DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

[PC] Freezing and crashing

Hi, I installed the game last week, i play with G29, and my game froze and crashed with patch 1.2, and still freezing and crashing with 1.21 on windows 7, GTX 750Ti, 16 GB RAM.

My game ALWAYS freeze and crash after few laps 3-7. The image has frozen and i need to do a CTL+ALT+DEL to go in task manager, and to kick F1 2019 from applications...

Game mode: championship solo: i cant finnish the first race, Melbourne.... Always freezing and crashing... I could go to lap 9 just 1 time...

It freeze in TIME TRIAL too... after few laps...

I didn't test the other mods, i am noob driver, and need to learn.

Need help...

@mchriss @SpeedyJB,

If you are looking to report an issue, please copy the questions from the reporting template in the below and answer

We recommend copying this and filling it out with the questions alongside it so CM staff and other users can see the problems you are having

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
3.       Game-mode? 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, diagnose and hopefully help solve your issue. It also helps our Moderators find appropriate tags and other members recommend their ideas based on their experiences.

Please add the questions in your post too so I can see everything in one place. Without this, I don't have the necessary information 

8 hours ago, mchriss said:

I have this same issue, and run windows 10. Game is un-playable.

Do you have GTX750Ti?

1- The screen freeze at random time, sound of engine is freezing too (OMG). The game is blocked...

2- Version 2.1

3- Career, on the first race... cant finnish the race, freeze /crash between lap 3-8 at melbourne race.

Freeze in time trial too after few laps.

4- Dont know, i changed graphic settings at the lowest, but the problem is the same. THe only solution is to go in task manager and kill F1 2019 in process...

5- I cant finnish the first race, and i had several crashed during free test and qualifications...

6- ?

7- I use G29

8- No screenshots or video...

And today for the first and only time i had the message: Direct3d has been removed (0x887A0005), but here, it simply crahed and return to windows with this error message...

Edited by SpeedyJB

6 minutes ago, SpeedyJB said:

1- The screen freeze at random time, sound of engine is freezing too (OMG). The game is blocked...

2- Version 2.1

3- Career, on the first race... cant finnish the race, freeze /crash between lap 3-8 at melbourne race.

Freeze in time trial too after few laps.

4- Dont know, i changed graphic settings at the lowest, but the problem is the same. THe only solution is to go in task manager and kill F1 2019 in process...

5- I cant finnish the first race, and i had several crashed during free test and qualifications...

6- ?

7- I use G29

8- No screenshots or video...

And today for the first and only time i had the message: Direct3d has been removed (0x887A0005), but here, it simply crahed and return to windows with this error message...

With number 6 @SpeedyJB, can you try some of the troubleshooting in the attached? 

Also, can you post a DXDiag when possible, how to do that is in this post. Please post as an attached so it doesn't take up 3 pages on the thread 😄 

• Agree 1

OK thank you BarryBL, concerning 6, i did every thing told in the Faya's technical assistance thread.

I checked the integrity of F1 2019 in steam, it is ok, and i just send you informations needed at community(AT)codemasters.com.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by SpeedyJB
added dxdiag

Hello 

I have the same issue, here you have my answers and my dxdiag

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I don't have any code here, the just just freeze and crash, I was playing the Championship solo starting the training in Australia but couldn't finish the race

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Patch 1.22

3.       Game-mode? 

Championship mode (solo)

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

No, The issue is random, I can't finish the first race (Australia) after 3 attempts, firts the game crashed at the beginning of the race, second at the end of the race and 3th, middle

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

Yes, in the first race i had 3 crashes in different situations of the same race 

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

I tried to update my windows and nvidia drivers but no luck, i have the last updates in my computer 

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Yes I use Wheel Logitech G29

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

No i don't have

DxDiag.txt

On 2/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, SpeedyJB said:

OK thank you BarryBL, concerning 6, i did every thing told in the Faya's technical assistance thread.

I checked the integrity of F1 2019 in steam, it is ok, and i just send you informations needed at community(AT)codemasters.com.

DxDiag.txt

Windows 7 is unsupported OS. Please update to Windows 10 for free!

I promise to analyse your dxdiag if you upgrade.

Hi,

I had same crash problem, but today I tried to modify graphics detail from very high to high, and the issue is solved.

12 hours ago, Artorio said:

Hi,

I had same crash problem, but today I tried to modify graphics detail from very high to high, and the issue is solved.

1.22 is supposed to alter the Vehicle Reflections settings from Ultra High preset = High preset.

If you can go back to the Ultra High and try turning things down to match High 1 by 1 then post a dxdiag, it might be useful to the devs to see if other settings need attention (not downgrading but some of the effects coding against different driver releases).

• Like 1