@ChrisGrovesMCM Good Afternoon Chris. I've asked a couple of times now regarding a fix to the amount of FoV adjustment but there's been nothing really in the way of a response, so maybe some visuals will help in showing you my issue. I have a 49" 32:9 monitor and at 55cm from the screen my FoV should be circa 34 degrees but Grid only goes down to 55 degrees. Please look at the examples below which feature the same Aston Martin car at 55 degrees FoV and 34 Degrees FoV.

2001480233_Grid201955FoV.thumb.jpg.c2197b7660a53c1515231d060f7125ee.jpg

1095790192_AssettoCorsa34FoV.thumb.jpg.3074259d7a8e9fb39a5252732a2e031c.jpg

As you can see from the Top Grid pic, the seat head restraints are visible and the in-game steering wheel looks way too small. The view in the Bottom Assetto Corsa pic is more natural and authentic.

If the FoV slider could have it's range extended down to low 30's then would be appreciated. If some seat manipulation controls could be added, that would be great. F1 2019, Dirl 4 and Dirt Rally (which I own) all have this feature.

Please help, Dashcam footage is not ideal either as I cannot see the side mirrors or car instruments in that view.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DaveT1969
Spelling mistakes
  • Agree 3

+1 on this request.  I’ve asked this before and @ChrisGrovesMCM did respond by indicating that this will be looked into. The FOV does not have enough variance.  Please allow the FOV adjustment to go further below 55. 

I'm glad to have some support on this Newgun. Hopefully @ChrisGrovesMCM will see this and take it to the team for further discussion. I really can't see it being difficult to implement as this function already exists. As you say, it just needs to go further below 55 (30 would be ideal).

Agreed, this needs sorting. Furthur adjustments needed so please allow us to go below 55 and above max if needed.

Cmon @ChrisGrovesMCM there are a few people that share the need to have the FoV adjustable. At least some acknowledgement that you'll discuss it with the team would be nice.

I'm starting to lose hope that this will even be considered, let alone fixed.

Prove me wrong.....please.

Hey,

As mentioned in the thread, this topic has been raised before for internal discussion, to see if more variance for FoV and other cockpit cam adjustments were possible. At that point the development needed to focus their time on more pressing matters and more commonly-reported topics. Now some time has passed, I can re-raise the topic and see what the situation is. 

Of course, it's horses for courses - just because one game has a certain feature or option, doesn't necessarily mean GRID should, as they are two different games with different priorities, styles, focuses, etc. But, as it's a community request with some clear detail, I'm happy to chase it 🙂

• Thanks 2

Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this. I've seen posts on other forums where people are requesting this very fix.....I'm glad that it has been (re)recognised. For me this is a total game changer as I drive cockpit view for realism and immersion and driving from the back seat or sat on the bonnet ruins that immersion!

I would be extremely grateful if you could keep us posted with any updates or information.

Cheers.

• Agree 1

Hello @CMTGK. Before @ChrisGrovesMCM left his post he agreed that the FoV issue that I and others have would be looked into. As you have now taken over, can you confirm that this will be actioned? I understand that Grid is 'not a proper sim' but it does so many things right. This is the only real issue I personally have and I believe it shouldn't be a massive headache to implement.

Any news would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Hey @DaveT1969 - thanks for tagging me in this. 

I'll give you an update on this at some point this week. I have a feeling that there are other pressing issues and it would take a long time to implement something like this post-launch but I'll see what I can do.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

just because one game has a certain feature or option, doesn't necessarily mean GRID should

Sorry but I believe you are totally wrong on this point, EVERY half decent driving game with a cockpit view should of course allow a good amount of FOV adjustment. 55 being the lowest available is rather daft.

What argument could there be that GRID 2019 shouldn't have this feature or option?

• Agree 1

@RagingBeard They only argument they could possibly have is that either they are gaming on a cinema screen or they don't appreciate that the cockpit view should be able to provide a 1:1 scale view. If you choose cockpit view it should feel like you are in the cockpit, not viewing it from a 3rd person point of view.

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, CMTGK said:

Hey @DaveT1969 - thanks for tagging me in this. 

I'll give you an update on this at some point this week. I have a feeling that there are other pressing issues and it would take a long time to implement something like this post-launch but I'll see what I can do.

I hope Codemasters will get around to fix this as soon as possible.  There were 2 problems that kept me from racing in Grid 2019.

The short career races and the very very bad FOV in cockpit on a 49" widescreen ruin the game for me. The career length is fixed, all what remains now is the correct FOV settings. 

Too bad since Dirt Rally 2 does have the right FOV settings like you can see here on one of my videos.  Sometimes is hard to understand that the same game developer makes 2 entirely different choices. 

