DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

May 2019 : "this is the first big update to the FFB, it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further"

PJTierney
On 2/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, Ialyrn said:

Their priorities changed, nothing more and nothing less. It happens in game development. 

This is a reasonable assumption.

Now that we're nearing the end of DiRT Rally 2.0's content release schedule I think it's safe to say that Force Feedback will be staying as it is for this title.

Player input has had benefits in other ways though, like all the feedback about device configuration made its way into GRID, and will likely influence future titles too.

Message added by PJTierney

DiRT Rally 2.0 Road Book – 16/05/19
By Christina @xtinaistyping · On May 16, 2019

"We want to give a huge thanks to the entire community for their feedback and patience while we’ve looked into implementing these changes – especially to those of you who’ve taken the time to come back to us with incredibly useful, nuanced feedback about your FFB experiences. It’s worth mentioning that while this is the first big update to the FFB, it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. Please – let us know what you think."

WE ARE IN FEBRUARY 2020, nothing more has been made about the FFB ! Is it planned to be updated for Dirt rally 3.0 ?

Edited by KolysioN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rallycameraman said:

There’s nothing wrong with it. 

with a gamepad....

it’s worth mentioning that while this is the first big update to the FFB, it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

FFB is subjective. I feel it's adequate on gravel but it's too vague on tarmac. Then again, tarmac needs other attention before FFB. 

No Koly, don't count on any FFB refinement in DR2. That ship sailed a long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 2/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, bogani said:

FFB is subjective. I feel it's adequate on gravel but it's too vague on tarmac. Then again, tarmac needs other attention before FFB. 

No Koly, don't count on any FFB refinement in DR2. That ship sailed a long time ago. 

so they have LIED ?

Can we have the official Codemasters answer "WE HAVE LIED", and can we have a discount like -50% for the next Dirt rally 3 for this lie for compensation ?

Edited by KolysioN
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Their priorities changed, nothing more and nothing less. It happens in game development. As nice as it would be for an explanation, they dont exactly have to give us all one if they dont want to. But if you want an official answer to this question, its always best to tag a member of staff, it highlights the thread on their radar, and is more likely going to gain an official response then. Not guaranteed mind you, its just increases the chances.

@PJTierneymight be able to help.

• Agree 2

Le FFB est incomplet, il manque les deux paramètres grisés dans les menus de réglage FFB que sont le glissement des pneus et le moteur.

Si vous voulez vous en convaincre il suffit de retourner sur Dirt Rally 1 et mettre ces deux paramètres sur 0 et vous obtenez les sensations de Dirt Rally 2.0 avec l'ancienne physique.

Il m'est impossible de prendre du plaisir en l'absence de ces ressentis qui apportent une grande immersion à la simulation de conduite, on ne ressens la route que via les suspensions...

Dans le premier opus nous ressentions beaucoup mieux les pertes d'adhérence, dérapages et patinage, les voitures se délester sur les bosses, petits sauts et dénivelés ainsi que le régime moteur.

Ces sensations sont inexistante dans Dirt 2.0 et il est incroyable que la communauté ne s'en rende pas compte.

Bientôt un an que ce jeu est sorti, je trouve cela honteux et inadmissible, je suis extrêmement déçu.

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Their priorities changed, nothing more and nothing less. It happens in game development. 

This is a reasonable assumption.

Now that we're nearing the end of DiRT Rally 2.0's content release schedule I think it's safe to say that Force Feedback will be staying as it is for this title.

Player input has had benefits in other ways though, like all the feedback about device configuration made its way into GRID, and will likely influence future titles too.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

About the compensation ? I call this a false announce to attract people and to sell more copies (=scam)

Edited by KolysioN
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 2

18 minutes ago, KolysioN said:

About the compensation ? I call this a false announce to attact people and to sell more copies (=scam)

What you talking about? Codies have updated the game for more than a year. Other things had priority than optimizing the FFB. I haven't heard a long time people requesting improvement of FFB.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 2/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, KolysioN said:

It’s worth mentioning that while this is the first big update to the FFB, it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. Please – let us know what you think."

The key word is plan. this is not a guarantee things will change. In english, saying you are "planning on doing something" does not at all mean you will do it.

also, the feedback from players was positive, so this was probably added to the list of things that were "imperfect, but good enough" that they would take a look at again later if there was time.  there clearly wasn't time.

4 hours ago, KolysioN said:

About the compensation ? I call this a false announce to attact people and to sell more copies (=scam)

someone is asking for compensation? unless this is a mistranslation, I think we have an entitled gamer alert...

and I'm pretty sure there weren't thousands of gamers who only bought the game after the ffb was improved and they believed CM was promising to improve it more lol

On 2/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, elura11 said:

Le FFB est incomplet, il manque les deux paramètres grisés dans les menus de réglage FFB que sont le glissement des pneus et le moteur.

