Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Bug - Allmost all AI drivers DSQ because of SC

Hi,

today I drove a race in Canada and a weird thing happened: SC was called, forced (almost) everybody behind to overtake it and then those, who did it, got DSQ for illegal overtake. I tried to record it with OBS:

What I think happened:

1. Sainz got out of the race in S3 somewhere around the hairpin.
  2. Safety car got called out when most of the front runners were just past the start.
  3. Perez, running first, managed to beat the SC before it got out of the pits and continued.
  4. Everybody else stayed behind the SC, but since Perez made it, the SC stopped right at the end of Sector 1 and forced everybody to overtake it and catch Perez first.
  5. But the game registered, that they overtook the SC, so it gave them 15 seconds to return the position and then DSQ them.
  6. When Perez finished the lap and caught the SC, it finally began to move.

The only way I managed to survive this is by moving back and forth while still behind the SC.

Some info that might be useful: 
Game was F1 2019 on patch 1.21, DX12 mode, career, second season
Run on Win 10 with latest updates

If there is anything else I can provide to fix this bug, I will gladly provide it.

Hey! Nicely made bug report 🙂 

Something that I wanted to ask: Was the leader of the race behind the SC as well at some point, and did he try to overtake the Safety Car as well (I can see at least a Ferrari and Renault not doing anything, was one of those the leader?)

Currently our F1 Developer Liaison is not available (for an unknown amount of time), so it may take time for you to get the "official list of questions".

@Fabiocze as @UP100 mentions, great detail in the bug report. I'll pass this onto our QA team to see if they can recreate the issue. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, UP100 said:

Hey! Nicely made bug report 🙂 

Something that I wanted to ask: Was the leader of the race behind the SC as well at some point, and did he try to overtake the Safety Car as well (I can see at least a Ferrari and Renault not doing anything, was one of those the leader?)

Currently our F1 Developer Liaison is not available (for an unknown amount of time), so it may take time for you to get the "official list of questions".

Hi,

the leader was Perez (driving Racing Point car) the whole time and I think that the only time he was behind the SC was when it was in the pits. So I guess technically he did overtake the SC, but because they were not BOTH on the track, the game did not 'punish' him at all?

On 2/26/2020 at 3:10 PM, RedDevilKT said:

@Fabiocze as @UP100 mentions, great detail in the bug report. I'll pass this onto our QA team to see if they can recreate the issue. 

Thank you both. As a developer I know the value of a good bug report, so I try my best when I report one. 🙂

Edited by Fabiocze
  • Like 1