DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Off Your Replays

KevM said:
Hence not one WR ever, has featured the telemetry bar.  Why?  Because legit WR's are rarer than Rocking-horse shit! lol
No, they're pretty common actually. Seen some set on live streams even. You just can't do it yourself.

KevM said:
Hence not one WR ever, has featured the telemetry bar.  Why?
Because not many people know of its existence? You do realise that not everyone that plays DiRT Rally and has a WR has an account on racedepartment or looks through the forums? And even those that have can still miss it.

I personally every single time forget about it and then after doing the run I'm like "FUCK, I forgot to download and set-up that telemetry thing again". Sure, sounds like a lame excuse, but I'm quite lazy when it comes to things like that. Especially when I do WR runs only in Monte Carlo and VERY rarely.

And to be honest, I don't care if some guy will think that I cheat. His problem, not mine. I know I don't cheat, that run can be beaten and that's all I need to know.

KevM said:
Hence not one WR ever, has featured the telemetry bar.  Why?  Because legit WR's are rarer than Rocking-horse shit! lol
No, they're pretty common actually. Seen some set on live streams even. You just can't do it yourself.
I don't disagree at all!  I can't do it, it's not actually possible for me! lol

Any of you guys fancy drifting the whole Col de Turini stage in an M3?  I can do that so you guys should be able to do it with your eyes shut, no...?  :)

M3 oversteer/drift practice, Monte Carlo
https://youtu.be/5hFlCjoYybg

I think the main issue I have @RyuMakkuro , is with grip, or lack of it?

Where your car (albeit 4wd) seems to completely bog down & struggle in 2nd gear on full snow with standard tarmac tyres on, I struggle to achieve anywhere near the same levels of traction on Monte even at twice the speed in 3rd & 4th gear, even on dry tarmac, as you can see above.  
This demands big balls and a whole different level of ability & skill just to deal with the car control, just like a real rally driver would have to, but I am no doubt losing time as a result :(
Whereas the WR videos I watch seem quite careless, often with stupid minor mistakes and accidents.  The handling looks so unchallenging with little of no need for throttle balance of counter-steer compared to the game I play!  Heck, I even had a go at Porky before when his car sounded like he was using some sort of Rookie traction control that I switch on for my 7 year old cousin! lol

V2 physics succeed because they are on such a fine line as far as grip and weight go, maybe the Slow bug you speak of, actually affects grip/gravity/down-force for some users?  Just, I notice lots of sparks on your replays.  Maybe its a 'bug or code thing' after all...?  I haven't been able to replicate that particular issue, but have been able to replicate one where the in-game settings can have a sizeableaffect stage time.  Maybe we should do some community testing?  

I wonder just how fast I could be if my computer had that 'bug'??  Would I even want to still play such an undemanding driving game?  

Hmmm.... All very Interesting.... 

there is no point questioning things who is legit who isnt.you will just end up with a headache.im just starting to drive and ignore times now.hacks are still out they arnt stopped.kinda feared it may happen and some people are obviously still using them.

some peoples cars magically are faster still to the ground dont bounce almost robotic in nature.

unless you can prove it dont even bother with it.i just pass on times i know arent right to the devs and just pray they sort them out.

honestly hand on heart it wont ever be stopped .if it would of been stopped it would of been by now.9 months later still same cheats being used that have been for years. since dirt 3.

the real funny thing is if a stupid time set oh its cause hes a rally driver . no that's been debunked many timed already.kev arbring great run on sweet lamb 6:20 bmw i tried that yesterday for eg 5:57 after a couple of runs.im not even that quick with that car.the other famous rally guy video on bidno with fiesta i did two runs day after it beat it by 9 secs. im not the quickest in a fiesta either.so the rally driver stuff basically means nothing.

some people are using different grip settings , turbos, disabling time also in dirt 3 can you remember the guides ? so basically you on auto pilot. yes that. so basically people drive the perfect lines no mistakes.

thats the thing. when a person drives unaided or without software help you make mistakes even little ones on a perfect run. then watch some back some do.no mistakes no little back end twitches just perfect.

the other matter is for all we know who arent in the loop. testers could have different settings top players could be devs. you dont know. you will never know. so everything unless proven is just hearsay and not worth wasting your time on.

just drive and have fun ignore the times.some can do the times legit and will do. some tracks are easier than others.some cars are easier than others. people who are genuinely fast can set a top ten without breaking sweat first run of the day . top 3 is a different story and they will often just do speed runs many times till they get that time.

currently its almost pointless as many tracks every top 5 is a cheater some tracks on monte have upto 20 hack times at the top. no joke.

KevM said:
I wonder just how fast I could be if my computer had that 'bug'??
Are you really that thick or just acting? That bug SLOWS you down. It has a CHANCE of appearing at the first event. Once you complete the event, it should be gone for the entire session. Once you restart DR it may appear again on the first event. And so on and so forth.

