DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[FEATURE] TEST DAYS

Was thinking if while doing a custom single player event, you could pause the game and get access to the car setup section during the stage. As it is at the moment you have to do two stages before you can get to service and the setup options. Being able to access the car setup mid stage would make creating setup's that much easier. If this is not possible could we get a "TEST DAY" option in the main menu that would allow us unlimited shake down stages with access to the service area after each run? (this would be my preferred way of doing it)

Great idea. It's a hazzle returning to the main menu each time you wanna tweak your setup!

bogani said:
Great idea. It's a hazzle returning to the main menu each time you wanna tweak your setup!

That was my thinking behind this. :)

Yeah but they can't do this IRL so why include it in a game that's trying to be a sim?
Get a piece of paper and write down your thoughts while you've paused the game and continue thereafter.
When you get to the end; do these changes, that's what real rally drivers do.

Evilsmurf said:
Anymore input to this?
Yep, testing would be nice, but I don't know about real time setup changes. It would be an immersion killer for me. "return to service area" menu prompt would be a better choice for my taste.

Evilsmurf said:
If this is not possible could we get a "TEST DAY" option in the main menu that would allow us unlimited shake down stages with access to the service area after each run? (this would be my preferred way of doing it)

Perhaps I could of explained it better, My preferred option would be do the shakedown run, then return to the service area (a nicely animated service area with the setup overly on top would be cool) but failing that as long as we had access to the setup menu after the shakedown run I would be happy.

The reason for it being a TEST DAY option on the main menu is you could run unlimited shakedown's, rather than the 3 we get at the moment.

Real WRC teams do this for weeks prior to an event.

Hope that makes it a little clearer :)

Evilsmurf said:
Evilsmurf said:
If this is not possible could we get a "TEST DAY" option in the main menu that would allow us unlimited shake down stages with access to the service area after each run? (this would be my preferred way of doing it)

Perhaps I could of explained it better, My preferred option would be do the shakedown run, then return to the service area (a nicely animated service area with the setup overly on top would be cool) but failing that as long as we had access to the setup menu after the shakedown run I would be happy.

The reason for it being a TEST DAY option on the main menu is you could run unlimited shakedown's, rather than the 3 we get at the moment.

Real WRC teams do this for weeks prior to an event.

Hope that makes it a little clearer :)

Yup, current 3x limit is PROBABLY due to the fact, that shakedown is a part of actual SS01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5iKfI0QMCw

Imagine how it could be with DIRT RALLY graphics and sounds...

I would like to see the championship mode to be more realistic. In real WRC the teams can have limited test sessions during the season. Usually they have  from week to few months prior the event a comprehensive test days on non-rally stages but those stages correspond to the up-coming event stages quite well.

Also this would bring nice twist to the car specs, when there would be new parts to test etc.

In this kind of "Test days" mode the road should wear and create tracks.