F1 2020 changes and the way online lobbies need serious changes.

@BarryBL

Been a while since I posted something, but just wanted to contribute on improvements on 2020

Online lobbies (ranked as well as unranked) are not really good designed (understatement of the year)

What needs to be changed other than the obvious what everybody is already stating that ranked lobbies need to be split up in assist users and no assist users, the broken ranking system, and the penalty system.

- The so called filter: what's the use of a filter on region only? People want to be able to filter lobbies on how long a race is, which assists needs to be on or off, damage type, those kind of things. Right now people need to open every lobby to see what assists the host has turned on, not user friendly. Cleans up the overview of lobbies which are also in progress.

- When leaving said unranked lobby, why for god sake do people get returned to the MAIN screen in stead of back to the lobby oversight screen? Now we get returned to the main screen and start searching all over again. There's absolutely no logic in that.

- Hosts need to be able to stop a race session at any moment, so they can kick out dirty drivers and this way clean out the lobby from toxic people, and afterwards restart the race again with everyone who is able to behave properly. This way the dirty scum who's only there for chaos do understand that they only impact themselves with their behaviour because they can't get into any lobby anymore where they are kicked from. Also every kick action needs to be logged, so CM can take the appropriate action to these people when they get kicked all the time. 

PLUS Make it clear next to their name or something. Only the host needs to see it, and when someone enters who's been kicked several times for dirty driving, they can prevent the lobby from this kind of people. So when people are kicked, give hosts several reasons why they are kicked. 

#makeonlinelobbiescleanagain

- Connections need to be filtered way better. If your connection to the lobby isn't stable enough, you won't be able to enter the lobby, and getting a message that your connection is too bad and it preventing people in the lobby from having a negative experience. This way you can prevent teleporting cars, unstable lobbies, framedrops, teleporting AI.

- AI is not intelligent. People get taken out by AI in online lobbies. AI drives like dirty drivers, when they hit you, they don't back off, they keep on pressing the throttle until you spin. how many times i am beeing tboned by A"I"...

- When people run lobbies only with themselves and the rest AI, people can't take over any AI driver. Hide these lobbies from the overview, because there's absolutely no use in showing them when people can't take control of an AI driver.

- When running a lobby with F1 2019 cars, automatically set the max player count to 20 since there aren't 22 cars/spots available. Also when people leave these lobbies, when running multiple races, the cars/spots are beeing blocked from usage. This way people who join the lobbies can't select a team because someone who left holds an available spot even when not in the lobby.

Perhaps I think of other things, but this is a start.

On a sidenote, IMO you'd better start focussing on the 2021 regulation changes and next gen consoles and put in all your effort there to make a better experience, because everyone already knows 2020 will be a copy paste of 2019 with new skins on the cars.

It's already a JOKE that the DRS zones aren't even updated in the OFFICIAL licensed game, even when the season is already over. And don't get me started on the rest.

Save yourself some emberassment and make 2020 a DLC for 2019, make improvements based on 2019 and what's beeing said on the forums and at least try to salvage something of the mess.

In the meantime, start focussing on the new 2021 season, build from the ground up with what you learned from all the abominations you made the years before, and build something GOOD!

With the quality of what you released in the previous years, people will perhaps accept a DLC version for 2020 more than having to pay full money. Plus it gives you more time and resources to actually work and focus on the problems, in stead of taking the whole ******** with you for again another year, and start all over again. Because that WILL happen when you release a 'new' copy paste version. Stop lying about years of development, when everyone can see how 2019 was a copy of 2017 with all the same problems and ********. 

Start admitting your errors, take your loss this year by releasing a smaller DLC for less money, improve from there, and throw all your efforts in the new generation consoles with their power and possibilites. From there you can build on a clean slate.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

I think some good points are made here.
2020 features 2 new Tracks though, which means that the next game will have 'some' new stuff at least.
Making F1 some type of 'live service game' would be a way better option than to release a new full priced game every year, but I doubt it will happen.

For online lobbies to work well they need not to be a last minute add on to the game or an afterthought they need to be thoroughly tested before release. If there is not a dedicated dev team responsible for this there SHOULD be and they personally should be present during several months of testing pre-release with dedicated online beta testers. No reason why this can't be part of a fun annual beta competition too. Any flaws during a competition even a friendly one are likely to be more vigorously hunted down and solved.

It's just not enough to have a week of beta testing trying out the menu screens, then a week doing grand prix testing, then a week or two online testing these 3 branches need to be available for hard continuous testing for at least 3 months before release. Treating release buyers as testers prior to major patch releases is insulting!

