GRID Season 2 launching today - plus incredible gameplay video

Hey all,

Season 2 for GRID is rolling out globally right now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC 🙂

Xbox is already live globally; PS4 is currently live in Europe and will be global by the end of today; on Steam the Ultimate Edition upgrade is live with Season 2 in the Ultimate Edition, and will be available as a separate purchase later today. 

To whet the appetite even more, then awesome Don Joewon Song has put together a stunning video covering everything you'll find in Season 2...

As always, once you've jumped into Season 2, let us know your thoughts! 

• Agree 3

Red Bull Ring is beautiful.. awesome track, the game needs more of this !! Also big thanks for upping the LOD, I asked for more than medium, and you delivered :classic_biggrin:

XaUzKVs.jpg

• Like 3

Red Bull Ring is really cool. What is more, there is new layout for this location. Thanks to this there is no feeling of driving exactly the same as in previous GRID games. But to be honest, I would suggest some track, which featured GRID series only once as I said some time before Season 2 launched if adding completely new track is too difficult for some reason. Anyway, job well done.

20200212134323_1.thumb.jpg.83fdc1c22d6ec7ab693355ca8b859a5b.jpg*

*No, you don't have to give my money back. Besides, the track was for free.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:43 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

Red Bull Ring is beautiful.. awesome track, the game needs more of this !! Also big thanks for upping the LOD, I asked for more than medium, and you delivered :classic_biggrin:

XaUzKVs.jpg

Unfortunately, shadows still fade in a few meters from the vehicle. You can see this even in the video above.

59 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

Unfortunately, shadows still fade in a few meters from the vehicle. You can see this even in the video above.

Increasing the LOD distance for high quality shadows would have a drastic impact on performance. It's probably done so that your car has a nice shadow.
Considering I'm already pushing my 2080ti to it's limits to get 60 frames in 4K on Ultra settings, I don't really see the need.

1 hour ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Increasing the LOD distance for high quality shadows would have a drastic impact on performance. It's probably done so that your car has a nice shadow.
Considering I'm already pushing my 2080ti to it's limits to get 60 frames in 4K on Ultra settings, I don't really see the need.

So don't push shadows to higher settings? 🙄 Or are you one of these that gets offended if there are visual settings you can't put on max and still get 4K60? 🙃

It's unacceptable in 2020 to not have an option to remove these terrible LOD shadows. Especially considering both F1 and Dirt Rally 2.0's shadows are far further than this. This is A GAME ON PC (I almost typed "PC GAME", but we all know that is not true 😂), it should have modular settings to fit the needs of everyone, not look like a terrible Xbox One game from 2013. Even Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4 have far higher LOD scaling.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

Don Joewon Song is a great person. He even enjoys driving like nobodies business in the Forza series.

ok but maybe he should read this before getting so serious involved in the promotion 😉

Edited by minetti

On 2/12/2020 at 10:44 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Red Bull Ring is really cool. What is more, there is new layout for this location. Thanks to this there is no feeling of driving exactly the same as in previous GRID games. But to be honest, I would suggest some track, which featured GRID series only once as I said some time before Season 2 launched if adding completely new track is too difficult for some reason. Anyway, job well done.

20200212134323_1.thumb.jpg.83fdc1c22d6ec7ab693355ca8b859a5b.jpg*

*No, you don't have to give my money back. Besides, the track was for free.

The trees are baaaaaack !!

• Haha 2

Oh the tree's...............important eh ?

i so lol HARD...............or shadow.................men.....

really some times wonder if people like to race or just trapped in hamster mind wheel................. 

Edited by OugaBooga
GonZo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 3

Dude, when new game in the series has minor visual differences from previous game released 6(!) years ago... And even worse sometimes - this is pure BS. I don't even mention downgraded damage and lack of racing modes. If cockpit isn't vital for you - Autosport is still way better choice than GRID2019. It tells everything.

• Agree 3

more dots.....................................pls.....................................BWAH 🍌

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

So don't push shadows to higher settings? 🙄 Or are you one of these that gets offended if there are visual settings you can't put on max and still get 4K60? 🙃

It's unacceptable in 2020 to not have an option to remove these terrible LOD shadows. Especially considering both F1 and Dirt Rally 2.0's shadows are far further than this. This is A GAME ON PC (I almost typed "PC GAME", but we all know that is not true 😂), it should have modular settings to fit the needs of everyone, not look like a terrible Xbox One game from 2013. Even Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 4 have far higher LOD scaling.

Its not unacceptable, it's nitpicking at it's finest. Are you one of those that gets offended when they don't get what they want ? 🙃

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Like 1

i know there are people that understand where i am coming from, to the rest i have a lot of .........

............ . . .. .............. . .. . ..... . .. . ....... . . . ...  .     .   . ..     

.   ....   . .    .      ..... . ...      . .. . .  

.. .. . .. .. . . .. ........   ... . . . . ..... . . ...  ..  ..  ..  ....

to make ........ . . . .. ... .... .....

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Disagree 3

On 2/14/2020 at 1:56 AM, OugaBooga said:

Oh the tree's...............important eh ?

i so lol HARD...............or shadow.................men.....

really some times wonder if people like to race or just trapped in hamster mind wheel................. 

When I see the trees I see broccoli and it makes me feel hungry so I have to quit to eat.

So yes, because of these >>>> 🥦 🥦 <<<< my racing experience is ruined 😋

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

When I see the trees I see broccoli and it makes me feel hungry so I have to quit to eat.

So yes, because of these >>>> 🥦 🥦 <<<< my racing experience is ruined 😋

i love broccoli but Only on my plate with LOTS of butter & some Cheezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by OugaBooga
hungry