Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Patch Notes for 1.21 - Deep Dive & General Discussion

Deep Dive – Patch 1.21

Hi everyone,

We're back with another patch notes for 1.21, covering some of the Community reported issues after the fallout from 1.20. As this is a smaller patch than 1.20, consider this a 'mild snorkel' than a deep dive, but, after such good feedback on 1.20, we've highlighted some of our major changes and covered them in a bit more detail below.

GAMEPLAY- Repair Wing Damage Settings

Previously, under very light damage, a wing change would not happen even if the player instructed the change to happen. The reason for this being that the car performance after losing such a small amount of wing was minimal, and therefore would decide that changing the wing was not worth the time lost in the pitstop.

This has now been updated so that the user can update the MFD to change the ‘Repair Wing Damage’ setting, and the game will follow the player instruction regardless of level of physical damage incurred.

1.png

Community Forum Post: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/45382-ps4-120-wing-damaged-not-fixed-in-pitstop-2-times-with-videos/?tab=comments#comment-489702

LEAGUES - Addressed an issue where users would get stuck at qualifying 1 if full qualifying and saving between sessions are enabled

From user feedback, we noticed that players could not advance through the qualifying sessions if full qualifying and saving between sessions are enabled. This has now been amended and the player can play through the league experience. You will not need to start a new league for the improvements to take effect.

Community Forum Post: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/45305-various-session-save-progress-stuck-on-q1/

SPECTATOR- Addressed an issue where users could see drivers on incorrect tyres after a pit stop

In some cases, spectators will see at least one car on the wrong compound after everyone has completed their pitstop.

2.png

3.png

Above: Camera showing Soft tyres when Mediums were fitted in-game

This has now been updated to show the correct tyres fitted to the car in spectator modes.

Community Forum Post: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/45118-f1-2019-xbox-one-displaying-wrong-tyres-on-other-cars/

MULTIPLAYER - The spectated car will no longer appear ghosted in one-shot qualifying

In some instances, spectating a one-shot qualifying session in Multiplayer would cause cars spectated to be a ghost. The cars were ghosting onboard as well as on external cameras. This has now been amended so you can spectate a player without the car ghosting.

Reported on forum post: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/44938-f1-2019-cars-ghosting-in-quali-spectating-unranked  

TIME TRAIL- F2 car leaderboards will now show which era car has been used (2018 or 2019)

To help players differentiate between era of F2 cars, we have now added an icon into the menus.

4.png

Your current times, regardless of year of car, will still be valid.

Thanks for the feedback and the reports all

Barry

• Like 1

@BarryBL hello

My PC has also been updated to Patch 1.21.

About Repair Wing Damage Settings
I have confirmed that the wing will be repaired in the race.

However, it was not repaired in FP.
Career mode and GrandPrix mode were the same.
My post on this issue also mentioned this mode.
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/45382-ps4-120-wing-damaged-not-fixed-in-pitstop-2-times-with-videos/

During FP, there is no Repair Wing item in MFD.
I guess. During FP, the Repair Wing item is limited to “AUTO”.
Isn't Repair Wing possible during FP?

• Haha 1

Since v1.20 (Ps4) update a few of the Driver steering/wheel animation effects has stopped. Example Bottas when changing Fuel mix he hits far right dial. When adjusting differential he hits the center dial this has seemed to have stopped. This is also the case with v1.21.

V1.20 Full course caution frequency has made the game awesome i hope it still works. 

Edited by OttoMattic210
Update version wrong

Hi @kisuke_fly,

This does seem to be the case on initial test in practice, does the races and qualifying work okay?

41 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @kisuke_fly,

This does seem to be the case on initial test in practice, does the races and qualifying work okay?

@BarryBL 

Thank you for your reply

Yes, it is OK. WING was repaired in race and qualifying.

In FP, it was not repaired.

3 minutes ago, kisuke_fly said:

@BarryBL 

Thank you for your reply

Yes, it is OK. WING was repaired in race and qualifying.

In FP, it was not repaired.

Okay, no worries. I'll try another test shortly, but it may be that the Developers have updated the system for critical events as a priority as that would be the critical areas of the game. 

15 minutes ago, AlexB88 said:

@BarryBL

Thanks for another patch guys,is this 1.21 the last patch for f1 2019 or will there be more?

Thanks

Hi Alex,

At this moment in time, we have 1 more patch in the development plans. As you can imagine, sometimes these are subject to change, but we are continuing to support the game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

Nice indeed! I didn't think we would see another patch this soon, and into February no less! Thanks for keeping it relevant Codemasters! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Multiplayer AI seems very aggressive sometimes and crashes into players quite often. It seems that it is often very slow to react to the players car movement. 
I experienced this behavior especially since like 2 months ago (I think it got even worse) , so I would like to ask if something was changed or can we expect any improvements on this subject in the future? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LSKone said:

Multiplayer AI seems very aggressive sometimes and crashes into players quite often. It seems that it is often very slow to react to the players car movement. 
I experienced this behavior especially since like 2 months ago (I think it got even worse) , so I would like to ask if something was changed or can we expect any improvements on this subject in the future? 

