Racing line assist

So I eventually took the plunge and turned off racing line assist last night. 

MUCH easier than I expected. I’ve lost a second or two initially but I expect to recover that fairly quickly and go faster still. I’m finding it much easier to use the full width of the track without the distraction of a thick green/red line running through it so now just a case of finding the perfect braking points and I reckon I will be flying!

Its more fun too! 

• Agree 1

Keep postponing this last aid. However on a few tracks I'm now just as fast (or slow depending on the perspective you look at it) but it takes some time. Good you had the nerve to do so.

I did it a couple months ago and I am enjoying the game at other level. Good for you.

It would be great if CM could make an intermediate assist only marking the recommended braking points, it could help people turn this coloured snake off.

Edited by pedrosdt

Hey, I'm glad to see that you've both taken the plunge in turning off the Dynamic Racing Line! There is something similar to what you are looking for in the 'Corners Only' option for this, so if you haven't already, I'd give that a try.  

To me the racing line has always been the biggest handicap actually, and one I turn off immediately in any game I play. If I never see it I never miss it! 🤔

It let's me actually learn the track so much faster (like NOT using GPS in real life for example) and encourages me to try new lines out or pass cars in interesting ways. Plus the braking /throttle colors can be pretty innacurate especially in the wet so I can brake at the lady moment better or go round some corners faster. The racing line is basically exactly what the ai cars use ALL the time, so it feels like I'm a robot just copying them. There are plenty of faster lines and cool passes to experiment with once you give yourself total freedom!

The mini map is a way better assist for me if I'm learning a new track. I won't quit practice until I can turn all visual aids off though. It's a cool 'reward' for my efforts in learning a track!

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hey, I'm glad to see that you've both taken the plunge in turning off the Dynamic Racing Line! There is something similar to what you are looking for in the 'Corners Only' option for this, so if you haven't already, I'd give that a try.  

I was talking about a third assist option which could be added to which actually exist.

Full racing line - conrners only - braking points -off

It could help people in transition to turn the assist off, as the most difficult part (talking about me) was to memorize all the braking points at each corner of each gp. Just a point before the corner (maybe the x meters board in another colour, a paint mark in the floor, a different publicity in the wall, or just the first red mark of the only corners racing line assist)

Better explained here 

Edited by pedrosdt