Sign in to follow this  

I've been your DiRT community manager for the last two years - Ask Me Anything

Pinowrc said:
Thanks for replying me...not ! :neutral: 
I expect Lee is fed up of being asked the exact same question, when all people need to do is to read a little bit, and they'll get their answer!

@justbiglee 
When did you go to your first rally?  What got you to like it?  What's your favorite moment in the sport outside of Codemasters?  

@justbiglee 
When did you go to your first rally?  What got you to like it?  What's your favorite moment in the sport outside of Codemasters?  

Working with both Paul and Jon, what would you rather do drive or copilot?  

1.Will be more Pikes Peak tracks or this one in Colorado its the only one. I know it has tarmac and tarmac/dirt version of it?
2. Currently we have 3 location in game and 3 coming up later. Will you make more locations if players want it to or make more stages for locations that are already ingame?
3.Will you add rain in to Greece?
4.Will you add people that will run pass road like in DiRT 3? I know there is some animal in DiRT Rally already which do this ;d 
5.How many rallycross tracks and cars will include Rallycross pack?

That's all for today. Thanks for answering these questions ;)

Just one thing.Is there any plan for Mini WRC to be 2011 or 2012 spec and Fiesta to be 2015 spec?

What are your opinions on the British style hill climb sport personally, and with regards to implementation in the game..
Do you think the short length of the tracks is not in fitting with the game?
Or in fact that it wouldnt be efficient use of time building such short stages?

Pinowrc said:
I expect Lee is fed up of being asked the exact same question, when all people need to do is to read a little bit, and they'll get their answer!
Because this topic was almost new, I thought none had already asked. Sorry my bad, I should have checked all posts first. 

Pinowrc said:
Sorry dude, it wasn't on purpose I thought I had. Regarding PS4 that's up to you guys really. If people want it they need to kick off and make as much noise as possible to let us know. It would be really interesting to hear if you'd like us to do anything different for a PS4 version too

mesa said:
@justbiglee What car you have got?
I currently own a Renault Clio but I got bored of it because it's slow and French so I just ordered a new Fiesta ST in bright orange :D 

gfRally said:
@justbiglee 
Wales Rally GB in 2013 with the DiRT Team was my first it was good fun if not a little soggy. When ever I drive through Sweet Lamb in game I'm like "I stood there".

Sport moment would maybe be Thierry Neuville having to fill his radiator up with Corona to keep the car going.

I'd like to say it is the famous battle of Colin Vs Burns that came right down to the wire - which is an awesome story that I love but couldn't really class it as a memory (because it's more of a story to now to me) if that makes any sense?

Job3kk said:
1.Will be more Pikes Peak tracks or this one in Colorado its the only one. I know it has tarmac and tarmac/dirt version of it?
2. Currently we have 3 location in game and 3 coming up later. Will you make more locations if players want it to or make more stages for locations that are already ingame?
4.Will you add people that will run pass road like in DiRT 3? I know there is some animal in DiRT Rally already which do this ;d 

1) well there is only one Pikes Peak but we are adding the mixed surface and full tarmac versions if that makes sense?

2) Depends what people want and how successful the game is. Adding more stage to the ones we have is easier and quicker than building a whole new location.

3) Does it even rain in Greece :P ? Do you want it to? If so drop it in the suggestion box and we'll see how many others like the idea

4) I wold love us too, again pop it in the suggestion box if its something you want.

5) I'm keeping that stuff close to my chest for now, you'll have to see what I let slip between now and then ;)

macebig said:
Just one thing.Is there any plan for Mini WRC to be 2011 or 2012 spec and Fiesta to be 2015 spec?
I can't really talk about cars that aren't licensed yet sorry - its the only thing I can't really talk about until things are signed. I don't think we're planning on another Mini (we already have two) though.

austinb said:
What are your opinions on the British style hill climb sport personally, and with regards to implementation in the game..
It doesn't really tend to be the same kind of thing in the UK as it is in the USA, British style hillclimb (ones that I've seen atleast) tend to be more for street/performance or classic cars. Not really a "rally" thing if that makes sense?

I dunno to be honest... what do you think? Would it fit?

macebig said:
I can't really talk about cars that aren't licensed yet sorry - its the only thing I can't really talk about until things are signed. I don't think we're planning on another Mini (we already have two) though.

Sorry lets make myself clear.What I asked is if the two WRC cars currently in game will be updated so as the Countryman changes from the prototype and become the actual racecar and if the Fiesta will be changed from 2011 to the latest spec.If there are licensing issues into updating cars already in the game its fine with me.And by the way it rains quite in Greece just not in the summer months when Acropolis takes place most of the times.Thanks in advance.

austinb said:
It doesn't really tend to be the same kind of thing in the UK as it is in the USA, British style hillclimb (ones that I've seen atleast) tend to be more for street/performance or classic cars. Not really a "rally" thing if that makes sense?

I dunno to be honest... what do you think? Would it fit?
JUST LIKE all rally here in the US, it's a bit different :)

oh boy there I go again..   I know I know put it in the suggestion box.. 

Job3kk said:

3) Does it even rain in Greece :P ? Do you want it to? If so drop it in the suggestion box and we'll see how many others like the idea

Yes it does. I'm currently in Rhodes and we had a whole night of rain/thunderstorms on Monday 

What about this photo? Can we expect these cars in the future? Will be OOOSOM.
http://puu.sh/hOuGG/fe6a46dfb4.jpg 

macebig said:

macebig said:

Sorry lets make myself clear.What I asked is if the two WRC cars currently in game will be updated so as the Countryman changes from the prototype and become the actual racecar and if the Fiesta will be changed from 2011 to the latest spec.If there are licensing issues into updating cars already in the game its fine with me.And by the way it rains quite in Greece just not in the summer months when Acropolis takes place most of the times.Thanks in advance.
They would still need to acquire the licenses because they are different versions of the cars they have licenses for.

Questions
1. How will the AI race in the game? Or when you race will they be a ghost AI? Thanks!

2. Can the Physics of Dirt rally be as complex like in Project cars? The physics of just their tires are very complex! I am thinking if it can help project be almost real i think it could help Dirt rally too! :smile:

When it will be fixed the problem with changing the livery on cars with a gamepad or steering wheel?With keyboard i can change it but  when i play with a steering wheel i cant change it(i pressed all the button's that exist).I heard that a lot of people have this issue.

Job3kk said:
What about this photo? Can we expect these cars in the future? Will be OOOSOM.
http://puu.sh/hOuGG/fe6a46dfb4.jpg 

That was our wishlist/something to just brighten the office up a bit. It's unlikely we'll get all of those cars in but we should finish with a pretty big selection still :)

When it will be fixed the problem with changing the livery on cars with a gamepad or steering wheel?With keyboard i can change it but  when i play with a steering wheel i cant change it(i pressed all the button's that exist).I heard that a lot of people have this issue.
Have you tried the paddle shifters? Which wheel are you using?