F1 2019/2020 Suggestions

Maybe this is a long shot but I always say things surely won't change if you don't voice your opinion so here's my two cents :

I think (and hope) changes should be made for future updates of F1 2019 and the upcoming F1 2020.  First, during career mode in F1 2019 I have flashbacks turned OFF and yet I'm still seeing this :

266916066_f12019flashbacks.thumb.jpg.e32ee8f9d1a121a202aa0f2166549108.jpg

I'm sorry but this pop up shouldn't even appear with flashbacks turned OFF.  Now, I get there are some people who prefer keeping flashbacks option ON and starting over when they feel they made a silly mistake but for those who don't, the session should automatically end when you sustain terminal damage after a crash or have a race ending mechanical failure.

Which brings me to #2) Mechanical Failures - Now I think it would be a great idea for F1 2019 and F1 2020 to have the player suffer from random and spontaneous terminal mechanical failures regardless of the condition of the car's mechanical components.  Like, say I'm in a close race against one of my rivals in the middle of a grand prix, my car's components look a-ok, everything is good, then suddenly my engine blows up or I have a suspension failure ending my race, something like that.

I think those two aforementioned suggestions would add some drama and excitement to single grand prix weekends and the career mode cause you never know what you could expect in any given grand prix event.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these mechanical failures should happen every race but they should happen every now and then, it just makes things more fun in my opinion.  What do you guys think? @1512marcel @BarryBL

Edited by RickFlare96

Hi @RickFlare96

On that screen, with 'Flashbacks' set to 'OFF', its just a replay of that incident. Also, we have to give players an opportunity to 'Restart the session' as it could be pretty disappointing for players who have played a full career to not have the opportunity to try and re-do the last event for the championship for example. It would add realism, but, in my opinion, too much. It would act almost as a deterrent for less hardcore players to play on, and we have to cater for everyone. Therefor the option is there for everyone. 👍

• Agree 1

I understand what you're saying @BarryBL and I did mention that in my post.  It's perfectly fine for players to want to have the option to re-do an event after making a mistake but there are some who would just rather move on to the next grand prix weekend, like if I make a mistake and crash in the middle of the Bahrain GP, for me my race is done and the game should automatically take me to the next grand prix weekend in my career.  It adds realism, which is the point I'm making and it's great that the game should cater to casual racers but there should be elements of realism present for those who want a more realistic feel to the game. 😉

Edited by RickFlare96

15 hours ago, RickFlare96 said:

I understand what you're saying @BarryBL and I did mention that in my post.  It's perfectly fine for players to want to have the option to re-do an event after making a mistake but there are some who would just rather move on to the next grand prix weekend, like if I make a mistake and crash in the middle of the Bahrain GP, for me my race is done and the game should automatically take me to the next grand prix weekend in my career.  It adds realism, which is the point I'm making and it's great that the game should cater to casual racers but there should be elements of realism present for those who want a more realistic feel to the game. 😉

But flashbacks=/= possibility to restart session so i don’t understand why you want to remove restart session from options. it’s 2 separate things.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, TNTMati said:

But flashbacks=/= possibility to restart session so i don’t understand why you want to remove restart session from options. it’s 2 separate things.

But I'm not saying that it should be removed completely, I was just saying that there shouldn't be a pop up for the more hardcore F1 gamers who wish to have the Flashbacks option turned OFF prompting the player to go directly to the next round after they have crashed or suffered from a session ending mechanical failure, this promotes a little realism these hardcore race fans want in their F1 games.

Again, it's fine to leave Flashbacks as an option for the more casual F1 gamers who want to be given the opportunity to restart the session by turning the Flashbacks option ON but I'm also saying that there shouldn't be any pop ups when Flashbacks are turned OFF for those who want somewhat of a more realistic experience. 🙂

What if the Hardcore racer is interrupted by his /her Mom banging his door and saying "your dinner's getting cold, we're all waiting for you!" It's only fair to have a restart option here as this wouldn't be something that happens to a real life racer? 

👧😎

• Haha 1

I've spoken to the developers on this, and they agree that having all of the options available for the player to choose would be more accommodating for everyone's situation. Everyone, regardless of how much they play the game, should have the ability to pause or restart single player modes.

The option is there for people to not restart and you can always just not press pause and let your dinner get cold. That's what a microwave is for, right?

In all seriousness, thanks for the feedback @RickFlare96. We just need to accommodate for everyone, and pressing an extra button to retire gives the people the option rather than taking it away, which could majorly frustrate players 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I'm definitely for more options than less ones as even the best people make non game related mistakes, or a glitch can occur that ruins a race that wouldn't in real life. OP is right that it spoils immersion a little, but so does the actual race over screen in the first place. In real life you get to drink champagne too.. Or limp back to the pits tail between legs. 

😎

I'd like to suggest for the multiplayer car online lobbys that we could see an option to view each others car/suit and helmet designs in the menus before the race weekend starts. Only a small and to some irelavent idea but one that could be added in future titles maybe. @BarryBL

For example i always have flashbacks on because random unexpected bug can occur. So i think more is better too. 

@BarryBL

A major issue with IA in multi player session (full quali Q1 Q2 Q3) when IA take control of you car, they crashing into each other. 

After that if you pass from Q2 to Q3 you cannont drive your car, because of IA crashing the car.

Plus is it possible to add opther to eddit weather in league? My league use weather base on real life. All my mate know the weather to train.

@BarryBL

May I also suggest to have the AI drivers crash randomly on their own cause it seems like an individual driver never crashes and retires due to that crash in F1 2019.  Also, it would be nice for us players to have spontaneous mechanical failures despite the shape of the car's mechanical components forcing us to either pit or retire.