Car Tuning in Multiplayer, More Community-Requested Additions in Next Update

Hey everyone,

Whilst Season 2 for GRID has only just hit the track, we’re already looking towards the future – and looking at how to keep up the pace with GRID by listening to you, the players. On top of headline-grabbing content like new cars and circuits, we’ve continuously made tweaks and additions to the game that directly address hot topics within our community.

Ahead of the next Season of content will be a free update for GRID. Alongside the usual technical tweaks and optimisations, we’re adding a clutch of new features that are the result of feedback and requests for players.

First up, in the next update we’ll be adding an area in GRID’s profile section, that allows each player to view their own in-game statistics and accolades. Included in this area will be the total distance you have driven in the game – something that’ll come in handy to track that infamous ‘Around The Globe’ Achievement/Trophy we devilishly included…

Next up: Cleaning your car. Whilst all cars in GRID are intentionally slightly scuffed and scratched in areas, to show their battle scars and the game’s action-packed nature, we’ve heard the requests to give your garage a squeaky-clean look. So, before each race event in the vehicle select menu, you’ll have the option to clean your car, if you wish.

We’ve also spoken to plenty of GRID racers about the game’s car tuning options. Whilst the feedback around the variety and accessibility of the tuning system has been great, players have asked to have this option in Multiplayer, as well as the single-player modes. From the next update, all players will now be able to adjust their car’s tuning setup, whenever they’re in Skirmish. It’s another way for all players to prove their worth against the world and adds some more depth into the Multiplayer experience.

Speaking of Achievements and Trophies, we have some more good news. We’ve heard the requests from players to add more of these based around post-launch content, and are working hard to add extra Achievements/Trophies to GRID, for all platforms, when the next Season of content drops. These new achievements would be split up to cover all three of GRID’s Seasons, so you’ll have scenarios and objectives to hit based around the new cars and circuits added to the game since launch. Closer to the new Season’s drop, we’ll have full details on this addition.

Each of these additions are the continuation of prioritising player feedback to further improve GRID – the driving factor behind other new features, such as Session Search the option to extend race lengths in Career mode. That’s alongside 10 cars, two circuits, and other new additions since launch.

Let us know what you think of the additions! 🙂

• Thanks 4

Sorry but changing car tuning setup in skirmish is pointless, we don't know what the tracks will be, sure we can see the location but not which variation, usually we would have 4 races lined up and you might want short gears for Paris and long for Silverstone for example. If you mess up the setup when in skirmish you have 4 races to play before you can fix it. 

I don't see why we couldn't still have a variable hold screen between each race for tweaking setup like in every other grid game.

Constantly reinventing the wheel here ffs!

• Agree 6

Agreed. We need to be able to tune cars between each race. Different tracks definitely need different gear ratios at least. We had that in GAS. Anyone on the dev team actually play that game? Either that or reset each car to default tuning for multiplayer.

• Agree 2

image.png.d71356ab31f206639fd7668e06c786b1.png

Seriously, could the team just take a week out and play Autosport multiplayer so they can have a point of reference, the event details screen in GAS multiplayer... can click on the track to see number of laps, this event list is prime example of why you would want to be able to change tuning before each race, Mount Panorama on short gears would be murder, next race is Chicago where you want short.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

Sorry but changing car tuning setup in skirmish is pointless, we don't know what the tracks will be, sure we can see the location but not which variation, usually we would have 4 races lined up and you might want short gears for Paris and long for Silverstone for example. If you mess up the setup when in skirmish you have 4 races to play before you can fix it. 

I don't see why we couldn't still have a variable hold screen between each race for tweaking setup like in every other grid game.

Constantly reinventing the wheel here ffs!

It really is pointless in skirmish and pointless if you cannot see the specific track variation in a hosted MP

Amazing 🤣

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Thanks for the update, I'm glad that those 'feature holes' are being filled now.

I would like you to push for another small thing:

Can we please have Autosport replay camera control?

I want to be able to rotate the camera manually in replay mode, so I can take cool replay screenshots.

For those who didn't play previous GRID games - when viewing race replay, you had the same default camera views - bumper, hood, chase, trackside cams.

For most of the views, you were able to rotate camera manually - so in chase view, you were not limited to only view the rear of your car, you could rotate it 180 degrees ant take the screenshots of the front of your car, or the side, or whatever.

This feature is kinda in the game, during the race - you can rotate your view manually while driving, but it won't work in replay mode.

It's not clear to me, why they suddenly turned that feature off in new GRID, looks like some kind of oversight to be honest. 

Please, put it back 🙂

• Agree 1

Thanx for this update, especially the in-game statistics and accolades section is great news for me, i like that

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, painisawarning said:

For most of the views, you were able to rotate camera manually

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????

On 2/21/2020 at 4:23 PM, painisawarning said:

I would like you to push for another small thing:

Can we please have Autosport replay camera control?

I want to be able to rotate the camera manually in replay mode, so I can take cool replay screenshots.

For those who didn't play previous GRID games - when viewing race replay, you had the same default camera views - bumper, hood, chase, trackside cams.

For most of the views, you were able to rotate camera manually - so in chase view, you were not limited to only view the rear of your car, you could rotate it 180 degrees ant take the screenshots of the front of your car, or the side, or whatever.

This feature is kinda in the game, during the race - you can rotate your view manually while driving, but it won't work in replay mode

except the track cams view, you can rotate the cam same way as when you are playing. you can change the view angle until you freeze the frame

Edited by minetti

On 2/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, GavinMac said:

Seriously, could the team just take a week out and play Autosport multiplayer so they can have a point of reference.

That would be a great idea. I wonder why they didn't play any of the previous GRID games before working on this one. Hmmmmm.

• Haha 1

I hope that @CMTGK and @ChrisGrovesMCM read this thread and relayed the stupidity to the team regarding tuning in skirmish only and us not being able to see what the event details are... If the team wont go play Autosport for a reference point, how about going and playing any other racing game, why does grid2019 have to be different from every other game in history!!

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, GavinMac said:

I hope that @CMTGK and @ChrisGrovesMCM read this thread and relayed the stupidity to the team regarding tuning in skirmish only and us not being able to see what the event details are... If the team wont go play Autosport for a reference point, how about going and playing any other racing game, why does grid2019 have to be different from every other game in history!!

I'd say to avoid tagging Chris as he is no longer the Community Manager of GRID 🙂 

Why would a more experienced person leave to another department  

Then bring in a new guy who going to asked the same question from us over the next 6 months. 

They did this to f12019 .8 months later got the same question. It just goes back to square one  

My post above yours is a serious question. 

On what do I buy when I have already bought day one edition of grid.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I'd say to avoid tagging Chris as he is no longer the Community Manager of GRID 🙂 

I understand that but he is still posting in grid forums.. would think there would be a handover period too, either way people need to focus on the issues and stop trying to distract or change the subject. ps4 pricing is not on topic for this thread.

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Then bring in a new guy who going to asked the same question from us over the next 6 months. 

They did this to f12019 .8 months later got the same question. It just goes back to square one  

This game is life support. They have to release the content they are contractually obligated to, but the game is practically dead. You can see it from the lack of any enthusiasm about it, the lack of any long-term commitments to fixing the most basic things, etc.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

This is a really strange question... People switching jobs or teams in the games industry is ridiculously common. You also talk about F1, but you somehow failed to remember that Faya left the company...