In my opinion the ai either acts like 19 psychopaths or or 19 cowards. How do you program a computer to care about their car? I noticed also that it will destroy you if you get in its way to the racing line.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi Alex,

At this moment in time, we have 1 more patch in the development plans. As you can imagine, sometimes these are subject to change, but we are continuing to support the game

Thanks for the reply @BarryBL will this new last patch be in February or March? thanks

3 hours ago, AlexB88 said:

Thanks for the reply @BarryBL will this new last patch be in February or March? thanks

As you can imagine, there's a lot of variables that can affect patch release dates and we want to make sure the updates are important ones to our fanbase. We are hoping for some point around the time period you mentioned, but I wouldn't want to confirm any exact schedules at this point time

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

As you can imagine, there's a lot of variables that can affect patch release dates and we want to make sure the updates are important ones to our fanbase. We are hoping for some point around the time period you mentioned, but I wouldn't want to confirm any exact schedules at this point time

I see thanks,Barry and will you make the localisation folder available with the last patch please?

20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Previously, under very light damage, a wing change would not happen even if the player instructed the change to happen. The reason for this being that the car performance after losing such a small amount of wing was minimal, and therefore would decide that changing the wing was not worth the time lost in the pitstop.

Is this a joke? If it happens when there are still 60 laps to go and you're losing 0.3 seconds per lap - which is the case with the highest damage that you can get that didn't get repaired - you will lose 18 seconds over that time, which in F1 can be many places.

But I guess it is assumed that everybody just plays the kiddie arcade mode 25/50% races, where it's not such a big impact.

2 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

Is this a joke? If it happens when there are still 60 laps to go and you're losing 0.3 seconds per lap - which is the case with the highest damage that you can get that didn't get repaired - you will lose 18 seconds over that time, which in F1 can be many places. 

But I guess it is assumed that everybody just plays the kiddie arcade mode 25/50% races, where it's not such a big impact.

Hi @Ho3n3r.

Does this still happen with the new patch, where we have updated this?

Can you provide video if so? Remember, this is for the light green/light yellow damage, so the first level of damage.

Hi BarryBL upcoming final patch gonna big or small update thanks for the amazing f1 2019 game

Just had a 100% league race around brazil and I was lapped due to a crash early on during the race. I had fresh soft tyres when the SC came out on lap 18 and was expecting to be let through to unlap myself in order to not disturb the leading cars in their own race. However, even though the SC was out for 3 laps almost the whole field was bunched up until the end of it, it did not let me unlap myself. This hit the final nail in the coffin of my race and I was forced to retire after the restart, 46s off the rest of the grid and with only a fresh Hard tyre remaining.

My question is:

Does F1 2019 have the feature to let the lapped cars unlap themselves as in the rules & regulations of the real Formula 1 race events or was I just unlucky? I honestly don't remember ever being in such a situation or that the game actually let someone through to unlap themselves.

It doesnt allow you to unlap yourself, for some strange reason.

We have seen it now that the SC is over eager plenty of times.

Used to ignore it in the old days, as the SC only came out 2 times a season anyway.

15 hours ago, MrGhostO1O said:

Just had a 100% league race around brazil and I was lapped due to a crash early on during the race. I had fresh soft tyres when the SC came out on lap 18 and was expecting to be let through to unlap myself in order to not disturb the leading cars in their own race. However, even though the SC was out for 3 laps almost the whole field was bunched up until the end of it, it did not let me unlap myself. This hit the final nail in the coffin of my race and I was forced to retire after the restart, 46s off the rest of the grid and with only a fresh Hard tyre remaining.

My question is:

Does F1 2019 have the feature to let the lapped cars unlap themselves as in the rules & regulations of the real Formula 1 race events or was I just unlucky? I honestly don't remember ever being in such a situation or that the game actually let someone through to unlap themselves.

Anecdotally, I have seen this in the game before. Not sure if it was F1 2019, even though the safety car has either not worked or been turned off for being game-breakingly bugged.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Anecdotally, I have seen this in the game before. Not sure if it was F1 2019, even though the safety car has either not worked or been turned off for being game-breakingly bugged.

Are you sure you just don't remember the Safety Car letting you past due it waiting for the race leader?

I kinda also remember something like unlapping myself... but I'm not sure, so I think I've just mistaken it with that.

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Are you sure you just don't remember the Safety Car letting you past due it waiting for the race leader?

I kinda also remember something like unlapping myself... but I'm not sure, so I think I've just mistaken it with that.

Possibly. As you say it does allow you to overtake when it's picking up the leader. But certainly I have had the green light to pass the SC when lapped. It changes from 'Stay behind safety car' to 'Catch safety car queue' but it might not have been F1 2019 and I was almost certainly the lead car behind the SC even though I was lapped.

Not quite picking up the leader as I was queued and needing to stop but it's happened maybe once. Certainly can't be specific and like I said the SC is often disabled in my MP sessions due to league lobby settings.

Is this the last patch for this game? I take it that Codemasters are now focused on this year's big title with two new tracks and DAS on the W11? I think that's enough updates for F1 2019 - let's move on now! 

20 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Is this the last patch for this game? I take it that Codemasters are now focused on this year's big title with two new tracks and DAS on the W11? I think that's enough updates for F1 2019 - let's move on now! 

No, there is one more patch to come.

• Thanks 1

Were can i put my request to add F2 cars in private Leagues, for the last Patch for F1 2019? Anyone else would want this?

And still Co-op as F1 2018 game..😁