Jump to content Jump to content

Thrustmaster TX device name for F1 2010-14?

Nitefox98

Getting the other Codemasters games, such as Dirt3 and Grid, to recognize a newer wheel was generally as simple as change the name of the device in one of the existing config files, but so far I haven't found the correct device name for F1 2010-2014. F1 2010 for example has devicetype and schemetype rather than device name. Anyone found the secret for the older F1 titles so that the controller buttons function in the menus?

9 minutes ago, Nitefox98 said:

Getting the other Codemasters games, such as Dirt3 and Grid, to recognize a newer wheel was generally as simple as change the name of the device in one of the existing config files, but so far I haven't found the correct device name for F1 2010-2014. F1 2010 for example has devicetype and schemetype rather than device name. Anyone found the secret for the older F1 titles so that the controller buttons function in the menus?

The wheel wasn't available when these older games were released, so it's going to be difficult. 

This isn't strictly a TA as if the wheel is unsupported then it should be posted in GD.

I was able to get it working in F1 2010 by renaming the Thrustmaster TX in the windows registry to F430 Force Feedback, but for whatever reason that doesn't work in 2011 or 2012. I'm not sure why the Grid series and Dirt 3 are easy to modify, but the F1 games simply don't want to recognize other wheels. I assume something is in the .exe that's referencing the .xml files, but my knowledge of programming is very rudimentary.

I was at least able to play F1 2011 with my T300 by only changing in-game settings. I had to use keyboard for the menus though, which made it a bit interesting.

There should be some kind of input folder in the game's files (can't remember what it was called back then), that could potentially have xml files for different wheels. I may not be the best at reading comprehension when I'm thinking about other stuff at the same time 😅

The TX does work, I was just hoping I could get it to work in the menus like in Grid and Dirt 3, but 2010 is the only one I've succeeded with. 2011-2013 must have something in the .exe that negates what I edit the .xml files with. The Thrustmater TX id is 044fb669, but copying the contents from 2014 doesn't work for whatever reason.

Archived