Online Crashes, Torpedoes

Hi sorry if this is in other threads but it needs a resolve. Its annoying when others ruin your race on purpose but we are still getting penalties for being smashed into as full speed on corners! You can be as careful and clean as you like but another player decides not to brake at all, plows into you and even if you don't hit another player you can get slapped with a big time penalty!?! This shouldn't be happening, also in the lat 3 times this has happened 2 of these torpedo guys managed to finish the race with NO penalty?? You can literally spear another player and get clean away with it?? On a corner? How does this not register they were going full speed at a corner and hitting other players? And how does it not register when getting hit by another and having no ability to control the car as you go flying get a penalty for it? Its literally a slap in the crotch! Please fix this asap.

Also I feel that the achievement of reaching level 50 for a trophy is very high. 25 was high for 2018 simply because online is quite the headache to race well. I have no issue grinding for a game but I prefer offline grinds, not relying so much on needing internet connection or trying to race other players cleanly to get achievements. Please consider for those who love to platinum their favourite games. A perfect example of this is 2011 with "Test Driver", grinding time in Practice sessions etc. Things that get you using all aspects of the game but more so offline.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

to the torpedo guys you re 100% right.

For the 2nd part I have an advise for you...start a league with a friend and you will reach pretty fast Level 50, if you need it for the trophy.

• Agree 2

In game online achievements are linked strongly with mass cheating. It's highly ironic that the strong desire to reach an arbitrary and random level score causes so many to cheat on track because that cheating is then directly responsible for the required driver level taking so long to get! 

I've said it before but probably not loud enough, that if you remove online achievements entirely from the game you will also annihilate probably as much as 90% of the cheating too. Achievements that drive a more positive race experience should instead be encouraged. Here's an example list I believe will clean the game up very quickly:

UNTOUCHABLE (Consecutive completed laps without contact with other cars) 

Bronze 5, Silver 15, Gold 25, Platinum 50

TEACHERS PET (Consecutive completed laps without incurring track penalties) 

B5, S15, G25, P50

MIRROR CHECK (Consecutive clean passes without incurring a penalty - carried forward from race to race) 

B1, S5, G10, P15

SUNDAY DRIVER (Consecutive pit stops without going over speed limit) 

B1, S5, G10, P15

NOT A SCRATCH (Win a race without incurring a single penalty /zero damage /full damage ON) 

B 5 lap race, S 25% race, G 50% race, P 100% race 

Of course there will still always be a few who don't care about trophies or race results who will spend their entire track time trying to wreck the experience for others but these will soon become pariahs. Ghosting and disqualification/ineligibility from trophies will discourage persistent offenders pretty quick though if implemented. 

I also believe many game devs implement trophies cynically to extend playtime artificially beyond the time people would play purely for enjoyment, so they need to encourage clean racing exclusively instead of rewarding simply time on track /race results. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

That calls for another option:

ACHIEVEMENTS OFF (Win a race with achievements turned off)

B5, S25, G50, P100

On 2/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, 1512marcel said:

That calls for another option:

ACHIEVEMENTS OFF (Win a race with achievements turned off)

B5, S25, G50, P100

LOL.. You mean have an achievement you get by turning achievements off? Were you being sarcastic? 🤣

• Thanks 1

I thought it was very funny being this virtually impossible :classic_biggrin: But now that I had to explain it, it's not that funny anymore :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

I thought it was very funny being this virtually impossible :classic_biggrin: But now that I had to explain it, it's not that funny anymore :classic_sad:

Well I laughed at it, I know tongue-in-cheek when I see it! 

• Agree 1