Jump to content

contents payed twice

Recommended Posts

today I bought the Season 3+4 pass for € 11,99 but since I already owned two cars and two tracks of these seasons I would have had to pay less than this amount. instead i paid twice for these 4 items, why?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

I already owned two cars and two tracks of these seasons I would have had to pay less than this amount. instead i paid twice for these 4 items, why?

because it doesn't work like that for this game: owning part of a content pack already does not give you a discount on the whole thing. sorry.

on the other hand, when you are looking at your cart or you're in the checkout section, steam shows you when there is a discount for that kind of thing, so why did you choose to go through with the payment even though it never showed a discount for you?

also, it's not like 11.99 is a lot. it was 29.99 until a few days ago, and around 19 euro for the last 3 weeks if you bought the S1-S4 pack, so you're doing better than everyone who bought the content earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal price is about $30 so you rather should return some content 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, and I said this on the steam forums also. Steam gives a warning about any DLC already owned while buying one of the bigger packs, and asks if you want to continue with the purchase. I know this for a fact, as I got a second code for DR2.0 from Humble Bundle with the humble choice monthly sub, and gave it to my boyfriend to use. It had 3 peices of DLC with it, and he bought the year one pass that same day. He got a warning that he already owned some of the DLC included in the year one pass, and steam gave him the option to back out of the purchase. The only way that would be bypassed, is if the DLC was purchased outside of steam.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry OP, that's how it works with bundles.

 

I recently bought Europa Universalis IV and later found a pack with the base game and a load of DLC included - effectively, the second purchase I accepted that I already owned some of the content and was paying for the remainder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Normal price is about $30 so you rather should return some content 😄

11.99 eur is the new base price for the S3/S4 pack!

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

11.99 eur is the new base price for the S3/S4 pack!

Too low for the content. They shouldn't do sales. It's dumb and lower the brand name.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking recently if stages are not licensed, they have many ads. If they have income from it it could make sense to show as many ads as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

To be fair, and I said this on the steam forums also. Steam gives a warning about any DLC already owned while buying one of the bigger packs, and asks if you want to continue with the purchase. I know this for a fact, as I got a second code for DR2.0 from Humble Bundle with the humble choice monthly sub, and gave it to my boyfriend to use. It had 3 peices of DLC with it, and he bought the year one pass that same day. He got a warning that he already owned some of the DLC included in the year one pass, and steam gave him the option to back out of the purchase. The only way that would be bypassed, is if the DLC was purchased outside of steam.

certainly, in fact, I was notified before the purchase. I was warned that the 4 items I already owned would not have been downloaded twice .... a very useful warning indeed 😏

Edited by AyrtonForever70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

I was thinking recently if stages are not licensed, they have many ads. If they have income from it it could make sense to show as many ads as possible.

WHAT!?

I H A T E ads. If they start to flood ads in their games, I stop buying/playing them. A few here and there on the side of the track for realism is ok, but nothing more.

I fear the day, when they start putting ads before title screen, in loading screens etc. We are not far away from that with these disgusting game pass garbage.

Sorry, but I rage everytime I hear "ads", "game as a service", "subscriptions" and so on.

6 hours ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

certainly, in fact, I was notified before the purchase. I was warned that the 4 items I already owned would not have been downloaded twice .... a very useful warning indeed 😏

And logic came not in mind at this point at the latest? I don't wanna be rude, but this was just not a very smart move from you. Assuming you automatically pay less in a fixed bundle is just...not clever. Especially if it's not mentioned anywhere you would pay less. And get warned for paying twice.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

WHAT!?

I H A T E ads. If they start to flood ads in their games, I stop buying/playing them. A few here and there on the side of the track for realism is ok, but nothing more.

I fear the day, when they start putting ads before title screen, in loading screens etc. We are not far away from that with these disgusting game pass garbage.

Sorry, but I rage everytime I hear "ads", "game as a service", "subscriptions" and so on.

And logic came not in mind at this point at the latest? I don't wanna be rude, but this was just not a very smart move from you. Assuming you automatically pay less in a fixed bundle is just...not clever. Especially if it's not mentioned anywhere you would pay less. And get warned for paying twice.

in rf2 you don't pay twice items....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

in rf2 you don't pay twice items....

yeah, and when you do, it is very clear that you are getting a discount and it tells you how much you're saving. but you did not notice, and now you have come to complain here? just ask steam for a refund if you don't like it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ianism said:

yeah, and when you do, it is very clear that you are getting a discount and it tells you how much you're saving. but you did not notice, and now you have come to complain here? just ask steam for a refund if you don't like it.

if you read more carefully you may understand that I am not complaining and I did not say that I did not like what I purchased but I am asking for explanations on the official Codemasters forum to know why their policy provides for the double payment of products. they did not answer me, but the most curious thing is that users seem to have no problems with this, indeed they take contemptuous attitudes towards those who notice the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

WHAT!?

I H A T E ads. If they start to flood ads in their games, I stop buying/playing them. A few here and there on the side of the track for realism is ok, but nothing more.

