Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Can you customise different inputs on the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2?

If I'm racing with the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2 on Xbox One. Can I customise all of the different extra buttons and dials on the wheel? Or am I limited to only changing inputs for the standard Xbox buttons?

Currently I race with a Logitech G920 and there are two extra buttons which you can't program on the Xbox one, so are essentially pointless.

I have one, but I use it on PC. What exactly is it that you're trying to do? I know the dials, on PC at least, can only be used for fuel mix, and ERS (if I remember correctly).

No, you can't. I have the same wheel but unfortunately this is something Microsoft has to solve. I was very hopeful with the introduction of keyboard support for Xbox One we would be able to program all the buttons and rotary's and switches, but that wasn't the case. It has to come from Microsoft. For that only reason I switch to PC when I want to take full advantage of all the options. On Xbox I now use a small keyboard to access the extra game functions.

27 minutes ago, DirtDiver25 said:

I have one, but I use it on PC. What exactly is it that you're trying to do? I know the dials, on PC at least, can only be used for fuel mix, and ERS (if I remember correctly).

The dials can be used for any function you like, but it's only two buttons you get per dial/rotary. I haven't figured out yet how to proparly use it as a 12 postion switch. With Joy2key this must be possible. I have seen a video of someone doing it. This however would only be useful if all the ERS modes could be mapped to a single button.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, RyxProductions said:

If I'm racing with the Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2 on Xbox One. Can I customise all of the different extra buttons and dials on the wheel? Or am I limited to only changing inputs for the standard Xbox buttons?

Currently I race with a Logitech G920 and there are two extra buttons which you can't program on the Xbox one, so are essentially pointless.

On PS4, yes. On Xbox One, no.  The difference is in how the consoles implement the Fanatec SDK.  The PS4 simply offers more support for the Fanatec wheels; pedals register as separate inputs from controller buttons, etc.  This has always been a frustrating limitation on Xbox One, but as has been correctly mentioned, it’s a Microsoft problem.  It’s that way on every single racing game on Xbox One (when using wheel peripherals you are limited to the xbox controller face buttons and things like throttle and brake are hard coded to LT/RT, etc).  Hopefully Microsoft fix this for their next generation console.  

Edited by BadFlounder
Correction