Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally Championship Round 3 - Wolverine Rally

Welcome to round three of the DiRT Rally Championship.

This week we are heading to Michigan and you have until Midnight on Tuesday 20th to submit your times - all stages must be ran from the Single Player > Time Trail menu and you can use any car within the set class.

The running order is as follows:

Stage 1:
Rally
Michigan
Mountain Drive
90's

Stage 2:
Rally
Michigan
Quincy Mine
90's

Stage 3:
Trailblazer
Michigan
Lake Superior
Modern

To submit your times simply post up the following info:

Name:
Team:
Stage 1 Time:
Stage 2 Time:
Stage 3 Time:

Then include evidence of your time for each stage, this can be in form of a photo or video.

To add a photo simply take a screenshot (F12 on Steam) of the final time screen (as seen below) via your PC or with your camera phone and upload it to somewhere on the internet (I would recommend imgur). Or you can tweet it to @dirtgame then just drop a link to the tweet with your results.

THE RULES
You can only post your results up once.
You can not use mods or hacks. 
You can not edit your post or update your times (doing so will result in disqualification). So only submit once you are happy with them. 
You must provide evidence in either video or photographic form. 
You must load up events from the Time Trial menu only.
You must submit your times by Midnight (UK time) on the 20th May.

Final Standings:

Had a lot of fun on those stages, Mountain Drive is by far my fav track, and 90's made it even better! Too bad my driving style is powersliding through every corner ;p had to behave myself this time! GL guys :)

Stage 1: 2:49.735
Stage 2: 2:33.456
Stage 3: 1:17.749

Really liked this one, sorry i missed the last one. Had a technical failure.

Stage 1: 3:01:733
Stage 2: 2:47:457
Stage 3: 1:24:758

Sorry photos are wrong way around

I enjoyed these ones, especially the Trailblazer.
I was trying to perfect it though, that is when rage ensued and I decided to stop haha!

Name: Craig M Evans
Team: Isle of Bass Racing
Stage 1 Time: 2:56.789
Stage 2 Time: 2:39.841
Stage 3 Time: 1:18.531

[edit] - [I wrote 3 for mins instead of 2]

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Name: Anfi
Team: Ragefire Raider
Stage 1 Time: 2:53.786

Stage 2 Time: 2:36.482

Stage 3 Time: 1:18.851

Well this sucks, my controller connector broke so I'm either going to have to go in with a broken steeringwheel or a keyboard...

*cough* this is a good excuse to buy yourself cheap but still in good value for money DFGT *cough*

Name: colaminola
Team: Team Saveloy

Stage 1: 2:54.866
Stage 2: 2:40.655
Stage 3: 1:18.951

Driver: Onion Sausages
Team: Team Saveloy

Stage 1: 3:06:113
Stage 2: 2:49:868
Stage 3: 1:24:571

Name:Evilsmurf

Team:ESR

Stage 1 Time:2:51.211

Stage 2 Time:2:37.114

Stage 3 Time:1:22.657

Name: Sabri Mustafa Yusein
Team: SMY Rally Team
Stage 1 Time: 3:07.688
Stage 2 Time: 2:45.850
Stage 3 Time: 1:22.396
[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/imtqc6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/jzz4nq.jpg[/IMG]

Name: easZ
Team: MhSV Racing Team
Stage 1 Time: 3:01.621
Stage 2 Time: 2:47.030
Stage 3 Time: 1:23.880

Week 3 Wolverine Rally 90's + Modern
-------------------------
Stage 1 Mountain Drive : 2:50:641
Stage 2 Quincy Mine    : 2:35:509
Stage 3 Lake Superior  : 1:18:470

Stage 1 Mountain Drive : 2:50:641

Stage 2 Quincy Mine    : 2:35:509

Stage 3 Lake Superior  : 1:18:470

Name: PWRPAJI
Team: PWRPAJI

Stage 1: 2.59.010
Stage 2: 2.42.133
Stage 3: 1.20.758

Damn you game of thrones! it clashes with our rally deadline :( Sky+ Helps yay

After each session of dirt my wrists are begging for mercy, not sure if anyone with wheel has the same problem(?) :D