I fear the day, when they start putting ads before title screen, in loading screens etc. We are not far away from that with these disgusting game pass garbage.

Sorry, but I rage everytime I hear "ads", "game as a service", "subscriptions" and so on.

Same here. What is your opinion? I don't know ads from Horizon but DR2 stages are full of not faked ads. It's not that good.

I block all web ads so I am not ad fan at all 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

if you read more carefully you may understand that I am not complaining and I did not say that I did not like what I purchased but I am asking for explanations on the official Codemasters forum to know why their policy provides for the double payment of products. they did not answer me, but the most curious thing is that users seem to have no problems with this, indeed they take contemptuous attitudes towards those who notice the problem.

an internet forum like this isn't the place to ask a company why their bundle policy for steam is the way it is though (or any financial stuff in general). it's a place to discuss the game itself, or discuss (aka hypothesize about) the financial side of things ourselves. CM (or whichever company it is) will never respond to you on here. to me, that's obvious, and is something I would expect in any forum, but I guess that's not the case for everyone.

there was contempt directed at you because we (if I may speak for the others here) think it is silly a) to complain about getting a bundle-discount when you are already getting a massive discount on the full item, since the price for the thing you got was recently reduced by ~60% and b) that that you went ahead with the purchase even though it is very clear in the steam store when you are or are not getting a discount for previously purchased items.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

in rf2 you don't pay twice items....

And? Different company.

6 hours ago, AyrtonForever70 said:

if you read more carefully you may understand that I am not complaining and I did not say that I did not like what I purchased but I am asking for explanations on the official Codemasters forum to know why their policy provides for the double payment of products. they did not answer me, but the most curious thing is that users seem to have no problems with this, indeed they take contemptuous attitudes towards those who notice the problem.

Err...it really looks like complaining to me. I think, their is no reduced price, because it's a) already reduced by itself and b) probably easier this way.
I think it looks very greedy to ask for a reduced price for an already reduced bundle. I bought all the DLC Day-1 full price, because it was worth it. Yes, @HoksuHoo...WORTH IT! 😘

But yes, I know, not everyone can afford stuff like this for full price. Don't wanna say anything against buying things reduced.

5 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Same here. What is your opinion? I don't know ads from Horizon but DR2 stages are full of not faked ads. It's not that good.

I block all web ads so I am not ad fan at all 😄

Forza Horizon 4 is my new nemesis 😅
The game changed hard from a cool open world-racer to a disgusting hipster Fortnite-casual-garbage-racer. I played the game from launch until mid-december, when I completely stopped. The game does not have "classic" ads, but the whole game itself is an ad for itself. You get permanently new things advertised like this Eliminator-Mode I don't wanna play, but still get ads for it. Same in GTA Online and Red Dead Online. The publishers/developers are very aggressive these days when it comes to get you play the stuff THEY want you to play, not what YOU want to play.

And it's only the beginning. It will get worse in the next years when developers try to find more and more aggressive ways to catch you. Really annoying.

The ads in DR2.0 are nothing against that. Just passive banners on the roadside. Ads to the realism, because it's the same in RL. Would I prefer a completey clean, natural stage? Of course. But I understand the point here having them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should anyone pay for content twice over.

Theres only one winner there.

Someone said there were sales .so I rushed online to buy the last bit of content I need season 3/4 on the ps4 .

Only to find theres no sales  season 1/2 WAS IN SALE several months ago £9.99

So you would think at some point season 3/4 would be in a sale .nope.

Only sales is 1/2/3/4 £15.99.

Season 3/4. £19.99

So why has season 3/4 never ever been in a sale like 1/2

I already have season 1/2 so why would I buy content again that I already own . 

And why is it people then jump on you to label you that you're complaining .

This forum is here for everyone and hopefully codemasters read these and put season 3/4 in a sale to complete people's game content. 

And yes the content in sale only relates to steam not on ps4. 

Just incase anyone gets excited and rush to buy the last needed bit of content. 

Edited by senna94f1
Dont label people it's judgemental lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

And why is it people then jump on you to label you that you're complaining

Steam gives you a pop up warning before completing the purchase of a DLC bundle, if you already own some of the DLC in that bundle. So the original poster had all the oppertunity and prewarning that they was about to buy the same content twice, with the added chance of backing out of the purchase entirely.

Season 3/4 should be included in sales by now, on all platforms, I agree. But codemasters obviously think otherwise at this moment in times. It is up to them to decide afterall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Why should anyone pay for content twice over.

Theres only one winner there.

Someone said there were sales .so I rushed online to buy the last bit of content I need season 3/4 on the ps4 .

Only to find theres no sales  season 1/2 WAS IN SALE several months ago £9.99

So you would think at some point season 3/4 would be in a sale .nope.

Only sales is 1/2/3/4 £15.99.

Season 3/4. £19.99

So why has season 3/4 never ever been in a sale like 1/2

I already have season 1/2 so why would I buy content again that I already own . 

And why is it people then jump on you to label you that you're complaining .

