Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Off Your Replays

Recommended Posts

Got a #5 in the world with the Seat Ibiza on Paskuri while practicing with the default setup for the monthly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-13noKD2Uw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First try with obs studio local recording using nvidia encoder... I have to say it was really efficient to record compared to my previous experiences running it with x264 encoder. Also now with full telemetry  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURkIIORILM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No telemetry here, but lots of effort put into this stage - setting a 5:28 with the Metro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FFRnjKqDSY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gheeD said:
First try with obs studio local recording using nvidia encoder... I have to say it was really efficient to record compared to my previous experiences running it with x264 encoder. Also now with full telemetry  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURkIIORILM
Nice to see a proper confident red Suspension compression on display at last, eh gheeD?   

I may as well post one up for comparison...  My red compression is more of a lightweight 'flicker' though...

https://youtu.be/GkMKadR2hog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
gheeD said:
First try with obs studio local recording using nvidia encoder... I have to say it was really efficient to record compared to my previous experiences running it with x264 encoder. Also now with full telemetry  ;)

Nice to see a proper confident red Suspension compression on display at last, eh gheeD?   

I may as well post one up for comparison...  My red compression is more of a lightweight 'flicker' though...

There is about 10-20kmh difference in your speeds on some of those high compression jumps etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kakkela said:
There is about 10-20kmh difference in your speeds on some of those high compression jumps etc.

 
Mate, you've posted like 2 mins after me.  At least seem as if you've watched them both before jumping in with a pre-scripted defence! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My average speed is 10 km/h higher than yours and top speed 5 km/h higher.

You are simply driving way too slow. Braking where you dont need to, not going flatout when you can.



Why am I not surprised even this did not help you understand that I'm simply faster than you, and not cheating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its not a debate.  

Its a comparison for the viewing public.  I think its pretty clear where the gains come from, so thanks for your transparency! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alright. Hopefully in the future i can post and talk on the forum in peace without you coming to pester me with some hinting about my legitimacy.

This conversation topic is closed then. Lets get back to watching replays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The G data ...that circle in the left side of the telemetry thing. That was interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gheeD said:
Alright. Hopefully in the future i can post and talk on the forum in peace without you coming to pester me with some hinting about my legitimacy.

This conversation topic is closed then. Lets get back to watching replays!
Ack mate, I cant stop watching yours!  From 2.45 to the stage end is total quality!  Where's the flow?   It looks simplified,  robotic, & automated!  The steering looks so direct, it reminds me of playing my Tomy Racer that Santa brought me when I was 3 - lol



My run may be slower, but on YouTube doubler, it looks like I am driving at 200mph in comparison!!  


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDeap said:
The G data ...that circle in the left side of the telemetry thing. That was interesting.
High 5 Mr Deap!
 
gheeD's got busted from all the speeeeeeeeeeed!  lol

Porky says he'll do one too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe it's a bug within the game that we are not aware, but there definitely a difference in the engine physic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDeap said:
Maybe it's a bug within the game that we are not aware, but there definitely a difference in the engine physic.
Definitely bug, I just tested telemetry and it was barely moving.
What do you mean by difference in the engine physics?

I just tested that stage + car combo and did tad under 4 sec slower time than gheeD which is expected as I haven't driven DiRT that much lately. It was rank 6. when counting everybody on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
gheeD said:
Alright. Hopefully in the future i can post and talk on the forum in peace without you coming to pester me with some hinting about my legitimacy.

This conversation topic is closed then. Lets get back to watching replays!
Ack mate, I cant stop watching yours!  From 2.45 to the stage end is total quality!  Where's the flow?   It looks simplified,  robotic, & automated!  The steering looks so direct, it reminds me of playing my Tomy Racer that Santa brought me when I was 3 - lol



My run may be slower, but on YouTube doubler, it looks like I am driving at 200mph in comparison!!  


Your Field of View is off and causing different sense of speed to gheeD's FoV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kakkela said:
MrDeap said:
Maybe it's a bug within the game that we are not aware, but there definitely a difference in the engine physic.
Definitely bug, I just tested telemetry and it was barely moving.
What do you mean by difference in the engine physics?