Also, you're comparing an 80s RWD car with a 2007-2009 WRC 4WD spec car? That's over 20 years of advancement in suspension, downforce and so on. Of course that a 4WD car will be a lot easier to control, that's the only way they could improve the rally cars since Group A began. If you want to compare a 4WD vs RWD, you have to take the Metro vs 037. And then you have to keep in mind, it's going to be a lot more difficult to push with Lancia than it is with MG.

I probably won't be able to drift properly with an M3. You know why? I play on a gamepad, so I don't have as much precision as someone who uses a steering wheel. With endless hours of practice I would most likely be able to pull it off successfully with the M3 but it won't be more due to knowing how the car behaves at that part, rather than actually being able to control the car in that situation.

On top of that, all my tarmac setups are fully lowered and stiffened, which is why the sparks appear. The car is bottoming out on the jumps. Not a problem since it happens on 3-4 places on the entire Monte Carlo.

And lastly, but definitely not least, you have to understand that a World Record (aka the fastest time in the world) run means that going slower to not mess up is no longer an option. The only thing that counts is going as fast as possible, pushing it as hard as possible, which inevitably may look a bit "careless", which it actually is. You don't care if you crash, you care about going faster than you ever did before. Restart option is there always, which is also why Leaderboards are a very bad thing for online competition, but that's a completely different topic altogether. If you think I managed that run on my first try, you're greatly mistaken. Also, if you look at the 3:05 in my run, you'll notice that I wasn't able to counter-steer properly, which is why I scratched the wall and had a bad entry to the hairpin. I lost probably about 0,4s just there.

Seriously Kev, take a break. You really need it. Cool off your head and then come back. At this point you're just coming up with more and more ridiculous stuff that is painful to read.

PS. Surprised to see that someone actually uses that M3 skin I made.

@dgeesi0 Those are cheated times, not hacked. Hacking is cracking the game files generally, using a trainer to score impossible times is cheating. Mind the difference as modding is inevitably a part of hacking, but not necessarily cheating.

So it's not a bug???  :o :o

I'm acting, you failed to pick up on that.

@dgeesi0 my Monte video was all about the fun of driving, nothing else.  Times haven't been on my radar for a long while now, though getting into the top 30 is plenty for me, with the volumes of players now that's an achievement in itself!

Hi, this is my youtube channel where I post many Dirt videos ! I'm not a really good driver but I hope you will enjoy ;)  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CjQlPVTHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNaGYEFAPoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxjYWHCW40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7Dl0oKZHA
( Sorry for my bad english ) :)

top ten with the m3. man i love the sound of the car B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPylwOvgQPI

well was the daily so had a nice run with the fiat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJH14tUEmY

6:40.383 on Kakaristo with the Stratos.

Could have been a 6:38.xxx if it wasn't for the adventure at 5:07 mins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ALdUo7XvI

Some new videos where i play with the H gearbox of Logitech G27 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMFcwP_ZR0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLP2A7Lksc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ppLFfI9iZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WWv0IMSFw
:)

nice run with the peugeot 306 maxi but god damn i hate them kit cars. just wanna slide and rev like bikes :D

could shave some more time off but its the weekend that will do for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58wDqTeeDpU

Time attack with 306 Maxi in Monte Carlo and Polo WRC in Germany !! Not as good as dgeesi0 but can be maybe integresting :smile: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsrimPXoxYM

dgeesi0 said:

there is no point questioning things who is legit who isnt.you will just end up with a headache.im just starting to drive and ignore times now.hacks are still out they arnt stopped.kinda feared it may happen and some people are obviously still using them.

some peoples cars magically are faster still to the ground dont bounce almost robotic in nature.

unless you can prove it dont even bother with it.i just pass on times i know arent right to the devs and just pray they sort them out.

honestly hand on heart it wont ever be stopped .if it would of been stopped it would of been by now.9 months later still same cheats being used that have been for years. since dirt 3.

the real funny thing is if a stupid time set oh its cause hes a rally driver . no that's been debunked many timed already.kev arbring great run on sweet lamb 6:20 bmw i tried that yesterday for eg 5:57 after a couple of runs.im not even that quick with that car.the other famous rally guy video on bidno with fiesta i did two runs day after it beat it by 9 secs. im not the quickest in a fiesta either.so the rally driver stuff basically means nothing.

some people are using different grip settings , turbos, disabling time also in dirt 3 can you remember the guides ? so basically you on auto pilot. yes that. so basically people drive the perfect lines no mistakes.

thats the thing. when a person drives unaided or without software help you make mistakes even little ones on a perfect run. then watch some back some do.no mistakes no little back end twitches just perfect.

the other matter is for all we know who arent in the loop. testers could have different settings top players could be devs. you dont know. you will never know. so everything unless proven is just hearsay and not worth wasting your time on.

just drive and have fun ignore the times.some can do the times legit and will do. some tracks are easier than others.some cars are easier than others. people who are genuinely fast can set a top ten without breaking sweat first run of the day . top 3 is a different story and they will often just do speed runs many times till they get that time.

currently its almost pointless as many tracks every top 5 is a cheater some tracks on monte have upto 20 hack times at the top. no joke.
Is that actually a common excuse? That "he's a rally driver"? I doubt it. 