Name: Vorrtz

Team: STP

Stage 1: 2:46.129

Stage 2: 2:31.208

Stage 3: 1:15.875

Vorrtz said:

After each session of dirt my wrists are begging for mercy, not sure if anyone with wheel has the same problem(?) :D

My rig is quite a beast to drive. The Fanatec wheel can put out a hell of a lot of force and I have 8 transducer (bass shakers) on my rig running through Simvibe. If you ever watch any of my videos then you will see how much my rig moves when I corner etc. The whole thing is mounted of rubber vibration isolators so you get a hell of a lot of movement. My GS-4 seat has finally arrived in the country so I will hopefully get that tomorrow.

If you haven't seen what the GS-4 seat is, it is a motion seat that simulates G-force while cornering, accelerating and braking etc http://simxperience.com/en-us/products/motionsimulatorkits/simxperiencegs-4g-seat.aspx

Also check out Simvibe. Even with 1 transducer it is awesome. It uses the telemetry from the game to reproduce the vibrations you would feel in a real car, I have 8 of them so say if I run over a ripple strip if my front left wheel then I will feel it from the front left of my rig. I have 4 transducers where the wheels would be, one on the pedals, a bigger one under the seat and one under each shifter. http://simxperience.com/Products/SimVibe/SimVibeSoftware.aspx

So yeah, it can be quite a workout and you do feel pretty knackered after a long race.

Had heaps of fun on this stage. Brought back heaps of memories of Carlos Sainz racing the Celica back in the day. I used to go to the Rally of New Zealand with my dad and I remember watching Carlos win the Rally NZ three times in a row in the earlier Celicas. I really liked the model before the one in Dirt 3, I used to have an old 1991 Celica Z-R. I used the hoon along some of the same roads they used in the Rally NZ, it was heaps of fun even though it was a FWD Auto.

Name: Avenga76

Team: RPM Racing
Stage 1: 2:58.230

Stage 2: 2:41.842

Stage 3: 1:21.186

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4Jxcr7BuM

Sorry Piotr but here are the results from me, Could not get near you times and very nice work by all

Team STP

mountain drive = 2.49.284
Quincy mine    = 2.32.895
lake superior    = 1.18.570
http://i.imgur.com/cLC7XZX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFaAZcp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GftrzAf.jpg

thnx for all taking part michigan was fantastic :)

@Avenga, You have really cool simrig, pleasure to watch your replays when looking how you are having fun with it ;) @Dave, Good job mate, no worries, next rounds I will slow down drastically, can't afford spending 4h per stage no more ;)

Vorrtz said:
@Avenga, You have really cool simrig, pleasure to watch your replays when looking how you are having fun with it ;) 
Thanks. I'm not the quickest racer but I do have a hell of a lot of fun racing on my rig. I was the same when I used to rally in the real world. I was happy with middle of the field as long as I was having fun. As Jeremy Clarkson once said 'he who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling.'

I couldn't do 4h per stage. I would totally melt, I use really big studio lights for my videos, combined with the heat from the 4 amps running my transducers. It gets pretty hot in my room so I can only do about 30mins at a time. Luckily it is winter here so I don't need a heater :)

I usually do a bit of practice on Saturday then record on Sunday. It then takes be quite a while to edit all the multiple camera's together and sync up all the microphones. Good fun though.

Yeah, honestly it's not that fun to try going the quickest way and nonoversterry and nonundersteery at the same time. I mean, it's quite satisfying seeing time being reduced and getting closer to the top but if only I wasn't fighting for podium I would go sideways as well :p I guess Monte Carlo, the bonus stage, I will drifft all way long. Ok, I'm not doing Off topic anymore :D