Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#WishlistWednesday - 13/05/2015

I honestly almost forgot what day it was!!!! 

Lets do this - Wishlist Wednesday time!

Obviously your ideas are always welcome anytime but once a week want to get together for a big group chat and see how your wishlist is shaping up.

What is the wishlist? Well it's the rolling wishlist of things you'd like us to add to DiRT Rally. This can include (but not limited to).
  • Cars
  • Stages
  • Game Modes
  • Features
  • Game Options
  • Things you'd like to hear/see/read about development
Be sure to drop your ideas down in the suggestion box too so we can see how the rest of the fans feel about your idea.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6034/community-the-dirt-rally-suggestion-box

Why do the same job every week?
You have everything to offer!
Game mode, a list of machines, FFB, long runs and a lot more. Why write the same thing once a week?

You are viewing a forum?

Actually a list of community requests confirmed to be granted would be nice IMHO.

Cars - I like what I've seen so far! Lowest priority for me

Stages - Deep snow on dirt, Mud. List the length of each stage. Desert terrain.

Game Modes - I like what you have

Features - Switchable wipers, headlights. Tire choice, blown engines, broken suspension. Adjust the frequency of popping out of gear - should happen with extensive gear box damage only. Increase steering wheel degrees of  rotation.

Game options - adjustable seat/FOV. Mouse menu control. More FFB options with description of each. Remove driver arms and steering wheel from view. Incrementally change the timing of co driver notes. Add clutch support to sequential for down shifts. 

Development coms - List of most requested game changes/fixes and priority of work from developers.

My fave ever rally game was V Rally 3,  as there were different times of day.  You've almost nailed that....  But....  the best tracks were in the early Colin M games....  Mixtures of gravel, tarmac and mud. 

Finland and Australia spring to mind...  Tight woodlands,  bridges and jumps. 

Some wider tracks would be good too....  For drifting.

Best part....of the old CM games though, was to be able to choose tyre type at start of a mixed-surface stage. 

Genius. 

xGabe62x said:
Best part....of the old CM games though, was to be able to choose tyre type at start of a mixed-surface stage. 
Yes, this. I can even choose my tire type in the Rallyman board game. I think I've mentioned before that being able to pick mixed tire types would be great too.

In-game listing of personal best times for all courses according to each car. More statistics would be nice too, such as highest avg speed, top speed, longest jump, etc. for each car separately.

A time trial mode, where you're trying to beat your own personal best time (with split times shown against your best time).

Bought the game since yesterday and i love it!
This is my wishlist so far..
Cars: Subaru's and Evo's
Stages: Desert ( African and American ), Jungle, Dense Forest and longer drives ( maybe like few of them, cause sometimes it feels like it's to short and u just want to keep driving )
Game Modes: A test track to able to setup vehicle for your needs and/or just cruise/drift around in loud cars ^^
Features: Being able to see how long the stage is in menu's

Car wishlist:
Shelby GLHS (Dodge Omni GLH Turbo)

Stage wishlist
Michigan (LSPR) 
Mexico WRC event 

Would love to see an increased damage model.  broken drive-train, blown engines, wheels breaking off after a hard collision, etc.
Courses with more mud
Mouse implementation in the menus.
Little details such as the pupil-less glow on a Deer's eyes on a night rally.
Advanced FFB tweaking options.

Firstly, it's great to see this game come through. I've been waiting for a long time for the series to go this direction. Fond memories of CMR1 when I was in my early teens.
So far this edition is looking promising. I haven't played it yet so I can't say much. Just realism of rally is what I want!
I just really hope it will make release to console.
Cheers and good work.
L

StillDre said:
Cars: Subaru's and Evo's
More compressor surge. (Or wastegate chatter or turbo flutter or whatever you like to call it.)

j'aimerai juste avoir un bon jeu de rally comme à l'époque des colin mc rae.

Here's my wishlist.
  • Cars
More group A cars from early to mid nineties, in particular the Toyota Celcia GT-Four (ST185) and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III.
  • Stages
More stages from the Wales rally, and longer stages too such as the Kielder Forest stages like Pundershaw/Chirdonhead (though I understand that there are technical limitations that would need to be overcome for this to be achievable).

I would also like to see Australia, Finland, Ireland and of course my home country of  New Zealand added. :) 
  • Game Modes
More Rally!  :D  But seriously, I think Rally, Hillclimbs and Rallycross is enough for this game.
  • Features
The ability to have your best times for each stage recorded in stats somewhere (maybe this is already happening and I haven't found it yet), a better damage system both visually and mechanically would be quite cool and having a console version made available when the game is in a finished state would be a really big thing as not all my friends/family can afford to run multiple gaming platforms and only have a console (whether it's a PS4 or Xbox One).
  • Game Options
The ability to have custom liveries made by modders added to your livery list rather than overwriting existing ones would be nice. 

