Sign in to follow this  

[CAR & TRACKS] Some more locations by terrain

I know it's only an Early Access, but I think that Hillclimb and Rallycross aren't our priorities. We need a real Rally game (with co-drivers and long stages). We already have Greece (gravel), UK (mud) and France (tarmac/snow), plus Finland (gravel), Germany (tarmac) and Sweden (snow). Which types of terrain do we need in the final version?

I disagree that rallycross and hillclimb arent worth thinking about as they have both been a major part of rally culture for decades.
I do think that the rally stages we get should spread between a large variety of surface types not just loads of different tarmac rallies.

austinb said:
I disagree that rallycross and hillclimb arent worth thinking about as they have both been a major part of rally culture for decades.
I do think that the rally stages we get should spread between a large variety of surface types not just loads of different tarmac rallies.
Huh??

Couldn't you have added tarmac and snow to the poll, just for the sake of balance?
Hi Rodger; I haven't added these options just for 2 reasons:
1) I can't think of another good snowy location other than Sweden. If you know some, please tell me and I'll add to the poll.
2) Rally is more about driving on dirt roads than on fully tarmac ones. Personally I guess that 2 tarmac stages are good for this game (Germany and Monte Carlo).
Thx for the feedback!

Ah, I would say tarmac rallying is fantastic, and to me it's a mix of the different surfaces that makes such worthy champions :)

ERC has a near 50/50 balance and has many great tarmac rallies (Ypres, Valais, Ireland, Barum, Janner - all classics), but WRC seems to have gone slightly more gravel-based, especially in the early season.

For snow, I see your point, although there would be a few options. Arctic Rally in Finland (as in RBR), Finnskog in Norway (and the old WRC round), Snodrift Rally in Rally America and Rally Liepaja in Latvia (ERC round, would be my first choice for a second snow round) would be some examples of snow events.