This forum is here for everyone and hopefully codemasters read these and put season 3/4 in a sale to complete people's game content. 

And yes the content in sale only relates to steam not on ps4. 

Just incase anyone gets excited and rush to buy the last needed bit of content. 

maybe you should have read the original post, because what you are talking about is not what OP is unhappy with. this is because the prices on steam for all of these things changed again, about a week ago. go look at them before making an irrelevant comment here please, since OP purchased the S3/4 pack at the new (incredibly low) price point. here's the price history: https://steamdb.info/sub/388930/ https://steamdb.info/sub/388533/

edit: and here are current prices:

image.png.bfbe16a91bd7ce98fd7f336a77ddc843.png

for the record, I bought the Year 1 pass a couple of weeks ago when I saw that the price was below the S3/4 pack. the prices for both Year 1 and S3/4 then went down even further (Y1 temporarily, S3/4 permanently), quite a lot less than what I paid. I'm not thrilled with that, but whatever, I made the best decision I could at the time and I'm not going to make a topic about it because it's nobody fault.

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Why should anyone pay for content twice over.

Theres only one winner there.

Someone said there were sales .so I rushed online to buy the last bit of content I need season 3/4 on the ps4 .

Only to find theres no sales  season 1/2 WAS IN SALE several months ago £9.99

So you would think at some point season 3/4 would be in a sale .nope.

Only sales is 1/2/3/4 £15.99.

Season 3/4. £19.99

So why has season 3/4 never ever been in a sale like 1/2

I already have season 1/2 so why would I buy content again that I already own . 

And why is it people then jump on you to label you that you're complaining .

This forum is here for everyone and hopefully codemasters read these and put season 3/4 in a sale to complete people's game content. 

And yes the content in sale only relates to steam not on ps4. 

Just incase anyone gets excited and rush to buy the last needed bit of content. 

maybe you should have read the original post, because what you are talking about is not what OP is unhappy with. this is because the prices on steam for all of these things changed again, about a week ago. go look at them before making an irrelevant comment here please, since OP purchased the S3/4 pack at the new (incredibly low) price point. here's the price history: https://steamdb.info/sub/388930/ https://steamdb.info/sub/388533/

edit: here are the current prices:

image.png.bfbe16a91bd7ce98fd7f336a77ddc843.png

so yeah, S3/4 has still never been on sale. but the new base price is 61% off the original one.

for the record, I bought the Year 1 pass a couple of weeks ago when I saw that the price was below the S3/4 pack. the prices for both Year 1 and S3/4 then went down even further (Y1 temporarily, S3/4 permanently), quite a lot less than what I paid. I'm not thrilled with that, but whatever, I made the best decision I could at the time and I'm moving on because it is nobody's fault.

Edited by ianism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Forza Horizon 4 is my new nemesis 😅

The game changed hard from a cool open world-racer to a disgusting hipster Fortnite-casual-garbage-racer. I played the game from launch until mid-december, when I completely stopped. The game does not have "classic" ads, but the whole game itself is an ad for itself. You get permanently new things advertised like this Eliminator-Mode I don't wanna play, but still get ads for it. Same in GTA Online and Red Dead Online. The publishers/developers are very aggressive these days when it comes to get you play the stuff THEY want you to play, not what YOU want to play.

And it's only the beginning. It will get worse in the next years when developers try to find more and more aggressive ways to catch you. Really annoying.

The ads in DR2.0 are nothing against that. Just passive banners on the roadside. Ads to the realism, because it's the same in RL. Would I prefer a completey clean, natural stage? Of course. But I understand the point here having them.

That's true, I have the same feeling for many months. The release was completely fine but then everything bad started 😄 For instance, the playlist is so dumb. I bought open world game to do what I want. I know exactly what I need to have fun. It's sad but currently I am rather happy. I do PR stunts and I am best from my friends and club. I do racing against AI which is pretty good. And many other stuff but don't care what PG wants.

It's a Game pass seller and they need it for it. I play every day so it's not that bad. The game is so good to not to play it 😄 But still I currently mix it with Dirt rally 2, because it's a masterpiece too.

OK, if we compare real ads with Forza forced playing, it's probably better 😄 And yeah, clear or faked ads are the best options for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad .

But my opinion is still the same. 

There are 2 separate posts about this and I replied back in wrong one .

But I still stand by what it said .why do you have to pay for content twice.

And I also have steam 

But that's regardless of wether it's on steam or ps4. 

Sales should be across the board. 

Sales on ps4 , work it out there strange sales marketing.

Full game ultimate grid ,. £21;24 . Sale 19/02/20 to 04/03/20,

       Ultimate upgrade,.    £24.99, from standard game to ultimate,

full standard grid ,.           £17.24 ,.  Sale 19/02/20 to 04/03/20,

season   1,                       £9.99,

season   2,                       £9.99,

codemasters pricing structure,

Dirt rally 2.0  is even worse, they put certain parts up for sale knowing full well that they won't put the othe part in a sale, slightly underhanded, no matter I got codemasters to buy PCARS 2  ,

 

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×