Edited by HoiHman
  • Like 1

Hey @DaveT1969 and @HoiHman. After speaking to the development studio today, I'm afraid we're not looking to make any adjustments to the FoV for GRID 2019.

I can't understate how invaluable your feedback on this is and I've been told that more advanced FoV adjustments, similar to those requested here, will be looked at for inclusion in future Codies titles. 

• Sad 1

@CMTGK Thank you for your endevours getting this to the Dev team.
I can't say I'm happy with the outcome though. For a developer to not consider fixing the non-realistic driving view is an atrocious decision to me. Why was the decision to have a vertical FoV as high as 95 made? Maybe the devs got confused with Vertical FoV and Horizontal Fov, as 95 H.Fov is not ludicrous.
Since it is confirmed this this will not be actioned, I look forward to season 3 so I can complete and then uninstall this beta of a game (which I purchased just after launch day for £64.99).
Lesson for the future for me and I suspect many other people too: Don't buy a game on launch day, wait to see how it develops. If people are complaining, stay well away!

Disappointed.

• Agree 1

The reality is the revenue stream has ended for the game and so the support will too, "inclusion in future Codies titles." i call that as BS as people have said, Dirt Rally 2.0 has it!

Sadly I'm just seeing deflection coming from codemasters now, we are not new to gaming, we know what to expect, what we did not expect is this, its not about managing expectations, its about Codemasters meeting even the most basic of expectations. 

Shame on Codemasters!

• Agree 1

I'm afraid that the concept of the Team is a deliberate marketing abuse here. CM is simply a well-known brand and it's easy to sell car games under this banner. Contracts are people who are to heat up the chops a little so that they can be sold again. Contents are cut at the same time because it makes no sense to raise costs since the financial result will be similar if we do half as much. Then a short testing phase and someone approves of it for sale. Persons participating in the project are billed and undertake other projects, remains to order the removal of possible errors. The rest is marketing costs, because from that moment only the sales result counts.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@minetti ' CM is simply a well-known brand and it's easy to sell car games under this banner. '

I'm afraid they'll have a difficult time to sell any to me in the future.

Previously bought:

Dirt 4

Dirt Rally

Grid (Original)

F1 2010

F1 2018

F1 2019

Grid 2019

There will be no more unless there is a change of principles.

Edited by DaveT1969
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

team branding is virtual here and drives sales. it is more like a film industry where a group of people gather to implement the project (here inspired by previous titles). after the approved implementation, the sales machine is started. the main project is closed and only cosmetic or critical corrections could be added. artists have split up or already have other projects in their business plan. the budget has been consumed and the final product is launched and earns

there won't be any overwhelming changes (...) so please manage your expectations

Edited by minetti

Thanks @CMTGK for at least being honest. 😀

Now i can safely uninstall grid 2019 to make room on my hard drive for other games that support the ultra wide screens better.  It kind of looks like history is repeating itself, i remember a grid game having no cockpits at all.:classic_huh:

Even though there's still some DLC coming which i have paid for in advance, these very odd camera positions make the game not worth the effort anymore.

I really hope that future titles will be better FOV support.

• Like 1

Wish I could refund this game. The FOV is asinine. It’s like driving from a rear passenger seat. Just plain stupid, and not to mention that some parts of the dash is unreadable or obstructed. The FOV slider adjustment can easily be adjusted by devs - all codies need to do is zoom it in more.  How hard can that be?! It’s clear that the this title is a cash grab and future support has ceased. Shame on you guys.  

• Agree 2

i agree with the refund element, not played for months due to fov and garbage handling. Thank god for Assetto Corsa Comp coming soon.

Posted (edited)

I've been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione on PC for a few months now. It's polished, it's getting more DLC later this year, the handling is great AND you can adjust the FoV and seat by a huge degree. IMHO the best game out there (if you like GT cars).

Grid....pah.

Edited by DaveT1969
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

(FOR PC version)

I can release an easy mod for the FOV , just ask me in private. the mod can add a free cam mod with everything you need, What Codemasters refuse to do , I can do it, it's not I'm good, it's just they refuse, cause it's very very EASY to make a FOV mod, and for them it's more easier cause they have 'official' access to the core engine, me I have to do many tricks 🙂 but it's easy. Once I have found the right memory value for the FOV, I can easily modify them for our preference with a memory injection 🙂 easy ! If I were the  Codemasters dev, I could add the mod officialy in 5 minutes for everyone with a FOV slider from 0 to 100. Ss don't trust them when they say it's hard and they can't. NEVER TRUST THEM

my tricks (not GRID, but it's the famous Memory Injection, which can break everything, can work for ANY games, DIrt rally 2.0...NFS heat, ANY, want ACAT ?)

🙂

🙂

🙂

thanks who ? (say my name)

Edited by KolysioN
  • Agree 1