Sign in to follow this  

Fastest lap Tyre used in Q2

Just something I noticed is missing, I don't know if it's still possible to add it back in at this stage of development - in the previous F1 games, on the tyre selection screen, it showed which tyre I had used for my fastest lap in Q2 i.e. the one I would be starting the race on. This enable me to avoid using it again accidently in Q3 (or using it a second time in Q2).

In F1 2019, this seems to have been removed, so once you change to a different tyre, you have to remember which tyre you used for the fast lap, to avoid using it again before the race.

It's only a minor point, but it was clearly marked in F1 2017 as the race tyre, which was very useful.

Good point! Does the game prevent you from using the race start tire in q3? I'm sure it does force you to use it in the race or else we would be getting a lot of accidental penalties and disqualifications. 

The game forces you to use it correctly for the race (at least it seems to - I'm in my very first race in F1 2019 so I can only say it worked this time so far!), but it does not prevent it being used again in Q2 or Q3, so it would be possible to make the mistake.

Of course it should be allowed to use it anyway as IRL, even if it would be rare to do so, but whichever is the current fastest Q2 tyre - (race tyre) - should be indicated somehow, as it was in F1 2017, so that we can avoid using it again unless we specifically choose to. 

It seems such a strange & simple (& important) thing to have removed.