Jump to content Jump to content

Loaner cars are back from GRID 2. :(

I got to read new Codemasters blog today, Online Discipline Progression & Game Modes and reading "If you don’t own an eligible car, don’t worry – you can still compete with a loan vehicle, just like in other Online game modes.", like in GRID 2, tier 4!! GRRRRRR

Are we going back to having a crap-ola car like SLR McLaren 722 loaner car for tier 4? It took me 2 months before I level up enough to get rid of terrible loaner car in class 4 and start to be competitive with the other online players. I learn just to pull over with the loaner car and let the other guys pass me in a class 4 race.

From what I read, the playlists going to be a mess with tuning\upgrading\flashbacks and no text chat. Good luck getting a fair race.

In the custom hosting department, got to give Codies kudos for giving host so many options. :-bd 

On the console side with the big player base, GRID Autosport will survive. But on the PC side, I give game a 50/50 chance that online will be about as dead as GRID 2 was by Christmas. I still see some bad decisions that could be PC online killers!! Come this fall, GAS going have a lot of competition from new racing\driving games getting release. Will GAS win over the GRID 1 fans that race GRID 1 online for 3 years ( will GAS have the magic? ) or will the GAS online player look elsewhere for a better racing game this fall?

Features
  • SP - Join a team and race in a selection of 5 distinct disciplines, Touring Cars, Endurance, Open Wheel, Street and Tuner. No linear story line, structured more like the original GRID
  • Teammate Controls - Attacking and defending positions - SP
  • Ravenwest are back...
  • Party Modes - Demolition Derby, Checkpoint, Eliminator - SP and MP
  • Online clubs - Create a club through Racenet and earn points by competing under your club livery, up to 100 members in a club
  • Cockpit Cam - making a return, and in two set positions as well, in-car details blur out at high speed to focus on racing
  • Night racing for endurance races - also, races up to 40 mins
  • Tyre wear in endurance races
  • No weather effects
  • No pit stops
  • Maximum of 20 laps for a race
  • Maximum 40 minutes for Endurance
  • Practice and qualifying options for each race
  • Car tuning and performance upgrading
  • Up to 16 cars on the grid in SP, 12 in MP
  • All cars available to race from the start of MP
  • Slipstreaming
"All cars available to race from the start of MP"

Does not sound like it reading this:

Online Playlist:
As with Custom Cups, if you own any vehicles from the class currently in use, you can choose to use them and make the most of any upgrades and tuning you’ve unlocked – in addition to showing off your custom liveries!

If not, you can still borrow one of the loaner vehicles to race with.

Or does it mean stock loaner version of all cars are available?

Purple44 said:
"All cars available to race from the start of MP"

Does not sound like it reading this:

Online Playlist:
As with Custom Cups, if you own any vehicles from the class currently in use, you can choose to use them and make the most of any upgrades and tuning you’ve unlocked – in addition to showing off your custom liveries!

If not, you can still borrow one of the loaner vehicles to race with.

Or does it mean stock loaner version of all cars are available?

All cars are available from the get go as loaner cars. You then earn money and buy the ones you wish to upgrade/tune and customize.
I'm fairly sure I've read @Loore‌ & or @Britpoint‌ clarify this either in a q&a or in one of the other threads.
I think they got the memo from grid 2. That the loaner cars weren't looked upon favorably
I also want to say with so many categories in between disciplines(I think there's 5 in touring alone) That they would have to let us have them available to use all straight away or it'd be ridiculous.
With the way the online playlists have been explained you'd want your customers to be able to a bare minimum use them all or you'd lose a lot of rem straight away.
  • Codemasters Staff
Yeah, you get loan versions of all the cars. It's nice to buy your own so you can race with your own livery, but if you want to jump in an race there are no car restrictions, you can pick anything you like from the class you're racing in.