Awarded rivalry point for completing race despite DNF

I encountered a bug this morning, not been able to recreate it, mainly because I don't fancy wasting 30 minutes trying.

Xbox One X - Logitech G920 - Career mode - Hungary - 25% distance Race

Found myself at the back due to a crash and needing to change my wing fairly early in the race and my tires were pretty worn. The race winner had crossed the line about 45 seconds before I was rounding the last corner. I proceed to squeeze the throttle a little too hard and proceed to spin out resulting in terminal damage about 100 yards before the finish line. Naturally I was devastated, mainly because it was my own fault. The race summary at the end confirms that it was a DNF. However, when I get to the rivalry screen, I received a point for finishing the race in both of my rivalries.

I'm assuming that this point is incorrectly being awarded due to the race being classed as finished when the race leader crossed the line and you are still in the race.

When you say "point for finishing the race" do you mean literally finishing as you DID complete over 90% distance and are thereby classified? The results screen would say DNF as you did not get a finish time, but you would have been classified (literally 20th?).

You would not have been in the race / championship points being literally at the back, but as I do not play career I'm not going to waste any minutes of my life trying to recreate it. 🙂

Edited by steviejay69

Maybe, still not sure that it would be correct in this instance. As you said that you don't play career, you have rivalries with other drivers, one is your teammate, the other you choose. Each race you and the other drivers can score a point in the following categories:

Finished race, Fastest lap, Penalty free,  Finish position v the other driver, And one other that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I believe I was incorrectly (although gladly in this instance) awarded a point.

Edited by CarloLewis

2 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

Maybe, still not sure that it would be correct in this instance. As you said that you don't play career, you have rivalries with other drivers, one is your teammate, the other you choose. Each race you and the other drivers can score a point in the following categories:

Finished race, Fastest lap, Penalty free,  Finish position v the other driver, And one other that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I believe I was incorrectly (although gladly in this instance) awarded a point.

OK, let me convince you. Crash on Lap 1 and see if you get a point. Will take less than a minute from where you are.

Hi @CarloLewis

By the term 'a point', I'm guessing you mean a point on this screen in your rivalry:

20200217122936_1.jpg

What was the rivalry point for? Can you recreate the issue?

This is where a manual save option would be incredibly useful. OP can't do a 1 minute test without wrecking his entire season. If you already have flashbacks enabled it's hardly cheating having a manual save available and by golly it would be darn useful for testing and recreating bugs. 

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

This is where a manual save option would be incredibly useful. OP can't do a 1 minute test without wrecking his entire season. If you already have flashbacks enabled it's hardly cheating having a manual save available and by golly it would be darn useful for testing and recreating bugs. 

Does career not have the mid-session save option like GP mode?

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @CarloLewis

By the term 'a point', I'm guessing you mean a point on this screen in your rivalry:

20200217122936_1.jpg

What was the rivalry point for? Can you recreate the issue?

Hi @BarryBL,

Yes you are correct, that is the 'point' (didn't know what else to call it) that I meant. I got 2 rivalry points for the race, 'Fastest lap' and 'Finished race'

One thing that I did forget to mention, is that I also have flashbacks turned off.

Unfortunately I'm away with work all week so won't get chance to retest, nor am I really willing to as @sloppysmusic stated, this would impact my career save. I'd like to think though that this is a simple error that the team could find. Basically the point is probably being awarded as soon as the winner crosses the line and the countdown to the end of the race appears.

31 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

Hi @BarryBL,

Yes you are correct, that is the 'point' (didn't know what else to call it) that I meant. I got 2 rivalry points for the race, 'Fastest lap' and 'Finished race'

One thing that I did forget to mention, is that I also have flashbacks turned off.

Unfortunately I'm away with work all week so won't get chance to retest, nor am I really willing to as @sloppysmusic stated, this would impact my career save. I'd like to think though that this is a simple error that the team could find. Basically the point is probably being awarded as soon as the winner crosses the line and the countdown to the end of the race appears.

In your example though, you were classified, this counts as a finish. If no-one else has questioned this, then it would appear to be in accordance with F1 rules, which not all gamers are fully conversant with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Does career not have the mid-session save option like GP mode?

It does but seems to get wiped as soon as race is over and you see results screen. You have to load it before the session ends which in this case would have been too late. This was the way 2018 worked. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1