Solo Grand Prix. Cannot select next track. Keeps opening Australia

I cannot believe this is a bug. It's too fundamental:

Getting used to F1 2019 and just running solo grand prix weekends.

Have qualified in Australia and successfully completed race.

Have added next races to list. But no matter which track I select from the list, and no matter what I do, The game opens up Australia again. There must be a simple way of overcoming this which I haven't spotted.

Appreciate being pointed in the right direction

Thanks

I may have partly resolved this myself. At least in terms of using the right arrow to change track 1 from Australia to Bahrain. Given that I otherwise cannot select from any subsequent numbered tracks in the list = and indeed since backing out of the program the entire list I created has now disappeared - I question why there is even the ability to create a list of subsequent tracks in the first place??

Can you show a video of how you make your selections? Just asking because I can't recall having seen this issue before and you saying you solved it partly I'm under the impression you are doing something wrong.

Thanks. I have no doubt I am doing something wrong or have missed something. I'm not near the rig at the moment, it might take me a while to figure out the video upload..and I should point out this is ps4 not pc.

Basically, When opening solo grandprix for the first time the track option shows Australia as the only track (number 1) as default. Once the race was completed I backed out and re-opened solo grand prix as before.. When I got to the list It showed Australia as before.. I then clicked on the empty row (number 2) and selected Bahrain, then clicked bahrain to open new grandprix. But it opened Australia again. I recycled this process several times before I gave up.. I then discovered that if I used the directional arrow to change Australia in row 1 to Bahrain in row 1 I got what I asked for.

Does that make sense?

Ah, that makes sense. When you only add Australia it will return over and over again to Australia. Whenever you add another circuit or start a new solo Grandprix or start again it starts with the first race in the sequence; in other words you start from the beginning. When you add five different circuits and you have finished the first race you will move over to the next circuit in the list (the continue option) until you have finished the five races. Then it will start all over again providing that you didn't shut down in between. As far as I recall the game doesn't keep track of were you end. In that case you need to start a Championship or career. Does this make sense? It doesn't matter if you are on PC, Xbox or in your case PS4.

Many thanks. Yes, what you say makes sense...although the app author's strategy doesn't. It explains why, in desperation I had created an entire 22 race season, but after I backed out and went in again everything had disappeared apart from the first row (Australia). As I'm only trying to get some actual race practice on each circuit (rather than working through a "career") the ability to change the circuit on row 1 will suffice. Thanks again

18 hours ago, DavC63s said:

Many thanks. Yes, what you say makes sense...although the app author's strategy doesn't. It explains why, in desperation I had created an entire 22 race season, but after I backed out and went in again everything had disappeared apart from the first row (Australia). As I'm only trying to get some actual race practice on each circuit (rather than working through a "career") the ability to change the circuit on row 1 will suffice. Thanks again

Surely if you wish to practice each track in the sequence they followed in real life the easiest option would be to pick the 2019 championship. You can just ignore the points if you are practicing and all the usual career stuff should be disabled? 

I have no idea. I haven't ventured into anything to do with a championship or career. If what you say is correct (and you can take Mulligans on the championship) then i would question what is the point of having the individual solo race weekends in the app at all?

Just for those who fancy only a few circuits and don't want to do the career thing or a complete Championship. That way you can do USA and Brazil without having to go through a complete season. Makes sense to me.