Incorrect distance driven being showed

Hello Codemasters.

Many people talk about how they don't want to spend all those many hours it requires to reach 40.075 km driven in GRID so they can get the last achievement Around the globe.

My problem is that i have driven way more km in this game than many other players. Have done several thousand laps on the oval tracks. My driver level has reached the highest it can and when i look under statistics it says i have ONLY driven 6.588 km!

I know i have driven MUCH more than 6.588 km since this game was released. Have played it since release date.

Hope you can fix this ruining bug...

IMG_20200225_153716.jpg

2 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

776 km driven

4600 km on raceline

Fix this

1831756597_Screenshot_20200225-150520_PSCommunities.thumb.jpg.6cd50dfe590c55237c9ccc222a558a0c.jpg

Hey @KreuZenNL - I spotted this on Discord too, thanks for posting it here.

Can you please create a separate thread in the Technical Assistance Forum using the template linked below, as this appears to be a slightly different issue to the one listed by @Nocturnal_Heart?

2 hours ago, Nocturnal_Heart said:

Hello Codemasters.

Many people talk about how they don't want to spend all those many hours it requires to reach 40.075 km driven in GRID so they can get the last achievement Around the globe.

My problem is that i have driven way more km in this game than many other players. Have done several thousand laps on the oval tracks. My driver level has reached the highest it can and when i look under statistics it says i have ONLY driven 6.588 km!

I know i have driven MUCH more than 6.588 km since this game was released. Have played it since release date.

Hope you can fix this ruining bug...

IMG_20200225_153716.jpg

Hey @Nocturnal_Heart - welcome to the Codemasters Forums!

This is a really tough one, because it's not something that we can really verify. I totally understand what you're saying but I don't see how we can work out you have driven more than you say you have. Granted, if we were to receive an onslaught of reports from players saying the same thing then we can look into this. Perhaps someone who has the achievement unlocked can share their stats screen to see how they compare, that could be a good start.

The Around The Globe achievement is a mammoth one, so I wouldn't blame you for mistaking that you should be closer to its completion than you are!

Are you telling me that i might mistakingly think i have driven more than what i have? Can you see on the screenshot i posted that there is a red G next to my name and in-game money? That means my driver level is maximum. I have levelled up from rank 1 four times! The first 99 levels, then 99 bronze levels, 99 silver levels and the rest 99 gold levels.

If this is not to be fixed it means that many players have wasted MANY hours of their time that they won't get back - That is a big problem that won't do the popularity of your game any better.

You may have thought you drove more than is listed in your stats, yes - however, that doesn't mean that's the case. There does appear to be a wider problem with the stats screen at the moment and how distance is calculated could also be a factor in that. Once I know more, I will report back.

Your maximum driver level doesn't automatically mean that you would have driven all 40,000 kilometres required to fulfil the achievement. Someone else may have unlocked the achievement without reaching the maximum driver level. As I mentioned above, if someone with the achievement showed their stats screen we would be closer then than now in working out whether yours is broken. The achievement does take many hours, perhaps many more than you have invested so far - we don't know that for sure.

Is there anyone here who have gotten the achievement "Around the globe"?

If yes, can you share a screenshot of your statistics here?

Edited by Nocturnal_Heart

@CCCP1945 - You need to give me more information than this. Clearly this shouldn't be showing as 'Zero' distance driven but please use the following template in order for us to help:

I just completed the trophy today and would say that your mileage looks about right.

I completed career fully including season 1 & 2, then also drove until I maxed out on prestige.

Total driven at that point for me was 8,300 miles.

Then it was grind around 6,500 laps on the Indy oval track to complete the "Around the globe" trophy. It's a lot of driving to unlock unfortunately.

GRID 2019 Around the globe trophy 24,901 miles finally completed. PS4

IMG_20200310_170647.jpg

IMG_20200310_165901.jpg

IMG_20200310_165928.jpg

IMG_20200310_165048.jpg

Well, good for you Mark!

The issue with the stats not appearing correctly does not happen to everyone. But many other players than me are experiencing it.