Of course any live league ran before release might be disrupted by updated code but there's no reason why driver points can't be carried forward even if beta code resets actual game stats.

testers should also be encouraged to cheat during testing instead of behaving like unrealistic well behaved online drivers. That's the only way to discover exploits prior to release when thousands of dedicated cheaters and deliberate crashers suddenly fill up the online lobbies. We should be ready and prepared for them so everyone who plays the game online after releases can be guaranteed a mostly fun and fair time.

I think it's too late already. Whatever strategy they've decided upon is happening. F1 2020 is a Williams, not a Mercedes, sadly.

15 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I think it's too late already. Whatever strategy they've decided upon is happening. F1 2020 is a Williams, not a Mercedes, sadly.

Winter Testing showed that Williams (powered by a Mercedes Engine) made some significant progress though 😉 😁

1 minute ago, LSKone said:

Winter Testing showed that Williams (powered by a Mercedes Engine) made some significant progress though 😉 😁

Not making progress in F1 means going backwards 🙂 We can only hope CM come up with a double-diffuser, DAS, C-Duct and mass damper that they sneak past the FIA.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

We have a Pink Merc now 😵

good to see nothing has changed on the forums🤣 same old ****, different day🤣 

would be a huge shock to see progress here😱

Also give us the possibility to NAME our lobby. So we can call it something like 

"the notfortrainingwheels lobby"

i can't stand how much of a mess it is to look at now. It's almost impossible to find a lobby with assists off or it takes forever to open them all. 

@BarryBL

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, AcidBurn247 said:

An extra Column , indicating what assists is permitted , or Semi/No-Assisted Lobbies on a seperate Tab.

Was already in the list in first post. Assist filter. 

• Agree 1

Didn't checked this one out for the sole reason until recently I didn't race online. I now understand more of the frustration online players suffer from and subscribe to the decent content of this post. As promised..., @BarryBL, will you have the devs take a look at this and reconsider some of the design decisions made, because they are not logical.

mr-spock-quote-696x583.jpg.77b6ab03b8966f3e8f9d5816a8d19354.jpg

Nothing unreal exists. Logic is the cement of our civilization, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason as our guide. After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I just ask for few things for F1 2020 : 

- Tyre punctures caused by debris and contacts
- Clean online lobbies in unranked for what you said + possibility to add a name on the lobby, like "Only street circuits" or "Simulation lobby"
- AI can crashes between themselves. And they stop doing the single file (this is boring)

For singleplayer only

- Add a real F2 Championship
- Add "scenarios mode" like what we've got every two weeks on the weekly event
- Adjust the difficulty of the AI on dry/wet tracks 

PS : Sorry for my bad english

Edited by RoadyHouse

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:59 PM, AlexTT said:

PLUS Make it clear next to their name or something. Only the host needs to see it, and when someone enters who's been kicked several times for dirty driving, they can prevent the lobby from this kind of people. So when people are kicked, give hosts several reasons why they are kicked....

your post has really good points I agree with 99% but not this....because people also kicked by the host, if they are to good or to fast...so how the game will recognize for which reason you were kicked? But your idea is correct.

I think more about a penal system:

- f. e. if you were disqualifyed in a race you will be banned for a week or so (for multiplayer of course, not single player)

Hi everyone,

I've passed these suggestions over to the developer team to look at as well as other potential improvements in our online services.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

your post has really good points I agree with 99% but not this....because people also kicked by the host, if they are to good or to fast...so how the game will recognize for which reason you were kicked? But your idea is correct.

I think more about a penal system:

- f. e. if you were disqualifyed in a race you will be banned for a week or so (for multiplayer of course, not single player)

you can make different sorts of "grades" on why someone gets kicked from a lobby.

let's say the race starts and in the first 2 laps there are 2 guys destroying everyone left and right and using other cars to brake. The moment that happens the people who are affected by this can make a notification to lobby host with a comment about this behaviour. If there's a minimum of 10% of players in a lobby complaining, the host can pause the lobby and kick these players out. This way people don't lose 20 laps because most mayhem is always at the start. 

when a host kicks a player, they must ALWAYS enter a reason, which differ in severity from 1 to 5 from 1 beeing simple and 5 severest. So anyone who takes out half the field in half a lap gets 5 which is called for instance "dirty driver" 

every kick gets logged by CM to control if the reason people get kicked are legit (how often does it happen with what level of severance) and can take adequate actions accordingly. This also means that lobby hosts who kick players that shouldn't be kicked for whatever reasons, can also get restricted from hosting lobbies. 

this way you keep it fair, and not just the dirty drivers are beeing monitored but also the hosts who abuse their power for the wrong reasons, when someone is too fast or good. 

