Jump to content Jump to content

Show Off Your Replays

Evilsmurf

KEYBOARD DOUBLE DAILY TIME
https://youtu.be/WvGYYimziuI

I accidentally left 24 FPS in... Oooooooops. Ah well,
EDIT: Know what? Completely effed this up lol, forgot DiRT likes CPU encoders more than GPU.
A nice run through Hamra with the Countryman; 5:18.437 - only 9.6 seconds slower than Elias' time in the Polo - which is a lot I suppose, but second quickest legit time overall is not too shabby at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U2NvWbcrAY

My first time in the top 50 - which thankfully coincided with my first time recording!
not an alien level run and I should be able to improve on a bunch of sections, but i'm happy enough!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhD5-F-l9Y

Nice, you kind of inspired me to do the same thing now :)

Some hairy moments in there too, but you raced Dyffryn Afon, not Ferm Weynt.
whoops! thanks for that. I blame the welsh.
yup definitely got lucky over the stay right jump - and committed too early for a couple of right handers. Should be able to improve on that time reasonably quickly. I'd love to be able to crack the top 10...
Alright, @edgenz, tell me what you did! :)

Let's ignore for the moment, the fact i can't match on own PB on that stage with that car, with a default setup.

What kind of setup changes had you made?  i noticed a lot of braking, but honestly, i don't know why i barely brake anymore, i guess i'm just getting very loose with the game and think i'm trying when i'm not.  I noticed i couldn't race in Sweden because i felt like i didn't want/need to brake, when in fact doing so, seems to make me more stable and faster.

Ugh, anyway, i just have to *try* again, i came back to watch your video again, and honestly, i can't see where you find about 10 seconds (i think that's your lead on me)
you can do it with default if you can drive it well.

other than that like my video above just use tighter differentials then try short gearing or long gearing.set time to match pb time and just practice.

my video above was done with  default set up.
Alright, @edgenz, tell me what you did! :)

Let's ignore for the moment, the fact i can't match on own PB on that stage with that car, with a default setup.

What kind of setup changes had you made?  i noticed a lot of braking, but honestly, i don't know why i barely brake anymore, i guess i'm just getting very loose with the game and think i'm trying when i'm not.  I noticed i couldn't race in Sweden because i felt like i didn't want/need to brake, when in fact doing so, seems to make me more stable and faster.

Ugh, anyway, i just have to *try* again, i came back to watch your video again, and honestly, i can't see where you find about 10 seconds (i think that's your lead on me)
haha I''ll post a pic of my setup tonight - the biggest thing for me is a super short gear ratio. 
i've got a video of the replay of that run in the external cam on youtube - i've started using the handbrake more to get the car sideways into corners - dunno if that's a good habit to get myself into but it seems to be working ok

I noticed i couldn't race in Sweden because i felt like i didn't want/need to brake, when in fact doing so, seems to make me more stable and faster.
I go through phases in Sweden - I can either win stages by up to 10 seconds, or I can be 15 seconds off the pace.
I find when i'm not doing well, i'm forgetting to get the car sideways - for me personally using the handbrake on sweden is the key to enjoying it and getting good times - you can make up a tonne of time on the 2 and 3 corners by using the handbrake to get sideways and power through them. 
I usually lose my time on the straights when i'm slowing down trying not to hit a snowbank - drives me crazy.
Yeah, i hear you about Sweden!

The sideways thing works for some cars more than others, but as it can put things off the side of the screen more in bonnet view Vs headcam, you tend not to do it as much.

I know 5th and 6th and stupid tall, so lowered them.  I came up with the post after i'd given up for the night, i am not kidding when i say that i watched your vid and thought, man, i can do that!  How embarrassing, most of my attempts were complete failures as i couldn't even make it to the end of the stage! :(
I know 5th and 6th and stupid tall, so lowered them.  I came up with the post after i'd given up for the night, i am not kidding when i say that i watched your vid and thought, man, i can do that!  How embarrassing, most of my attempts were complete failures as i couldn't even make it to the end of the stage! :(
I have spent a fair bit of time in the WRX! here's the setup @F2CMaDMaXX
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687267899&searchtext=

Not sure i'm going to have much DR time in the next couple of weeks (non whatsoever next week) but i have to get back to this and beat your time, @edgenz :D 
I'll just leave this here as motivation to re-prioritise your time... :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJih30SI_U
been giving the r4 cars some loving myself.i enjoy driving them.been driving the evo for a change on fferm wynt. the extra 10 bhp on that course really does count. managed a 5th in world with second run with the evo with default set up. 2 of top 5 are cheaters. Subaru even tweaked wont catch the evos time on that track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBocF4BtWhI

might give it a bigger push later couple secs to come off that with perfect run.

Man, i wish i had time to play with you guys on this, learn something, default setups on this stuff are good for me and as long as the runs are a case of knowing exactly which direction to launch the car so it skips the track in a mathematical line, we're good :)

Archived