Si vous voulez vous en convaincre il suffit de retourner sur Dirt Rally 1 et mettre ces deux paramètres sur 0 et vous obtenez les sensations de Dirt Rally 2.0 avec l'ancienne physique.

Il m'est impossible de prendre du plaisir en l'absence de ces ressentis qui apportent une grande immersion à la simulation de conduite, on ne ressens la route que via les suspensions...

Dans le premier opus nous ressentions beaucoup mieux les pertes d'adhérence, dérapages et patinage, les voitures se délester sur les bosses, petits sauts et dénivelés ainsi que le régime moteur.

Ces sensations sont inexistante dans Dirt 2.0 et il est incroyable que la communauté ne s'en rende pas compte.

Bientôt un an que ce jeu est sorti, je trouve cela honteux et inadmissible, je suis extrêmement déçu.

you have two posts in this forum. if you wanted things to be changed, you could have posted here 9 months ago.

en plus, la langue qu'on utilise ici est anglais. ceci est parce que c'est la deuxième ou troisième langue du majorité des gens ici. si tu veux que les gens t'écoutent, apprends-le ou utilise google translate. // in addition, the language we use here is english. this is because it's the 2nd or 3rd language of the majority of people here. if you want people to listen to you, learn it or use google translate.

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

What you talking about? Codies have updated the game for more than a year. Other things had priority than optimizing the FFB. I haven't heard a long time people requesting improvement of FFB.

it's cause codemasters has annouced

it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. 

definitely
/ˈdɛfɪnətli/
adverb

1. without doubt (used for emphasis).

scam

(skæm  )

A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax.
    A stratagem for gain; a swindle

it's DEFINITELY a SCAM what codemasters did. It was just to clarify what delveloppers they are.
    Thanks all.

Edited by KolysioN
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

'Sigh' Its not a scam, just a change in decision. Do I like that they changed their minds about improving the force feedback more like they promised, Hell no I dont!
I wanted the FFB to be tweaked more also, to have more information and to have better tarmac feel. But priorities change all the time for games developers, its a fact of life.
But lets not kid ourselves here. Its not like the force feedback currently in the game isnt working as intended. Its a lot better than it was at release, and provides more than enough information to still get the job done.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

They would change it based on community feedback. As far as I know that was pretty minimal. 

I do recall Christina mentioned that they would check on the feedback provided and make changes as necessary.  And well I guess the changes to be made were not significant when they saw the other things to fix.  Don't think they were trying to deceive anyone.  🤗

Please remember also that there was a lot of indecision from the community on WHAT changes should be made, if any.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 5

15 hours ago, KolysioN said:

it's cause codemasters has annonuced

it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further. 

you are reading the sentence wrong. "definitely a work in progress" means that CM does not consider it to be something they are 100% satisfied with. "plan to refine the feeling further" means they want to make it better but are not 100% sure that they will. 

there's no scam lol the people who were working on ffb had to stop working on other stuff for the game in order to modify and test it 9-10 months ago, and they had other stuff to do which was more important, so ffb lost priority. it says something that the only other person who seems to agree with you is someone with three total posts who tries to insult my family when he has nothing else to say.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

This is why developers usually are very hesitant to speak out too much, because whatever they say, part of the community will perceive as a 'promise'. In this particular case she said "planning", which I'm sure they did. But anyone who's familiar with game developing knows that plans can and will drastically change along the way. Fires have to be put out to left and right and resources will have to be moved around. 

• Agree 5

One day you'll experience a real scam and realise how utterly ridiculous your posts on here sound @KolysioN

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rallycameraman said:

Honestly what is wrong with some people?

Sorry, I try to be normal 😽

• Haha 1

@KolysioN Unfortunatly for you, we have interacted a fair bit in the past year over on the steam forums, and I have a very good memory in regards to dicussions I have had with you directly, and threads I have read that you have posted in. And since you want to play games on here, scream about "scams" in regards to the force feedback with Dirt Rally 2.0, and downvote people for disagreeing with you. Let me just remind you of the kind of things you have said on the Steam forums about the Force Feedback within the past year.

Koly.png.0fecc4341b59b319a5dc098901d7e7ab.png

And then there is this gem from this thread on the steam forums, aptly named " who is satisfied with the ffb? " - https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/1631916406852288332/

Koly2.png.347539c8eb2c4bea9e9870828977c0d7.png

@PJTierney

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Ffb is still.rubbish compared to dr1

Edited by Pearlo
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Hang on, so let me get this right. The OP has coming here to complain that he is dissatisfied and seeking recompense, when actually...

8 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Koly2.png.347539c8eb2c4bea9e9870828977c0d7.png

...he is completely satisfied with the product?

There is a word for that isn't there? Oh yeah, I got it:

On 2/23/2020 at 5:42 PM, KolysioN said:

1. scam

(skæm  )

A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax.
    A stratagem for gain; a swindle

Codemasters and the contributors in this thread now all demand compensation for your attempted deception @KolysioN. That's how it works, right?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 1