Anyways, keep up the hard work, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game even in it's current state and whether any of the above end up happening I'm sure that the dev team will work hard to deliver the best game they possibly can.  <3

I honestly almost forgot what day it was!!!! 

Lets do this - Wishlist Wednesday time!

Obviously your ideas are always welcome anytime but once a week want to get together for a big group chat and see how your wishlist is shaping up.

What is the wishlist? Well it's the rolling wishlist of things you'd like us to add to DiRT Rally. This can include (but not limited to).
  • Cars
  • Stages
  • Game Modes
  • Features
  • Game Options
  • Things you'd like to hear/see/read about development
Be sure to drop your ideas down in the suggestion box too so we can see how the rest of the fans feel about your idea.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6034/community-the-dirt-rally-suggestion-box

Well, whilst it's still Wednesday in Hawaii...

Cars: modern WRC and R-class cars please. Will match the awesome modern environments/atmosphere created by the stages.

Stages: more of the same please! Six countries is nice, but I'd love to see at least four 'full' stages for each. If I'm being picky, I'd love a stage where the Turini can actually be crossed too :)

Game modes: I'm not a career player the way it's done with the RPG elements and historic > modern progression (nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea), but I'd love to be able to create a custom championship out if custom events. At the moment, doing 3 different events means different AI on each. In an ideal world, I'd love to be able to customise the AI too (outside the game would be fine).

Features: I would prefer a removal of the % points from services, but understand the reasoning for it.

Game options: Erm, I got nothing. Maybe to be able to run hillclimb stages with pacenotes, but nothing major - all good for me. Once pad support is fixed, I mean.

What I'd like to hear: would be good to see/hear from individual team members on what they're working on. I accept it could be a nightmare and I don't mean to the extent of WMD, but Sector3's forums and their occasional 'dev stream' webcasts are very informative, open and honest.

• I leave here my thinkings about how the game have to be (for me)...
    • Cars: All categories and cars can the game support, it means, if the game can support up to 10 cars for category (a number for example) most of the representative of all times, will be great.Categories of cars we have up today are OK, I'm only will implement Kit Cars, FIA R-Classes and many cars in each category.
    • Stages: We must have all types of surfaces, I mean, snow, ice, mud, gravel, tarmac... and each one of this with variations of weather, dry, wet, foggy, sunny, cloudy... and combine those two caracteristics randomly or selecting manualy (for generates Rallies on our way), this last idea comes to create online championships.

• Game Modes: Continuing with last idea, capability for create Rallies and championships for Private Leagues. List with Servers online opened for playing between players all around the world or in a Local configuration. Other type of OnLine as well.
    • Features: Can control all the game to make it as own way Can play as Arcade user (with many controls) and change the game for a Hardcore playing approaching to a Realism and Simulation (without any control, pure racing without helps).
    • Game Options: Each car have a type of gearbox from paddles to H pattern. I think in an option in the game to block this feature, i mean, if 80's cars had an H pattern to drive it, have the possibility for blocking this by the game, and drive this cars only in the real way of gearbox. In the same way, if you want to drive the same cars (for example) with paddles, take the possibility to be free and do it if you want, with a selection swich in panel options like "Block Gearbox for specific car". That will be a great implement in the game, and approing it one more time, to a modular game from Arcade to Simulation, and many people will be happy with this types of options.
  • You must to sorry me, my english is no so great. I hope you understand my suggestions.

I know I´m a bit late, but here are my suggestions anyway. 
    First off all I´m pretty impressed by the game so far and hope that it´s going to be an awesome sim with the help of the community.

Cars: VW Polo R WRC, Group RGT (although it´s unlikely it would be incredible), Mitsubishi Lancer models

Stages: Germany, Safari Rally, Finland etc. and one or two test tracks for practising skills and just for fun  

Game Modes: Already perfect and sufficient in my opinion

Features: All of what the other guys said

Game Options: Custom liveries like in the Forza games would be awesome

Everything else like FFB has already been adressed. 

I would like to see how you want to go about the made suggestions so far. What suggestions do you consider and stuff.

Krusi said:
    I would like to see how you want to go about the made suggestions so far. What suggestions do you consider and stuff.
    I hoped for the same:
    Actually a list of community requests confirmed to be granted would be nice IMHO.

1) realistic damage option

2) realistic physics option (decrease the grip levels)

3) Increase or unmuffle the in-car audio volume levels for tirespin/lockup 

4) add longer stage