Sign in to follow this  

Can't put spare tyre on the car after flat in Club event

Before the third loop of stages in Monte Carlo in one of my clubs I repaired the car, put the correct setup on, picked my tyre choice and double-checked whether I had a spare tyre onboard or not.

I knew from past experience that during a service in a club event, it doesn't automatically put a spare in the car sometimes so I explicitely checked to make sure and indeed I had to pick the option of having one spare onboard.

Near the finish of the first stage of that loop, I slightly touched one of the low walls on the outside of one of the corners and, as you can guess, I had a flat. I continued because it was less than 500 metres from the finish and thought: "Before the next stage my tyre will be replaced by the spare one." I was in absolute disbelieve when I set off on the next stage, realising that my flat hadn't been replaced yet! I stopped to see if I could still change it but the option to do this wasn't flashing on my screen. I pressed 'pause' to see if the option was there in the menu but to no avail.

That truly was a horrible way to end the event as I was fighting for the top positions in a high end club event/championship. I'm properly miffed right now because of this as my chances of fighting for the crown in this club/championship have basically gone from 'highly likely' to 'nigh on impossible' because of this as I had really high hopes for this one and was going strong. 😥

@PJTierney , please check this issue because this shouldn't be happening.