Sign in to follow this  

I've been your DiRT community manager for the last two years - Ask Me Anything

How much credits should we have saved up to be able to purchase a hillclimb car when the next update is launched?

When rallycross gets here, I assume there will be some modern rallycross cars to race, but will we also get classic Group B converted cars too? Or will we be using the stock group B cars perhaps?

austinb said:
When rallycross gets here, I assume there will be some modern rallycross cars to race, but will we also get classic Group B converted cars too? Or will we be using the stock group B cars perhaps?
I hope I can take on the RX circuits in the RWD cars aswell.

bogani said:
austinb said:
I hope I can take on the RX circuits in the RWD cars aswell.
yeah I hope so, what im really asking is if they will make group b based rallyx cars like were used in the 80s/90s irl

I honestly hope they prioritise the modern cars over the classic. Call me crazy but i'm getting tired of seeing Group B everywhere

yes id prefer the modern ones too to start, but i think its almost certain we will get modern cars so was wondering about the older ones

I'd assume that we will be using the same style Rallyx cars from DiRT 3.
So you think they will mix modern and group b style together?

austinb said:
I'd assume that we will be using the same style Rallyx cars from DiRT 3.
So you think they will mix modern and group b style together?
Pretty sure that DiRT 3 had two Rallyx disciplines, one for the group b's and the other for the newer cars.

im sure they raced them all together i thought, they did for online at least

I'm sure you could put both together. Just as you could do both classic and modern trailblazer together

but they wont really be competitive together realistically (not that i really know how they compare)

@justbiglee Any chance you guys can add this song/video again when Colin's birthday comes around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ofq7N4UnU

justbiglee, my question is, why the official DiRT Rally league is running but no prizes were given? I tried posting it in the league thread but it seems closed. 

Bluestig said:
Does licensing restrict car damage?
Yeah but that's true of all car games. The short version is most manufacturers don't want people smashing their cars/brand up. Which is totally fine. We can't do anything that a car wouldn't do in the real world but then there are limitations too. As a loose rule we're not allowed to smash any further in than the engine block but that differs from car to car.

Personally I think we're one of the best at damage, try and mess a car up in Forza (or any other game) and its rare that you'll be able to smash them up more than you can in one of our games   
I think they could use some improvement.

I posted this, nothing here is TOO violent other than the fire, which I am sure is not allowed (obvious reasons) :

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6232/improvement-damage-model-should-be-improved#latest

If all else, dust/smoke/gravel flying around could be improved, like in my post.  I do understand the time it probably takes to implement with proper physics, etc. 

@justbiglee Does Codemasters have a target figure for DiRT rally for it to be a hit or not?
The money men will yes (I don't know what it is) but as far as I'm concerned it's a hit already, I'd like to think you guys agree with me on that.
Consoles versions confirmed ;)

For how long has Dirt Rally been in development before it hit early access?

And also, I know it varies a lot, but on average, how much work/hours does it take to make 1 stage? ( Personally want more unique stages in countries rather than 1 location you drive on the same roads over and over)

Will more tracks to existing countries be added?

For how long has Dirt Rally been in development before it hit early access?

And also, I know it varies a lot, but on average, how much work/hours does it take to make 1 stage? ( Personally want more unique stages in countries rather than 1 location you drive on the same roads over and over)

Will more tracks to existing countries be added?
It's had various guises over the years but years, longer than I've been at Codies.

Stages-  it depends on the stage, its the biggest task we have in the game by a long way.

I'm thinking of locking this thread off tomorrow y'all so if you've anymore to ask me about the last two years speak now or forever hold your peace.

We'll do another one soon.

Is any car from the French company that was on the cover for CMR 04 in the works?