How to play F1 2019 with my son

Hi all,

I am new to this, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I have purchased F1 2019 and I noticed there is only multiplayer for online gaming or LAN.
That's no problem, since we have multiple gaming pc's.
But should I purchase another license if I want to play with my son?
The way I see it, we can't play F1 simultaneously to play together.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I Advise you not to buy this game if you want a Coop/MP Championship mode. 
Buy F1 2018 if you want to play with your son without frustration. 

They spend 2 years on this game they told us but what they did is:

- Copy/Paste F1 2018 (F1 2017) including all the bugs.
- Remove the Muliplayer Championship mode everyone likes.
- Add league mode that is not working half the time and everyone is ignoring. 
- Add skins and **** no one asked for exept Bugmaster ofc. $$$$$$$
- And remove a Save option because who the hell wants a save option? 🤦‍♂️

I have never seen a company made so many mistakes, seems like only the Game industry gets away with Products that are not working.

Keep your money in you pocket.      

Edited by RPJ1984

Well, I already bought 2019.
So, you're saying there's just no way to do it, except buying another license?

Sadly yes I dont know how old you son is but if you want to restart when something goes wrong there is no option for it sadly. 
You need to restart the training and Quali again 😞 and lose you progress. 

You can buy f1 2018 for just 10 dollar so you will be cheaper out. 

2 hours ago, sander812 said:

Well, I already bought 2019.
So, you're saying there's just no way to do it, except buying another license?

Hey there cool to see a new member on here, thanks for joining up and contributing! As regards multiplayer at the same time racing against each other you will definitively need 2 copies of the game and 2 different steam IDs if you are using steam. If you purchased a boxed copy you need 2 of those as well. Online is a bit hit or miss as the other competitors can vary from Hardcore serious racers to mean killjoys who will spend the entire race trying to wreck yours. You might get lucky but sadly there's no local LAN coop in this game.

You might not want to hear this but you could still have some competitive fun if you get creative. With 2 copies you could both run TT at the same time and play HORSE with your son. (you could do this easily with 1 copy actually).

One of you selects a track, the other one picks the car, the first one then gets to set a lap time over 1 lap. You then switch over and the other player had to beat that time. If they succeed its back to the first player who had to beat it and so on. As soon as one of you can't beat the previous time he gives the first person a letter. The first person to completely spell HORSE( more fun to pick a word you both think is fun) wins the challenge. After each letter a new track /car combo is chosen.

Another way to play together is less competitive but just as much fun as it's team work, with all the pressure that brings.

Guess we could call this HOT SEAT. Your team enters a grand prix, or full career, up to you. You then take it in turns to drive the car in qualifying and race sessions. It's easy to pause the game on a straight (offline only of course!) and switch drivers. You could either switch over after every 5 laps or set a timer for 5 or 10 mins. Doing a full length race this way is actually pretty exciting and stressful as you don't want to mess up and let the team down! Just make sure you set the ai low enough to make up for mistakes and turn damage off (unless you enjoy family fights lol) . All depends on whether you want to work as team or against each other. There is still plenty of competition if you look for it. You could have a fast lap challenge during the race too. Maybe put some quarters on the table and whenever each of you sets a team fast lap time you take a quarter. If one of you sets an actual race best time maybe take a dollar. Whoever has the most quarters at the end of the race wins the challenge. Up to you whether you let your son keep them lol.

Anyway, sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but maybe you or someone else might have fun with these ideas.

I once babysat 2 girls who watched me play a rally game on my pc and wanted to play but were both too small to reach the pedals at same time as using the wheel. So I made them take it in turns, one on the wheel the other on the pedals. It was actually hilarious and a lot of fun! Wheel girl shouting out commands to pedal girl (using her hands on pedals!) GAS GAS GAS MORE GAS BRAKE BRAKE!! (CRASH...) Pedal girl shouting back I'M ON FULL GAS CAN'T GIVE MORE!! Wheel girl shouting MORE GAS!

The wheel and pedals proved to be very tough fortunately for me..

😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Seeing as we're all stuck and could do with a good laugh decided to share the video of above crazy time here. My memory got it wrong, girl on wheel shouts GO FASTER FASTER!! GO SLOWER SLOWER! not gas or brake. Poor girl on pedals didn't get much of a go as wheel girl hogged the wheel! Pedal girl at least gets to watch the replay at the end. First time she could even see what was happening!! 🤣

And it was my flying yoke not even a wheel! Oh well this proves its a sturdy controller at least! Also seeing as it's Dirt 2 it's a CODIES game!!

• Haha 1