Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Manual starts problem with Logitech G29 on PS4

Hi everyone, I have a Logitech G29 and I play F1 2019 on the PS4. The problem I am having is with manual starts. When the lights come on I can rev the car and turn the wheel but I can’t pull away. The graphic which says “release the clutch” in the bottom right of the screen has a gearbox cog next to it. That is lit up even when I am not pulling the clutch paddle on the wheel. I am eventually disqualified from the race due to not moving anywhere. It also isn’t just a single player issue it is a multiplayer issue as well. Please Codemasters. It may seem like a small issue but getting a good start is crucial for having a good race. Please fix this issue. 

Have you got the clutch pedal mapped to the correct button? Can you find the clutch button?

Posted (edited)
Hello
This started to happen to me with my g29. And it is well mapped.
What happens is that when you are making the clutch point, you don't shift to first gear. Only when the lights go out to start does it go to first gear.
And it's happening in single player and multiplayer, in the classics too.

Edited by Jmmr7
PS4

In the classics, I believe some cars are configured to be able to use the actual clutch pedal.

It is worth exploring whether the clutch is registering correctly on a PC. Logitech potentiometers can get dirty.

Moved to General Discussion in the F1 games as it is the best place for this topic.