Jump to content Jump to content

Everyone on Medium after Q1 finish

DonBlanko

Hey there!

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

I started my carreer with Williams and thats why i finish my Qualifying after Q1 the most time. But i noticed that all the other drivers Start with Mediums. Everyone in the Top 10, also the best of the rests. Thats not realistic and makes it difficult to find some Pace with better strategy. 

I Play on 99 difficulty and my Qualifying had no rain.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

I Play with the newest version, after Patch 1.21

3.       Game-mode?

Carrer mode

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

It is every Qualifying i finish After Q1.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

Look above

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

Loading my carreer again before race statt didnt Help.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Gamepad, ps4

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Do you have this Problem too?

1 hour ago, Camza2011 said:

Unfortunately this has been a known issue since day 1 

Ah thank you, so it is nothing new. By the way: Is the Problem with wrong views of the camera in the Highlights also a known Problem? I mean sometimes you just see the hills, people and so on around the track without cars because the camera view is wrong. I just want to ask before I post another thread.

8 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Ah thank you, so it is nothing new. By the way: Is the Problem with wrong views of the camera in the Highlights also a known Problem? I mean sometimes you just see the hills, people and so on around the track without cars because the camera view is wrong. I just want to ask before I post another thread.

if you mean something like this VIDEO then yes i made a post about it back in July but got no response

I have not read anything about this problem before, so I must have missed it if it's been a known problem since release? (Yes I only recently bought the game, but I have been following this since release as I only wanted to buy after any major problems were fixed).

I just started a new career with Williams to test this. 100% distance, full qualifying, 91% difficulty.

In Melbourne I did not qualify past Q1, but the AI all started the race on soft tyres, so I didn't see any problem there. In race 2, one car started on medium, the rest on soft, & race 3 all on soft. Of course it is only the first 3 races, but they did not start on mediums as DonBlanko is reporting.

Out of interest @DonBlanko, have you tried starting a new career and double checking that the problem still happens? (you can always load your proper career back in any time you want). Also, what settings are you using - full qualifying?, full race distance?

If this really is a bug, it would be good to make sure, so it can be reported before CM move away from patching the game and on to 2020.

4 hours ago, Morsify said:

I have not read anything about this problem before, so I must have missed it if it's been a known problem since release? (Yes I only recently bought the game, but I have been following this since release as I only wanted to buy after any major problems were fixed).

I just started a new career with Williams to test this. 100% distance, full qualifying, 91% difficulty.

In Melbourne I did not qualify past Q1, but the AI all started the race on soft tyres, so I didn't see any problem there. In race 2, one car started on medium, the rest on soft, & race 3 all on soft. Of course it is only the first 3 races, but they did not start on mediums as DonBlanko is reporting.

Out of interest @DonBlanko, have you tried starting a new career and double checking that the problem still happens? (you can always load your proper career back in any time you want). Also, what settings are you using - full qualifying?, full race distance?

If this really is a bug, it would be good to make sure, so it can be reported before CM move away from patching the game and on to 2020.

here is the post from June 

and here is the post from July

Thanks @Camza2011 I missed those.

As I say, I'm testing a new Williams career (100% distance) and the AI have started on softs in the first three races (except one car that started on medium), and also just started a 50% one as another test (all started on soft except for one on mediums), so I'm not seeing the problem -  but the bug might only show up when playing shorter distances (say 25% or less), or maybe would be fixed by starting a new career? It would be good to get confirmation from CM. 

1 hour ago, Morsify said:

As I say, I'm testing a new Williams career (100% distance) and the AI have started on softs in the first three races (except one car that started on medium), and also just started a 50% one as another test (all started on soft except for one on mediums), so I'm not seeing the problem -  but the bug might only show up when playing shorter distances (say 25% or less), or maybe would be fixed by starting a new career? It would be good to get confirmation from CM. 

I got the issue using 50% race lengths but the thing that I have noticed since the game release is that the tyre wear better now than it was then so for example a 1 stop at china going from S-H was impossible for the AI whilst now it's rare for an AI to two stop even without the tyre wear upgrades.

Personally after I discovered the issue I have been using the short quali since it gives a more realistic grid in general and means I dont have to spend ages watching the AI go round to avoid the stupid timing glitches

14 hours ago, Morsify said:

Thank you for sharing your Information with us!

I had 50% distance. I didn't notice the problem in the first races but in bahrain, Monaco and Baku it was obvious.  I Think it depends on the best strategy. In some races the AI choose the softs because of strategy. But in Monaco really everyone chose Medium, even when there was no rain in Q2.

Archived