Sign in to follow this  

Fastest lap Tyre used in Q2

Just something I noticed is missing, I don't know if it's still possible to add it back in at this stage of development - in the previous F1 games, on the tyre selection screen, it showed which tyre I had used for my fastest lap in Q2 i.e. the one I would be starting the race on. This enable me to avoid using it again accidently in Q3 (or using it a second time in Q2).

In F1 2019, this seems to have been removed, so once you change to a different tyre, you have to remember which tyre you used for the fast lap, to avoid using it again before the race.

It's only a minor point, but it was clearly marked in F1 2017 as the race tyre, which was very useful.

• Agree 1

Good point! Does the game prevent you from using the race start tire in q3? I'm sure it does force you to use it in the race or else we would be getting a lot of accidental penalties and disqualifications. 

The game forces you to use it correctly for the race (at least it seems to - I'm in my very first race in F1 2019 so I can only say it worked this time so far!), but it does not prevent it being used again in Q2 or Q3, so it would be possible to make the mistake.

Of course it should be allowed to use it anyway as IRL, even if it would be rare to do so, but whichever is the current fastest Q2 tyre - (race tyre) - should be indicated somehow, as it was in F1 2017, so that we can avoid using it again unless we specifically choose to. 

It seems such a strange & simple (& important) thing to have removed.

I’m in season 2 of my career and although in season 1 tyres did match 2019 rules it seems as though in season 2 the tyre rules match what we are going to have in 2020 (you aren’t locked to your Q2 tyres).  Is this a glitch on my game or is it correctly programmed rule from Codemasters? Does anyone know?  I’m unable to fully test as I can’t get out of Q1 McLaren which hasn’t got enough upgrades on it to be competitive.  As I improve my car I will be able to test this myself but for now it certainly seems like the AI put whatever tyre they want on for the race.

Right so my car is now competitive enough to reach Q3 and I had to use the tyres I used in Q2 and so did the AI again.  However there must be a glitch because if I don’t reach Q2 the drivers who qualify in the top 10 start the race on whatever tyre they want.  EG I’m in Germany at the moment.  Q1 I crashed out and didn’t set a time good enough to get out of of Q1 (16th).  So I go to start the race and I can see that a M/H strategy is the best.  I tried seeing if I could do a S/M or S/H but only the S/H was possible but slower. So I start the race with the default strategy selected and after a few laps I’m in the top 10 and everyone of those drivers are also on Medium tyres.  There is no way that all of them used M in Q2 as the field is so close together.  So this needs to be looked at in more detail.

Hi @Acerees,

Can you provide a video or a way to reproduce the issue so I can attempt to replicate. My home career mode is mid-way through Season 3 so I have access to test this from home at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Acerees,

Can you provide a video or a way to reproduce the issue so I can attempt to replicate. My home career mode is mid-way through Season 3 so I have access to test this from home at the moment.

Hey I have only just seen this.  I will get on it in the next couple of days.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:02 PM, Acerees said:

I’m in season 2 of my career and although in season 1 tyres did match 2019 rules it seems as though in season 2 the tyre rules match what we are going to have in 2020 (you aren’t locked to your Q2 tyres).  Is this a glitch on my game or is it correctly programmed rule from Codemasters? Does anyone know?  I’m unable to fully test as I can’t get out of Q1 McLaren which hasn’t got enough upgrades on it to be competitive.  As I improve my car I will be able to test this myself but for now it certainly seems like the AI put whatever tyre they want on for the race.

its a glitch the AI do it in season 1 .

No offense @BarryBL but do you have selective sight? This issue has been raised multiple times since release. To think of a few here.

and if you want video evidence of this happening here, at 6.45 he is knocked out of Q1, at 8:41 you can see the midfield cars that got into the top 10 and then you can see no one gets a grid penalty and then at 14:05 you can see both Renaults and a Williams that started top 10 are on mediums and they have not pit.

• Thanks 1

so @BarryBL it doesn’t work around Spa.  The reason being is that the fastest race strategy is S/M so The AI use that strategy.  I will do my spa career race and see if glitch reappears on the next track.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @Acerees,

Hi @BarryBL please find youtube links to the issue

https://youtu.be/HeUc7M3fTEY

In this first video I do not set a time in Q1 so do not get through to Q2 (the glitch is present even if you do set a time as long as you do not get out of Q1).  I then go to race and abuse the formation lap to show you the tyres the top 10 are on (Mediums mainly).

https://youtu.be/zCv7-BGrxDc

In this second video I show you the tyres everyone qualified on when I did set a time in Q1 which was good enough for me to get into Q2 and then run Q2 as normal.

I forgot to back up my save so had to make a third part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3RoKlOL1LY

I then show you that once everyone has qualified properly I abuse the formation lap to show you everyone is on S tyres as expected.

Let me know if you want any other info to help you.  You should be able to replicate this in any season but the AI only abuse the glitch when it s faster to start the race on Mediums E.G. race M/H not S/M or S/S/M.

Edited by Acerees
  • Thanks 1