Edited by AlexTT

Next piece of input @BarryBL and @1512marcel.

just racing in unranked lobby, safetycar comes out, i'm leading and Hamilton (AI) is behind me, and goes completely bonkers. (Damage was simulation). And I mean totally bonkers! Sideswiping me, overtaking me, rear ending me, and causing me to need a new front wing and mr hamilton himself has no damage whatsoever. So Ai behaviour? I don't see the i in this. Because you can call it what you want, but intelligence is not the correct term.

second: when you lap Ai cars online which are ghosting, why do they just keep race speed, and stay on the ideal line? Ghosting is fine, but when I'm overtaking, and the Ai is just not moving and also taking the ideal line, it's confusing as hell, because they move everywhere, don't make room from the racing line, and the transparancy isn't clear enough to make not confusing. 

blue flags are blue flags, move from the raceline wether you're ghosting or not. 

Ai in online lobbies is absolutely driving me and a lot more people nuts. 

Posted (edited)

I got this game from Steam as timed demo yesterday. After spending a little bit time in offline mode, I went to ranked lobbies.

Actually I was thinking about buying this game and play until a gp comes without corona cancellation, but my thoughts were changed by trolls after playing online because every time I play, same thing happens:

take a good lap, win the pole, someone crashes into you (like a torpedo) at the first lap, get damaged (the crashers oddly don't get a serious damage), you get the penalty instead of him, now your race is ruined by these guys, leave the session.

I'm not sure about if there's a ghost mode option for all players during the whole session, but it should be available at least in lower ranked races. Otherwise it's impossible or too hard to reach higher ranks.

I think it can be solved by an overwatch system like CS:GO.

Edited by heikkönen

13 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Next piece of input @BarryBL and @1512marcel.

just racing in unranked lobby, safetycar comes out, i'm leading and Hamilton (AI) is behind me, and goes completely bonkers. (Damage was simulation). And I mean totally bonkers! Sideswiping me, overtaking me, rear ending me, and causing me to need a new front wing and mr hamilton himself has no damage whatsoever. So Ai behaviour? I don't see the i in this. Because you can call it what you want, but intelligence is not the correct term.

second: when you lap Ai cars online which are ghosting, why do they just keep race speed, and stay on the ideal line? Ghosting is fine, but when I'm overtaking, and the Ai is just not moving and also taking the ideal line, it's confusing as hell, because they move everywhere, don't make room from the racing line, and the transparancy isn't clear enough to make not confusing. 

blue flags are blue flags, move from the raceline wether you're ghosting or not. 

Ai in online lobbies is absolutely driving me and a lot more people nuts. 

Hi @AlexTT,

From your first example, do you have video of that at all? Can you recreate that issue at all? I'd be really interested to see that sort of behaviour if possible

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @AlexTT,

From your first example, do you have video of that at all? Can you recreate that issue at all? I'd be really interested to see that sort of behaviour if possible

No I'm sorry @BarryBL, wish I did. I haven't set my ps4 to record clips all the time. And since this is the first time it happened to me i wasn't aware of it to push the share button. 

I have to agree with all the above ideas and comments on some level, but the thing I find probably the most frustrating is the lack of respect from other drivers in the weekly events and without penalty, this even includes ai as I dont know if it is just me but they seem to be getting worse. Eg you brake hard on their inside into a corner ( clean pass ) and every time without fail they try to push and shove their way past again before the next corner unless you really hold your ground. Human opponents on the other hand is ridiculous and would be great for F1 2020 to have a penal system for bad and deliberate driving incidents as every second online weekend race I find myself shunted of the track and you only have a limited number of races and the ability to divide players into groups of 1. Assists and non assists.

2. Wheels and controllers. 

I think that change would see a massive improvement in player grouping and skill as I can't really understand why anyone would be playing at level 60-70 or above with assists anyway and possibly even making that a way to manage players so people cant choose to have assists above that level. Also on signal strength as twice last weekend i lost races to opponents that were only there for the first lap and there again in the standings at game end. 

I haven't taken any video yet but will endevour to do so from now on. This does have potential if the players are listened to!

Codemasters f1 2020 Ranked multiplayer lobby allows trolls to kick vote clean racers calling them cheats, that shows the contempt they have for their loyal customers.