamb.                                           

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JHkXmnk2A

Sorry @function9 - Your videos are jerking throughout, it's just more noticeable from the off.  However, it looks like frames missing, like every other frame, or just even a frame sync issue (render Vs source)

I don't know how this (might) affect it, but i saw a setting a JackFrags vid that @RyuMakkuro linked to me for rendering that needs to be unchecked, frame merge or something.

I appreciate you letting me know. They were choppy for me then, I reset Firefox to all default settings and the videos played smoothly. I previously uploaded a run that I did with v-sync enabled as a test, that was choppy too. I just uploaded it again and even now it's still stutters in spots.

I have Afterburner set to record at 60fps, I've tried recording at lower fps too and those were still choppy. At no time during recording does fps fall below 60, the lowest I've seen it drop is to about 65-68 and that's only in a few spots out of all the stages in Wales. It's typically between 80-90fps, I take about a 30fps hit when recording. And it only seems to be when the file is uploaded to youtube. I've watched the captured videos and encoded videos in windows media player classic and VLC, they're always smooth. Here's the video with v-sync enabled if you don't mind taking a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3tN6mlv6wY

It's jittering :(

No sound either, i assumed it was for testing.
What exactly are you doing for recording?  App to capture, app to compress/render?

Dang, I thought V-Sync would ensure a steady FPS, as long as you can maintain 60fps which I know I have no problem doing.

I have the sound for dirt turned down to like 20 in windows otherwise engine sounds are way too loud and can't hear codriver even with the audio sliders adjusted. So if I record I just ALT+ENTER and turn the sound up and go back to full screen. Just for test videos I don't bother.

For recording I'm using MSI Afterburner. I capture in MJPG @ 78 quality and 720p@60fps. The game is installed on an SSD and I capture to a 1TB HDD. For say a 3min video, this gives me a file a bit over 1GB at about 55-56Mbps. I use Avidemux to encode using h/x264. Here's the details for that last video I posted (test):
Format                         : AVI
Format/Info                    : Audio Video Interleave
File size                      : 353 MiB
Duration                       : 3mn 9s
Overall bit rate               : 15.6 Mbps

Video
ID                             : 0
Format                         : AVC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                 : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames      : 6 frames
Codec ID                       : H264
Bit rate                       : 14.0 Mbps
Nominal bit rate               : 16.0 Mbps
Width                          : 1 280 pixels
Height                         : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 60.000 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.253
Stream size                    : 317 MiB (90%)
Writing library                : x264 core 146 r2538 121396c
Encoding settings              : cabac=1 / ref=6 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=12 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=12 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=30 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=16000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                             : 1
Format                         : PCM
Format settings, Endianness    : Little
Format settings, Sign          : Signed
Codec ID                       : 1
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Stream size                    : 34.8 MiB (10%)
Alignment                      : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration           : 17 ms (1.00 video frame)
This is an old video, I think I posted here already, but this was using Shadowplay to capture at highest settings and VSDC Free Video Editor to encode. Just wondering how this plays. Thanks again for taking the time to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cNekKs3tY

Kind of useless to keep the quality, since youtube reduced it to about under 10Mbps. The 720P60 seem to playback fine.

I usually upload my video at 15Mbps/1080P60

The quality still drop a lot from the original video.

There still appears to be issues with that, although to my eye them seem less than the other videos.   

Gonna stick my neck out and say it's your encoding.  @RyuMakkuro linked me to the how to record vids, you might be able to gleen something from his settings.

https://youtu.be/Qlj_ki5htZA