DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Offline Custom Championships

Please allow use of garage cars in offline custom events.  It will give the offline component more depth using cars that deteriorate with miles accumulated, part upgrades, and part replacements.  Just like we can already do in My Team.

Being someone that’s had the game since day 1, the online events are stale with the predictable service stages.  And the community events are still segregated by DLC and non-DLC. 

It’s more fun to create custom championships where tire wear plays a factor.  I need a reason to use hard compounds when there are many consecutive stages without a service park.  

Also, allow us to determine the level of stage degradation when creating custom offline events.  When selecting ‘Authentic’ (the most realistic), the surface never gets the chance to degrade much past light even when starting last.  By the end of a multi-stage Rally the surface should be pretty well worn out and rutted.

There’s so much untapped depth and complexity in this game, and the online events don’t showcase it.

7 hours ago, cjr3559 said:

It will give the offline component more depth using cars that deteriorate with miles accumulated, part upgrades, and part replacements.  Just like we can already do in My Team.

Damage and repairs are the same in custom championships as in my team. Spending some credits to upgrade your differential so wear becomes a bit more nonexistent is not depth.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have some extra depth for custom championships. It's just the my team car features isn't that.

6 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Damage and repairs are the same in custom championships as in my team. 

No, offline custom championships don’t carry over part degradation from one Rally event to the next.  You get a new car without worn parts for each event.

I’m probably the only person who’s trying to make an already difficult game even harder.

Oh right, I actually forgot the "parts degradation" since it's so minimal and has little effect on gameplay that it's not much of a factor. In career mode you repair your car between events so you start the next event with your car in basically 100% condition.

I would also like to see the game being harder, and having more depth.

Edited by HoksuHoo

All freeplay content should have been under my team. So in every event you would participate with your own car and research/upgrade it. Online, offline, racenet clubs, everything. 

Now you can’t create championships in my team for example 12 stage rallies for beginner level. Or if you are better driver you Could choose to drive like 4 or 6 stages/rally with harder difficulty. With your own cars.

Also there should be more AI challenges. More classes and daily/weekly/monthly challenges to drive. Frustrating to lose every community event for a minute.

yeah Dirt 4 was like this. all the freeplay modes used your My Team stuff. that worked pretty well I thought, but it was weird when one of your engineer's contracts ran out (they lasted up to 6 championships) because you did a 1-stage test run which the game counted it as a whole championship haha

also if you didn't have a particular car you could use one belonging to another "team" (think the pre-set liveries/cars in Historic Championships in DR2) which would take a large % of the winnings, but you didn't pay for any damage taken, and you didn't use your own engineers and stuff, so repairs might take more time