Mind you that the Abbring time was set with V1 physics, so yes it's slower. I would also think that you have done that stage many many more times than him.

As for cheaters, it will always be a losing battle on PC. I just enjoy the awesome driving experience :)

KevM said:
I wonder just how fast I could be if my computer had that 'bug'??
Are you really that thick or just acting? That bug SLOWS you down. It has a CHANCE of appearing at the first event. Once you complete the event, it should be gone for the entire session. Once you restart DR it may appear again on the first event. And so on and so forth.

Also, you're comparing an 80s RWD car with a 2007-2009 WRC 4WD spec car? That's over 20 years of advancement in suspension, downforce and so on. Of course that a 4WD car will be a lot easier to control, that's the only way they could improve the rally cars since Group A began. If you want to compare a 4WD vs RWD, you have to take the Metro vs 037. And then you have to keep in mind, it's going to be a lot more difficult to push with Lancia than it is with MG.

I probably won't be able to drift properly with an M3. You know why? I play on a gamepad, so I don't have as much precision as someone who uses a steering wheel. With endless hours of practice I would most likely be able to pull it off successfully with the M3 but it won't be more due to knowing how the car behaves at that part, rather than actually being able to control the car in that situation.

On top of that, all my tarmac setups are fully lowered and stiffened, which is why the sparks appear. The car is bottoming out on the jumps. Not a problem since it happens on 3-4 places on the entire Monte Carlo.

And lastly, but definitely not least, you have to understand that a World Record (aka the fastest time in the world) run means that going slower to not mess up is no longer an option. The only thing that counts is going as fast as possible, pushing it as hard as possible, which inevitably may look a bit "careless", which it actually is. You don't care if you crash, you care about going faster than you ever did before. Restart option is there always, which is also why Leaderboards are a very bad thing for online competition, but that's a completely different topic altogether. If you think I managed that run on my first try, you're greatly mistaken. Also, if you look at the 3:05 in my run, you'll notice that I wasn't able to counter-steer properly, which is why I scratched the wall and had a bad entry to the hairpin. I lost probably about 0,4s just there.

Seriously Kev, take a break. You really need it. Cool off your head and then come back. At this point you're just coming up with more and more ridiculous stuff that is painful to read.

PS. Surprised to see that someone actually uses that M3 skin I made.

@dgeesi0 Those are cheated times, not hacked. Hacking is cracking the game files generally, using a trainer to score impossible times is cheating. Mind the difference as modding is inevitably a part of hacking, but not necessarily cheating.
You make a great point there. That's why I'm not that fond of WR videos. The total knowledge of every inch of the stage coupled with zero consequence thinking makes many videos look wreckless and somewhat "arcadey". If I wanna show DR to someone I usually direct them to other videos.

Hamelahti - #25, 6:15:251, Fiesta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vi8rRrA5vM&feature=youtu.be

bogani said:
You make a great point there. That's why I'm not that fond of WR videos. The total knowledge of every inch of the stage coupled with zero consequence thinking makes many videos look wreckless and somewhat "arcadey". If I wanna show DR to someone I usually direct them to other videos.

Even pro drivers make mistakes in RL, with much greater stakes (lives).  Cars flip or even just hit a bad rock and throws off their rhythm, seeing videos that are 'perfect' and maybe a WR are boring to watch.  

If that makes sense.

some times its fun to upload the mistakes.was gunna do that yesterday . on a run i basically needed 3 secs for world record.i was 3 and half secs up last section to go. lack of concentration hit a brick barrel rolled thought dggggg you must land this its a perfect run :o landed it and i heard the dreaded hissss and my tyre was gone !

ended up 3rd but i guess it was entertaining :D

in events i never practice them. just do a run if its fast run.if i crash its over. thats one of the reasons i dont do dailys often or events.many are just hotlapped runs.would be great if a way to just do a run one chance without practicing. you would see much more interesting results then.

dgeesi0 said:
would be great if a way to just do a run one chance without practicing. you would see much more interesting results then.
Someone obviously has no idea about the existence of Leagues :p 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4cIGpBtsEo

Stream highlight of me improving my "WR" on Kontinjärvi with the VW Polo.

Thanks for posting gheeD, i enjoyed watching that!! :D

nice run gheed avoided the puncture gods :D

probably 1-2 secs to come off that but really nice run.