Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

important online update and simple to implement

goog morning i work with  analysis and systems development.

many times when our connection drops , we are playing without knowing if we are connected or not ,it should be very important to put a disconnection alert. very times we stay playing and we know that we are offline only when we see another car with X, and it take very minutes and in this time is lost, and we stay without sure that we are connected or not.

very bad

here stay the suggestion

thanks

@BarryBL no answers?? what happend with support? codemaster have no support or costumer isnt important ?

Edited by DarkSuLL

@DarkSuLL @BarryBL is currently out of office for a period of time so please bear with us while we pickup his workload. I have passed this onto the team for future consideration. Thanks for your suggestion

If the game actually spots that you're disconnected to Steam(/PSN/XboxLive), it should kick you to the main menu with some kind of error message.

The thing with the game though is that you can be "disconnected" to one driver (as in both drivers see each others as an AI driving around slowly), while being able to connect to all others, so it may not always be easy to determine if you've lost connection except by checking connection to Steamworks(/PSN/XboxLive) or something.

Though as I always say, we don't know how the system works, so we can't easily predict how things can be done.

Edited by UP100

@up100 good morning i am a systems analyst and developer and i know that every system is able to implement updates and it is very easy mainly for game developers, because they already know how the project works , of course it takes a little time to work

2 hours ago, DarkSuLL said:

@up100 good morning i am a systems analyst and developer and i know that every system is able to implement updates and it is very easy mainly for game developers, because they already know how the project works , of course it takes a little time to work

I'm also a game developer to some extent, and I know that especially in the case of having no one server to connect to, this may be a bit harder than you think 😁

Also as previously mentioned the game does have some error messages for losing connection to the service (or to the lobby I believe). The problem is that the game has a hard time determining these at times due to the nature of the online system. I've at least always gotten kicked out of the lobby if I've lost connection to whatever.