Sign in to follow this  

Autosport Black Edition

So the "Black" edition of Autosport gives me a mediocre Merc, and a load of paint jobs. 

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Codemasters, please explain to me and all your customers why we should get a limited edition of a game, that has such poor rewards.  Im assuming Black edition will cost more??

Give me 5 or so decent cars, that regular game edition owners cant get their hands on...EVER. Let me use them against people who dont have them, then yes.  But for a few paint jobs, I dont see it being worth the extra expense.   

Please add your thoughts racers. 
:)

Give me 5 or so decent cars, that regular game edition owners cant get their hands on...EVER. Let me use them against people who dont have them, then yes.

Here's my thoughts: 

GET OUT OF HERE. NOW.

Pay-2-Win & Pay-2-Play-In-Custom-Lobbies DLC packs like what you suggest ruined GRID 2 and it'll be the same in Autosport if that were the case.

So the "Black" edition of Autosport gives me a mediocre Merc, and a load of paint jobs. 

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Codemasters, please explain to me and all your customers why we should get a limited edition of a game, that has such poor rewards.  Im assuming Black edition will cost more??

Give me 5 or so decent cars, that regular game edition owners cant get their hands on...EVER. Let me use them against people who dont have them, then yes.  But for a few paint jobs, I dont see it being worth the extra expense.   

It's mainly because we had loads of different rewards for GRID 2 and after listening to feedback from you guys we felt like doing something like that again was a bad idea. 

The Black Edition is meant to be a pre-order bonus with a few extra bits to say thank you to those that do. As for pricing it should be the same price as the normal version but this is down to the retailers and not controlled by us.

You'll find more info on the black edition and our thinking behind it on the blog

Biglee - you just needed a random car to be shown as the dlc car for people who dont have the dlc.  Or force the compatibility packs on people.  Forcing a download is possible, it happens on GTA5, it happened on NFS HP, and many more games im sure. 

As for black edition, if its the same price, then I have no issue with it. Its just if it were going to be more expensive then IMO it wouldnt have been worth it. 

Give me 5 or so decent cars, that regular game edition owners cant get their hands on...EVER. Let me use them against people who dont have them, then yes.

Here's my thoughts: 

GET OUT OF HERE. NOW.

Pay-2-Win & Pay-2-Play-In-Custom-Lobbies DLC packs like what you suggest ruined GRID 2 and it'll be the same in Autosport if that were the case.
Please explain pay-2-win?? If your buying a game, are you not paying to win/play? 

DLC extends the life and interest of a game.  All that needs to be done, is to allow some way of the DLC owners being able to use their DLC anywhere and anytime in the game.  Not have it available unless everyone in the lobby has it.   Unless its usage is clearly stated before you click "confirm purchase"

agree with scarletdevil and from my side its a clear NO to pay2win options.

the explanation is simple: if you by paying (in this case in advance) to get the game and for that get cars unavailable to others who may not have the possibility to pre-order or discover the game after release. Then if these cars show to be a tad better than standard cars we are in a pay2win situation - and that would be NOK.
However I wouldnt mind if CM went back to the original idea of Grid and had max 2-3 cars in each dicipline, resulting in 95% driver skill/luck to achieve good result.

I didnt say anything about having a car thats better than the others.  Just an exclusive car(s)s

That what happens with "limited edition" games.  There is a reason to get them.  The cars given in limited edition games, have never been better than regular cars in game. 

Pay-2-win Is a stupid expression, please keep it used by noobs moaning about people who pay money for stuff in free to play games.  But there is nothing wrong it.  Maybe your angry at people who use money to buy kredits in free to play games because you cant afford to.  

maybe :)
but still there is a risk as I see it that "exclusive cars" has better performance, which imo ruines the game of being a true sequel to G1, 
OK G1 had the Ebay's until update 1.3 but in general the cars where equal.
Pay2win is not a noobish expression but a sad fact that has been optional since a lot of started with the dlc-options, unfortunately it is not only in free games where it is highly understandable for covering costs, but also in fully priced games, where you'd expect to get the whole package when paying the full price. There shouldn't be diversities in the different game titles such as:
Grid Autosport A - € 30
Grid Autosport B - € 45
Grid Autosport C - € 60 which the would include a dragster and a dragon 

I didnt say anything about having a car thats better than the others.  Just an exclusive car(s)s

That what happens with "limited edition" games.  There is a reason to get them.  The cars given in limited edition games, have never been better than regular cars in game. 

Pay-2-win Is a stupid expression, please keep it used by noobs moaning about people who pay money for stuff in free to play games.  But there is nothing wrong it.  Maybe your angry at people who use money to buy kredits in free to play games because you cant afford to.  
But if you happened to master that car and beat everybody everytime !!, then I would also like to try that car to beat you and if I couldn't get that car Id be very miffed not to be able to try it- ever.

Exclusive livery are fine, exclusive cars will fracture the community again, not good.

Sorry if this has been asked else where!!!
If i have the black edition and my friend does not, is this going to cause issues as grid 2 did where my friend or any1 else that does not have the same cars as me can not join a lobby/race that i create and seperate the community again??

oops just read loggys post!! sily me

yeah will dlc split the community??

When will GRID Autosport be pre-orderable on Steam? And will the Black Edition be a pre-order option on there, or can it only be bought from shop retailers?

Steam pre-order starts today we think and yes it will be the black edition

Grid 2's preorder was horrible and I actually prefer Autosports preorder bonus. One car taken out is by far better than 3 cars and a racing class which literally killed its online community.

Will definitely preorder Autosports now.

Well I am happy that I have seen enough good stuff.

So the pre-order went in.

Only problem is Sniper Elite is also out on the same day. It's going to be a busy weekend to do that, GA and a half marathon as well !

mcnab said:
Pre-orders won't be today sorry (I don't think we ever gave them a date) we will let you know when they do go up though :)

mcnab said:
Pre-orders won't be today sorry (I don't think we ever gave them a date) we will let you know when they do go up though :)

Loore  [developer] 8 May @ 8:47pm 
Yes, we're hoping to get these live next week :)

got a little excited ha

Its a reward for pre-order it wont cost you more as I underst
mcnab said:
Actually Loore said sort of  6 weeks before release and that is this week.  ;)
Release week is week 26 it is now week 20 sooooooooooooooooooooo.  

Loore said:
NhraRacer said:
Sorry guys if i missed this. Is there a date we can preorder on Steam?
Normally around six weeks from launch. The Steam page and Community section should be online later today.

ahhh well @loore knows the rules about making promises you can't keep - sorry guys, they shouldn't be too much longer.

Well he didn't say explicitly 6 weeks before release only that it is normally 6 weeks, so basicly he didn't promise anything.  
Besides that atm I dont give a ......(fill in what you like) about pre-orders.
I stick to what I said before no trying no buying, and with the decision of blurred cockpits and no working mirrors, no trackir support, I lost alot of intrest in this game.

you trying to give us a bit of a scare @justbiglee ? the zooming in effect you used was kind of spooky :p