@ChrisGrovesMCM Good Afternoon Chris. I've asked a couple of times now regarding a fix to the amount of FoV adjustment but there's been nothing really in the way of a response, so maybe some visuals will help in showing you my issue. I have a 49" 32:9 monitor and at 55cm from the screen my FoV should be circa 34 degrees but Grid only goes down to 55 degrees. Please look at the examples below which feature the same Aston Martin car at 55 degrees FoV and 34 Degrees FoV.

2001480233_Grid201955FoV.thumb.jpg.c2197b7660a53c1515231d060f7125ee.jpg

1095790192_AssettoCorsa34FoV.thumb.jpg.3074259d7a8e9fb39a5252732a2e031c.jpg

As you can see from the Top Grid pic, the seat head restraints are visible and the in-game steering wheel looks way too small. The view in the Bottom Assetto Corsa pic is more natural and authentic.

If the FoV slider could have it's range extended down to low 30's then would be appreciated. If some seat manipulation controls could be added, that would be great. F1 2019, Dirl 4 and Dirt Rally (which I own) all have this feature.

Please help, Dashcam footage is not ideal either as I cannot see the side mirrors or car instruments in that view.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DaveT1969
Spelling mistakes
  • Agree 3

+1 on this request.  I’ve asked this before and @ChrisGrovesMCM did respond by indicating that this will be looked into. The FOV does not have enough variance.  Please allow the FOV adjustment to go further below 55. 

I'm glad to have some support on this Newgun. Hopefully @ChrisGrovesMCM will see this and take it to the team for further discussion. I really can't see it being difficult to implement as this function already exists. As you say, it just needs to go further below 55 (30 would be ideal).

Agreed, this needs sorting. Furthur adjustments needed so please allow us to go below 55 and above max if needed.

Cmon @ChrisGrovesMCM there are a few people that share the need to have the FoV adjustable. At least some acknowledgement that you'll discuss it with the team would be nice.

I'm starting to lose hope that this will even be considered, let alone fixed.

Prove me wrong.....please.

Hey,

As mentioned in the thread, this topic has been raised before for internal discussion, to see if more variance for FoV and other cockpit cam adjustments were possible. At that point the development needed to focus their time on more pressing matters and more commonly-reported topics. Now some time has passed, I can re-raise the topic and see what the situation is. 

Of course, it's horses for courses - just because one game has a certain feature or option, doesn't necessarily mean GRID should, as they are two different games with different priorities, styles, focuses, etc. But, as it's a community request with some clear detail, I'm happy to chase it 🙂

• Thanks 2

Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this. I've seen posts on other forums where people are requesting this very fix.....I'm glad that it has been (re)recognised. For me this is a total game changer as I drive cockpit view for realism and immersion and driving from the back seat or sat on the bonnet ruins that immersion!

I would be extremely grateful if you could keep us posted with any updates or information.

Cheers.

• Agree 1