Sign in to follow this  

Some suggestions for the next rally game from Codemasters.

Hi everyone! I try to write things quite shortly (but for me as a rally fan will be hard i guess), so... For new games from DiRT Series i would like to see:

Most off all, new rallies, stages and cars and also to have the possibility to create your own stages with a normal stage creator/editor tool. We should be able to do what we want when it comes to doing the stages, for example we could choose many types of corners and straights and jumps or add all the things alone like trees and all the objects into the places where we would like to have them or recreate real life stages.
Also the return of making car liveries like in DiRT 4 would be nice, and even better if we could do even more there too.

Cars which i miss: American Rally Association Cars (ARA) like the WRX of O. Solberg or D.Higgins , maybe some R4? Colin McRae R4 if possible? And for sure at least one past 2010 WRC cars like Citroen DS3 (I would go for Kris Meeke DS3 2016) and at least one car from the new Era of WRC from 2017 Maybe M-Sport Fiesta 2017 or Toyota Yaris 2017-2019 if possible. Of course it's still just a idea and things i'm sure many would like to see, but we will see what will be possible.

A Citroen Xsara would be cool. And when it comes to the Subaru Impreza which will arrive in March 24 for DiRT Rally 2.0 for future games i would like to see more the 97 version without this big air inlet on the rood and with slight differences on front bumper as well but of course with the same livery. So in general, it should look like the Impreza from Colin McRae Rally (1998) or Colin McRae Rally 2.0 instead of that what we will get now so the 98 version instead of 97 which is also more popular because of Colin on Bunnings Jumps or scoring manufacturer title and missing 1 point to Tommi Makinen in drivers championship.

but now let's move to other more precised things:

General improvements and innovation in physics/car behaviour would be nice and that you need to turn the car and fight with it during the corners like make countersteers. (Depending on cars you should be able to go sideways and keep the grip as well but fight with the wheel and do those countersteers) It works good in DR 2.0 too.

Also if you would do the game like with DiRT 4, i would like to see very good simulation physics like in DR 2.0 and for sure even better one but also Arcade physics for beginners.

Probably better tarmac physics which many people say is the most important thing to change now, and also a very good Force Feedback. (I'm feeling ok with current conditions just in case)

More reaction of the parts of the car when you hit something a bank or a rock. If you hit a rock with rear or something else then you can break the suspension easier like it is in real life, and also getting punctures like now if the hit is big but not the biggest one at the same time. + Punctures if you drive on something hard on the ground probably depending on type of tyre and tyre conditions or how much you hit the objects.

Also like i wrote previously every part of the car should react more if you hit something, i don't say the bodywork need to get totally smashed because i know that some manufacturers can not allow for that, but at least you should be able to damage more the parts you have in the suspension areas or the tyres and so on. Also make sure it will be not let's say too much complicated and too much hardcore appearing too much, because you need also the confidence of the cars and driving them on proper physics, otherwise if there is too easy to crash and the damage is too harsh then probably it's not real and also no fun anymore.

Staggered Starts: Like in DiRT3. (But this is the thing to consider because of some people which could cause trouble) So maybe Staggered starts with ghosts only in moment if you drive into direction of other player or when you are near the opponent to avoid a crash or to not get a hit from your rival.

Stage design: No places for cutting, a lot objects if possible or at least penalty system if you cut in places like in F1 Games or WRC games which we saw already.

Leaderboards: Possibility to see a replay of your opponent. (Maybe) But at least would be better for players to verify if someone is driving professional, nice and fair or not like that at all.

WARNING! (Especially) Do cars with the real regulations! That means don't make Lancia Delta having this real power of 330HP and being the overpowered monster from Gr.A Try to limit overpowered cars and that they will be equal like all would have 300hp as for regulation and all able to perform nice. (it's disappointing to see a 95 Impreza which was super quick in real life losing with the Delta or even Lancer VI a lot) Or at least do some categories like 93 year, 95 year 98 year or something else. There is probably a lot ways to make it more fair for those categories to make the cars nice and equal and that all those cars will deserve to have the chance to be fast and fight against other manufacturers car.

I think there is still a lot more nice ideas, for example dynamic weather, snow in rallies where it can happen rare like Wales (old years) or other rallies in the world, like we saw once in Sebastien Ogier testing for Spain in Snow.

Real Co-Driver comeback of Nicky Grist or put a current WRC Co-Driver? Also as polish fan i would like to see a polish Co-Driver. For me the best possible one would be Maciej Szczepaniak and also improve the translation and pacenotes a little in many other languages as well.

So if i remind myself even more or find new ideas i will edit this text or just add some new ideas in the comments. Also i invite you to put your ideas here and tell your thoughts about my ideas and answer if it could be a option or not and if it's possible to do. I'm not experienced when it comes to what is possible for Devs to do for the future games but i'm sure many good ideas could be used.

Greetings to all! :)

• Like 1