Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Ferrari Livery 2020

Hey Codies,

So I know there was a huge drama in F1 2019 about the Mission Winnow sponsorship, how it relates to tobacco use and you don't want that on your product and I get it. Conveniently Ferrari came up with their 90th Anniversary Livery which fit in nicely in F1 2019 the game, although it did take awhile to get added 😞 In the upcoming, real life, 2020 season it seems that Ferrari may be able to host their Mission Winnow Livery in more venues, and with nothing to celebrate year long, like a 90th anniversary, it may be that Ferrari does not come up with an alternative to the Mission Winnow livery. If this is the case I would hate to see the Ferrari in game with a massive hole on the engine cover and empty spots on the nose and rear wing. This leads me to asking about what you guys will do this year. Hopefully use something that Ferrari makes, come up with something new, or use the Mission Winnow Livery. That last one, using the Mission Winnow livery would obviously be most ideal as that would be most accurate to real life. Then again that comes back to the issue of having that in the game. I have thought of a solution to this though where as the game boots up a disclaimer is shown saying something along the lines of "Codies does not endorse any corporation within the game." Of course I do not know the ins and outs of what you guys can and can't do but that is just me. As a side and smaller note, this same concept could be applied to Mclaren's A Better Tomorrow sponsor on their livery. Thanks for the great games though, looking forward to the future.

Edited by JackleJack77
  • Like 1

I sadly agree, without the Mission Winnow sponsoring areas this livery will just look plain and boring. It will just be a simple red car with nothing going on. I hope Codemasters can somehow figure out a workaround.

• Agree 2

It'll be whatever Ferrari sanction and or use when they cannot use Mission Winnow like in France for example. 

• Agree 1

Imo, the official game should have the official sponsors.

F1 2019 has Singha in it, so why no Mission Winnow or Lyft?

PEGI rating should not be a issue, as FIFA, which is also rated as PEGI3, has many questionable sponsors, such as Carlsberg, Heineken, Singha, Chang and or Lyft, in it.

#OfficialSponsors

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

PEGI rating should not be a issue, as FIFA, which is also rated as PEGI3, has many questionable sponsors, such as Carlsberg, Heineken, Singha, Chang and or Lyft, in it.

I dont know if you remember, but we had "We have to ask EA" as an answer to this question some years ago 😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Imo, the official game should have the official sponsors.

F1 2019 has Singha in it, so why no Mission Winnow or Lyft?

#OfficialSponsors

FIFA doesn't have a tobacco linked sponsor in it? Also gambling isn't on there either?

56 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

FIFA doesn't have a tobacco linked sponsor in it? Also gambling isn't on there either?

I saw 32bet, Lyft, SportPesa, betway, manbet x, w88, dafabet etc. in FIFA 20 the game.

Also, the real life FIFA consortium have apparently banned tobacco sponsorship altogether just like the FIA, but there does not seem to be any football team openly running around with abbreviations or counterfeit names such as "MissionWinnow" to weave through the superficial veil of laws, unlike F1.

Either way, EA Sports have put almost all of the other alcohol and gambling sponsors in the officially licenced FIFA sports game, which is ironically rated PEGI3, but in some countries these sponsors are not visible in the game due to regional locks i believe (why is this not the case for the official F1 game?).

Seems as if a massive amount of $$$ can buy almost anything after all.

• Agree 3

Im pretty sure Ferrari wont use MW on their car in Melbourne like last year. The will replace it with something else like they did last year with 90 years.

Theyll use MW in Bahrain, Monaco, Usa, Mexico and other tracks/countries where its not forbidden to sponsor alcoholl or tobacco on car.

But in the game it for sure wont be in. It will be blank or that of Melbourne (if its not forbidden)

Did u play old f1 games like 99 or 01 games, was there Marlboro on the ferrari car? Or west on mclaren, No it wasnt

And im sure it wont be in future (only on pc with a mod)

• Like 1

Now that almost all the liveries of the 2020 cars have been revealed, hopefully Codemasters can give us all "questionable" official sponsors in the officially licenced F1 2020 game:

Ferrari: MissionWinnow (might get changed to a alternative slogan as last year)

McLaren: Estrella Galicia (beer brand)

Alfa Romeo: Singha (beer brand - was already in the 2019 game)

Williams: ABK Beer, Bogart's, Bandero (beer brands)

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 2

On 2/18/2020 at 2:16 AM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Now that almost all the liveries of the 2020 cars have been revealed, hopefully Codemasters can give us all "questionable" official sponsors in the officially licenced F1 2020 game:

Ferrari: MissionWinnow (might get changed to a alternative slogan as last year)

McLaren: Estrella Galicia (beer brand)

Alfa Romeo: Singha (beer brand - was already in the 2019 game)

Williams: ABK Beer, Bogart's, Bandero (beer brands)

Agree.