I just tested that stage + car combo and did tad under 4 sec slower time than gheeD which is expected as I haven't driven DiRT that much lately. It was rank 6. when counting everybody on the list.
That telemetry overlay what the game is reading, thus show the physic is in fact different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDeap said:
Kakkela said:
MrDeap said:
Maybe it's a bug within the game that we are not aware, but there definitely a difference in the engine physic.
Definitely bug, I just tested telemetry and it was barely moving.
What do you mean by difference in the engine physics?

I just tested that stage + car combo and did tad under 4 sec slower time than gheeD which is expected as I haven't driven DiRT that much lately. It was rank 6. when counting everybody on the list.
That telemetry overlay what the game is reading, thus show the physic is in fact different.
We have seen car setup affecting spring display and isn't telemetry in place mainly for motion simulators so it shouldn't even react to normal small suspension movement but just bottoming which will happen more often when going at the limit and using different setups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Its not a debate.  

Its a comparison for the viewing public.  I think its pretty clear where the gains come from, so thanks for your transparency! 
Until you can provide proof that these guys are cheating, then it is in fact, a debate. A debate which you are spreading across the forum, in different threads. I am telling you now, provide proof or stop accusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kakkela said:
MrDeap said:
Maybe it's a bug within the game that we are not aware, but there definitely a difference in the engine physic.
Definitely bug, I just tested telemetry and it was barely moving.
What do you mean by difference in the engine physics?

I just tested that stage + car combo and did tad under 4 sec slower time than gheeD which is expected as I haven't driven DiRT that much lately. It was rank 6. when counting everybody on the list.
G in the G meter mean gravity.

I'm sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Its not a debate.  

Its a comparison for the viewing public.  I think its pretty clear where the gains come from, so thanks for your transparency! 
Until you can provide proof that these guys are cheating, then it is in fact, a debate. A debate which you are spreading across the forum, in different threads. I am telling you now, provide proof or stop accusing.
Look at the G reading on the Accelerometer Skiddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Without knowing how the g-force / suspension travel output is calculated, the whole telemetry debate is a bit moot, isn't it?
Do we know if the output we see are raw data direct from the car or have they for instance been run through the player's force feedback profile? For the latter the result will be vastly different from player to player. (I recently switched to Contextual's T300-profile on Steam and as the steering wheel has stopped it's attempts to break free of the tabletop I can now post top 20 times in Finland. I'm not sure it's a more realistic setup, but it's sure made me signifcantly faster than previously.)

As far as I know CM have never given any information on how to interpret the feed. What we have is the best guess from the maker of the telemetry tool, but we don't know if the data can be compared between players or if it's only usable for a single player's setup.

That's my $0.02, anyway.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At which meeting was it decided, that a third party telemetry tool would be a legit weapon for witch hunting? And why? A wasn't present at that meeting so excuse my ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
KevM said:
Its not a debate.  

Its a comparison for the viewing public.  I think its pretty clear where the gains come from, so thanks for your transparency! 
Until you can provide proof that these guys are cheating, then it is in fact, a debate. A debate which you are spreading across the forum, in different threads. I am telling you now, provide proof or stop accusing.
Look at the G reading Skiddy
It's wonky for everyone. It acted weird for the entirety of Quirkitized's live stream last night as well. Stop looking for excuses as to why you're so bad at the game, improve or GTFO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Porkhammer said:
It's wonky for everyone. It acted weird for the entirety of Quirkitized's live stream last night as well. Stop looking for excuses as to why you're so bad at the game, improve or GTFO.
Yeah, Its bugged/broke for everyone.  Everyone except me?  Mine is fine, but you can see that!

Here's how simple an Accelerometer is:-

Gravity pulls ball to rest in centre of the cone.

G-Force over-comes Gravity & pulls ball up the gradient in direction of force

If the ball is too heavy, ball cant roll up the gradient.  

Same ball?  Same gradient?  No movement?  MORE GRAVITY....  


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×