Sign in to follow this  

Purchasing Cars

Hello everyone, I’m fairly new to playing Dirt Rally 2.0, roughly 6 weeks. Totally loving the game and everything it has to offer. 
In regards to purchasing cars I understand the stock updates every 8 hours with a new cycle of cars but that stock/cycle is repeated daily. So for instance if I was wanting to buy the Lancia Delta S4 which shows up on one of the daily cycles with 33k+ miles and 6 terminal crashes. I don’t particularly want to buy that car with that amount of damage in the past, so when would another one become available? 
Is this a random process or does the entire car stock get updated monthly or something? This is the same for other cars cars I’d like to buy also and not just the Lancia. 
Any help or advice is much appreciated, thanks. 

entire stock update each 8 hours, so just wait until next update, you may find a delta s4 with little to no damage

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Trick13 said:

So for instance if I was wanting to buy the Lancia Delta S4 which shows up on one of the daily cycles with 33k+ miles and 6 terminal crashes. I don’t particularly want to buy that car with that amount of damage in the past

Those are just random numbers which means absolutely nothing. "Used" car means you need to repair it, like you repair your car in every service, that's all. And that the stats are useless since they show meaningless random number instead of your stats.

The car shop has two different sets of cars and it switches back and forth between them every 8 hours. It's no more complicated than that.

• Agree 1

Been playing for ~the same time. Just to let you know that you if buy that S4, it'll temporarily be gone from the store, but after 16h it'll pop up again used with the exact same stats. In here it was 54,295.90Km, 279 Events, 26 podiums, 201 finished, 6 terminal crashes. Same with other all the other used cars I've bought.

• Agree 1

Thank you to everyone for the information, that certainly clears things up and makes more sense now. Cheers 👍🏻